Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,350,575 times

Advertisements

>>From what I have learned about how a woman becomes pregnant, the dominating sperm, her boyfriends, would over power your sperm. So the likely hood is slim that it is yours.<<<

That is complete bunk. There's no such thing as 'dominating sperm' in humans. If the OP had sex with the woman when she was ovulating the child could be his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 01:23 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,857,463 times
I call BS on this.

She would have had her period in November, ovulated around December 4. Tested towards the end of December...making her around 4wks, give or take. There's NO way she was 10 weeks OR that hcg test put her there either. NO way.
Her EDD would be July for LMP in November.

I'm a mom, thus been pregnant, so that's my "expert" opinion.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:07 AM

15 posts, read 26,693 times
I'm kind of accepting that yes it seems to be a 50/50 chance (if not more) of being mine, but if I am also simply a sperm donor than I guess so be it. Perhaps the child when it's born somewhere in LA in late august will eventually start looking like I did, or she may just wake up one day and realise just how close things are and bring it up with me. Oh well. Until then...

Last edited by Cdan5; 05-10-2017 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Missed word

Old 05-10-2017, 07:19 AM

15 posts, read 26,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I call BS on this.

She would have had her period in November, ovulated around December 4. Tested towards the end of December...making her around 4wks, give or take. There's NO way she was 10 weeks OR that hcg test put her there either. NO way.
Her EDD would be July for LMP in November.

I'm a mom, thus been pregnant, so that's my "expert" opinion.
So BS on what exactly?

Old 05-11-2017, 12:30 AM

Years ago I knew a woman who had a child with a man outside her marriage. She never told her husband. The child was raised as the son of the woman and her husband. My guess is the son eventually learned of his true paternity because his mother had let some people know the circumstances.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Stay friendly with her and don't pressure her about anything at this point. After the baby is born, you can ask her to have a paternity test done and her boyfriend does not have to know about it. If she doesn't want to do that, you can always bring a lawsuit to compel a paternity test.
Is that possible? Can any man demand any woman provide a paternity test? What if she claims she never had sex with the guy? Can she be forced to allow her child to have a paternity test?

Should the OP go ahead and demand the test and risk breaking up a family?

Old 05-11-2017, 06:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,740,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Is that possible? Can any man demand any woman provide a paternity test? What if she claims she never had sex with the guy? Can she be forced to allow her child to have a paternity test?

Should the OP go ahead and demand the test and risk breaking up a family?
You can where I live. I don't know about other jurisdictions, but I'm pretty sure you can.

Should he? I don't know. He risks breaking up the family and he also risks being obligated to pay child support for 18 years.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:15 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,462,795 times
I saw a documentary about this. A woman's mother had an affair outside her marriage, got pregnant by the boyfriend and never told the husband. Raised the girl as her husbands. Years after her death, daughter finds out the truth and makes a documentary. It was Canadian-- heartbreaking in many ways. I wish I could remember the name.

As a woman who many years ago had a pregnancy scare with someone who was not my partner after a one night stand, I can tell you that if I HAD been pregnant, I would have seriously considered the course of action the OP's friend seems to be taking. Cut off contact and had the baby with my SO. I don't know if I would have been able to go through with it, but in brutal honesty, I would have strongly considered it.

Just think about it-- not only does this young lady have to admit she cheated but now there is a baby who may not be her partner's. And he's gonna be angry no doubt. Does she live with him? Is she financially independent? Who is the most stable parenting material? She may be making a very pragmatic decision. Not condoning, just saying.

And then there is the safety aspect. Women get killed over unwanted pregnancies. Not saying anyone is violent, but it is a difficult enough situation that it certainly could lead to some strong reactions.

OP, I would leave it alone if I were you. Unless I really really wanted to be a father with this woman-- like wanted to make a serious commitment to raising this kid.

Last edited by emotiioo; 05-12-2017 at 06:25 AM..

Old 05-12-2017, 02:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,662,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You can where I live. I don't know about other jurisdictions, but I'm pretty sure you can.

I found this in a law library search:

"Paternity action may be court ordered. However, if the child already has a presumed father (typically the birth mother's partner or spouse), any paternity actions must generally be filed before the child reaches the age of 5. If no presumed father exists, a paternity action may be filed at any time before the child reaches the age of majority (usually 18 years old). In most states only the child can file for a paternity action once they become an adult. The child typically has a 1-5 year window to file the paternity action once they become an adult."

Old 05-12-2017, 03:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,740,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I found this in a law library search:

"Paternity action may be court ordered. However, if the child already has a presumed father (typically the birth mother's partner or spouse), any paternity actions must generally be filed before the child reaches the age of 5. If no presumed father exists, a paternity action may be filed at any time before the child reaches the age of majority (usually 18 years old). In most states only the child can file for a paternity action once they become an adult. The child typically has a 1-5 year window to file the paternity action once they become an adult."
I don't know if all jurisdictions have the same time limitations. What you posted doesn't seem quite fair, because the mother of a child with a presumed father could hide a child from the biological father until he was older than 5 so the man would never be able seek to have a paternity test done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy