Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
[SIZE=2]
PS: A mother buying games for her 7- or 5-year-old children could be me or you - that's what mothers of 7- or 5-year-olds do, sooner or later (and no, I don't want to go here into a discussion of appropriateness of video games).
[/SIZE]
I understand the point about the games being for the kids, but, when you have 14 kids and no income, there are more important purchases than games. Somehow many of us survived with only a deck of cards and a box of crayons to entertain ourselves, and, if we were lucky, maybe we could watch a little Looney Tunes on Saturday morning.

Those kids don't need a game, and when people are giving you money because you need it to provide food, clothing, and shelter for your children, it is a slap in the face to them.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,429 times
You don't think teachers are ordinary, taxpaying citizens? They have every right to be as outraged by this mess as the next guy.

The problem with the video games, is they are EXPENSIVE. She has no job. She has no income except off the government. In other words, IT'S THE TAXPAYERS, THE ORDINARY CITIZENS WHO ARE PAYING FOR THOSE EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAMES.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,409 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]It makes me very uncomfortable to realize that excessive language and excessive trashing on this thread comes from some people who are educators.

I try to imagine a teacher whose class has children from multi-siblings family.

Whether the mother gave birth to 20 children every year.
Whether the mother gave birth to twins every year for 10 years.
Whether the mother gave only 4 births to quintiplets 4 years in a row.
Whether the mother gave birth 3 times only, to all 20 children.

Whichever way!

[/SIZE]

Okay...but that is not what she did. She purposefully choose to be implanted with 6 embryos, she already had 6 children, no support, no full education, no job...etc.

Whether the people posting are teachers or not should not matter. This is a public forum. There are all types of people who do many different jobs for a living.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:00 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Post Ok Guys....it is getting crazy on this thread.

I don't care for what she has done any more then the next guy. In fact I think it is a mental issue more then lack of judgement. Kind of like being a drug addict or needing AA or something.

I have never visited her website since doing just that is what the PR firm wants and it put money in their pockets by just going there. ( I still don't know how that works... but it does and that is enough for me ). Writing nasty comments to her on her website can be perceeved as threatening will be investigated so those of you who have already done so.... be aware if the government deems your comment worthy of further investigation they will and it doesn't take much. For those of you who want to yet haven't.... it isn't worth the possible investigation.

Stating what she does or doesn't do with her money, and it is her money since the government gave her most of it. She had to be approved for the assistance in her state by those in charge of the system. The system wellfare or assisted living, ss, student loans or whatever she might get every month is there for everyone. No exceptions. Ok she pushed the standard out too far by having the kiddos, still she is legally allowed to ask for and accept such aid. God Bless America!

Once a taxpayer pays thier taxes that money becomes Government property (ie $$ no longer belongs to the taxpayer). Government then gets to do what it wants or needs to do with that money. Change the law if you want to make a difference. Write your congressman, house rep, sign petitions, etc. But get involved. But don't say she is spending your tax dollars on toys and be outragged. Focus your aggrivation on the people who gave that money away. the Government.

Most of the information out is PR filtered or Sensationalism. She may have been given the shopping money by her church, a relative, a stranger or it could be part of a government allowance. Still it was her money. She has the right to spend it on her kids. Now if it was food stamps and she was using it for toys then she is breaking the law... but I doupt she was breaking any laws by spending money on the kids that was meant for the kids. Are we to start saying what my friend can or can't do with the money she gets for her sons SSI payments?

We are not here on this earth to pass judgement. Sure we don't like what she has done and the way she has done it. The Babies are born. they are alive and in the hospital. that is it. Yes she has gone to the extreme with a donation website. So, demand the PR firm or Website provider post legal documents about how the donations are to be spent. Take a more positive approach. Show up on you congressman's doorstep and demand answers or course of action.

My comments here will either be attacked, or looked over. I just had to say what I was thinking upon as rationally as I can. Life is not black & white. so give things some thought and try not to get overly upset about the things you can't control, do things to change what you can, and well just let it pass you by if can't change it. Sometimes a brickwall doesn't need to move, its the goat who keeps butting a head against it that needs to think differently about it.

just words for thought.

Last edited by Kerowyn; 02-13-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
what kind of intervention?

Why don't the people that "hate" this situation so much just go away and leave the people who WANT to help her to do so?
Oh yes, like a few disapproving posts on a message board is somehow preventing those who want to help, help.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]It makes me very uncomfortable to realize that excessive language and excessive trashing on this thread comes from some people who are educators.

I try to imagine a teacher whose class has children from multi-siblings family.

Whether the mother gave birth to 20 children every year.
Whether the mother gave birth to twins every year for 10 years.
Whether the mother gave only 4 births to quintiplets 4 years in a row.
Whether the mother gave birth 3 times only, to all 20 children.

Whichever way!

The teacher of her children realizes, of course, that this mother has financial government help. The teacher calling the mother "a nutjob" in every reference is very unsettling for me. Does anyone feel this way?

The kids, whatever poor family they come from, are supposed to be the purpose and the light of the teacher, no?

It would be very unsettling for me if I learned that my daughter's teacher was participating in a berating behavior (of anyone!) on the side.

This is just so incompatible, just like a doctor berating patient's lifestyle in his free time.

Some professions have to uphold some standards in all situations, no? Do no harm?

PS: A mother buying games for her 7- or 5-year-old children could be me or you - that's what mothers of 7- or 5-year-olds do, sooner or later (and no, I don't want to go here into a discussion of appropriateness of video games).
[/SIZE]
As the teacher that this is probably referring to...

Do you have ANY CLUE what it is like to teach children (and teaching is not just reading, writing & passing tests) who are raised in unhealthy homes?

ANY?

Do you know what it is like to help children who have no darn idea what normal home life is like & are in tears b/c of things that go on at home?

Children who are so far behind emotionally, mentally, physically, and socially BECAUSE of their parents?

Many times, the worst abuse is the abuse the teacher can't "see"... but knows has permanently effected the child and the teacher cannot do one thing...not even hug the child.

This NUTCASE...yes, nutcase...did this ON PURPOSE.

She WASN'T even able to provide for the first 6...what the heck makes you think she is going to be able to provide for 14???

She deserves no sympathy.

I've dealt with nutcase parents a lot of times. I've also dealt with some of the most amazing parents that could be imagined.

I didn't become a teacher to pacify parents.

And just like Naydia Suleman, some teachers are emmy award actors in covering up their true feelings about parents when they see them.

Give me a break...like a teacher is going to go into the classroom & speak like they do on a random message board? Seriously. If they did & some do, they deserve to be taken out of the classroom.

This is a method of venting frustration for many who see this NUTCASE for who she is...a manipulative person who is not even close to being a mother.

Just b/c you popped out a baby doesn't make you a mother.

And after years in the classroom as a teacher who gave 150%, I can say that with complete hands-on knowledge.

She did it for herself. And that is sick.

She is alllowing a PR firm to pimp out babies who are still in incubators. Sick, sick, sick.

The only good thing out of this is that the children will have one another. Hopefully, that will pay off for them seeing how things are starting off for them.

This board has been a great way to vent frustration. I just mentioned this woman last night to my husband for the first time. He could care less. So, really, if you think posters on here are completely this way in "real" life,that's naive. I don't sit around with friends berating people.

Oh, yeah, and spend some time in a teacher's lounge if you want to be so quick to pass judgement. I never did b/c it is a gossip room where lots of frustation about EVERY student and parent is talked about in ways that would make a parent's jaw drop. I had healthier ways of relieving the frustration that comes with the job. I ran 6-8 miles every evening. It was a blessing b/c I taught middle school and knew that those students deserved the best of me. Sorry, teachers aren't fairies who sing happy songs & smile 24/7...they are real people who deal with real situations and see things about children parents NEVER see....for that alone, I believe this nutcase's children have a heck of a long journey.

Last edited by 121804; 02-13-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 02-14-2009, 07:07 AM

831 posts, read 2,438,792 times
CNN last night showed the results of a poll. Would you contribute to the Oct's mom website? The results were 96% said no only 4% said yes

Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
CNN last night showed the results of a poll. Would you contribute to the Oct's mom website? The results were 96% said no only 4% said yes
roflmao

Old 02-14-2009, 08:10 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
their should be a law saying that those intergalactic ufo's can't drop their unwanted alian creatures on earth anymore...... the earth is all ready overpopulated.... those alian creatures are just millking the welfare system and loving every minut of it.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,429 times
That church that she says is helping her with a new home and people help, issued a statement that they don't even know who she is, and no help was ever offered.

Her lies just have no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy