Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 10:06 PM

195 posts, read 273,793 times

Advertisements

Witnessed a box truck completely swerve out of the lane and wipe out a car turning left in Phoenix. He slowed down then just kept going…

The other persons car completely totaled.

I have both the person who was hit and the box trucks plates. Unfortunately at the time I couldn’t turn around as I had an appt I couldn’t be late to.

is there anything I can do now to find who the person who got hit was and give the dashcam video evidence so they don’t get screwed? Also don’t want driver of the truck to get a free pass- scumbags need to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 10:26 PM

680 posts, read 716,810 times
I think common sense would dictate that you would go to the police with your information. Figure out what precinct covers the area the hit and run was on.
You could also do a post on facebook or nextdoor(if you are part of that), saying you witnessed a hit and run and ask if anybody knows the person who was hit.

Last edited by beckerd2; 04-02-2024 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: abc

Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 AM

195 posts, read 273,793 times
So non-emergency line? Would they even care about something like this?

Old 04-03-2024, 06:08 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
So non-emergency line? Would they even care about something like this?
Have you called?

Old 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
If you have time, I'd drive down to a police station in that town. Then, ask the police how they would like to proceed. I'd be doing it sooner than later. If that's impossible because of your schedule, I'd be calling the non-emergency number in that jurisdiction. Whoever got wiped out would sincerely your extra effort!

Old 04-03-2024, 08:23 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Call the non emergency number

Old 04-03-2024, 09:25 AM

983 posts, read 514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
I think common sense would dictate that you would go to the police with your information. Figure out what precinct covers the area the hit and run was on.
You could also do a post on facebook or nextdoor(if you are part of that), saying you witnessed a hit and run and ask if anybody knows the person who was hit.
I had the same situation fairly recently, but it was an old full size pick up ran the yellow and destroyed a small Nissan with a young girl driving. The girl was dazed, but seemingly uninjured. Her car was undriveable, and the old pick up (with a business logo for a local pest control company) left the scene after a brief pause.

I was first at the light, and have a quality 4K dash cam that caught it all.

The police non emergency number was not answered over three call attempts spanning 2 days, and I left my number and info every time. Never got a call back.

Maybe there was another witness that gave the business logo info that made it come together. Dont know.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:01 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
Witnessed a box truck completely swerve out of the lane and wipe out a car turning left in Phoenix. He slowed down then just kept going…

The other persons car completely totaled.

I have both the person who was hit and the box trucks plates. Unfortunately at the time I couldn’t turn around as I had an appt I couldn’t be late to.

is there anything I can do now to find who the person who got hit was and give the dashcam video evidence so they don’t get screwed? Also don’t want driver of the truck to get a free pass- scumbags need to pay.
A thought is that maybe the DMV will contact the person who was hit and relay your name and number to them, then leave it up to them whether they contact you. I'll bet their insurance company will want that information in order to collect from the box truck's insurance.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:32 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
It's hard to guess what the police might be interested in knowing.

I'd look to see if there's a police report for the incident. Without a report there's not much the police could do. If there is a report open, call and let them know you have video evidence that would be useful for that case.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:19 PM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Never got a call back.

I would have gone to the police station in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area