Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 AM

491 posts, read 1,047,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
As far as I remember whenever the doctors told you how far along in the pregnancy you are they counted from the last day of menstrual period. About 2 weeks before ovulation. So 4 weeks and 3 days means she has only been pregnant for about 2 weeks. Was there another guy around Oct 1st?
I feel sorry for this baby. To be born in such a situation is sad.
As far as I know, there wasnt anyone else around that time frame. She's already admitted to not knowing who dad b/c of these two encounters, I dont see why she'd omit a third guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
How could anyone in that situation be excited and happy about it? it's awful. That poor child, the product of a one night stand. And that stupid father, one roll in the hay, and he pays support for the rest of his life and has a child he never wanted. Lovely. Your friend is a nitwit if she's happy about this situation.
She's excited that she's going to be a mom. She knows that while she wasnt the most careful person in the world on both those nights, she is accepting responsibility for not using protection.
She also still hasnt decided if she is going to tell either guy about it so the stupid father just might not have to pay her!

PS: If he didnt want the child, he shouldve wrapped it up too!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:45 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,074,862 times
It's also possible that the father-to-be will be thrilled once he gets over the shock. You never know!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
It's also possible that the father-to-be will be thrilled once he gets over the shock. You never know!

Very true! Thank you so much for your unbiased opinions and posts. You seem to look at the bigger picture (not just the situation itself) and I like that you are not judging based on only what you know about this girl from what I have told you.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,134,119 times
If your friend ever does confirm, I hope you'll post and let us know who the father turns out to be!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,074,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
Thank you so much for your unbiased opinions and posts. You seem to look at the bigger picture (not just the situation itself) and I like that you are not judging based on only what you know about this girl from what I have told you.
You're welcome. I've lived long enough to have caught a few of life's curve balls myself, and apparently age is mellowing me out.

I would love to hear how all of this works out for your acquaintance and friend, if he does turn out to be the father. Babies sometimes come at really inopportune times, and I hope the two of them are able to make the best of their new roles in life.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 01-15-2010 at 10:59 AM..

Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM

I absolutely will post if she ever does find out who Dad is. Thanks everyone for your posts. Good, bad or otherwise. If anyone else has anything else to input, please do so! Thank you.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,286,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I am sympathetic to some poor sucker who potentially got trapped into an unwanted paternity, but as they say, "If you can't feed the breed, don't do the deed."
Trapped? Since when are men not responsible for their own actions?

Makes me sick that people think that it's the woman's responsibility to not get pregnant.

Men have choices. This man didn't make the right choices.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,286,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
If your friend ever does confirm, I hope you'll post and let us know who the father turns out to be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I absolutely will post if she ever does find out who Dad is. Thanks everyone for your posts. Good, bad or otherwise. If anyone else has anything else to input, please do so! Thank you.
Definitely, please do! It's like a mystery, a puzzle, a soap opera. We want to know the ending! I hope it's a happy one!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,808,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Trapped? Since when are men not responsible for their own actions?

Makes me sick that people think that it's the woman's responsibility to not get pregnant.

Men have choices. This man didn't make the right choices.
People, didn't we learn this in eigth grade...sex ed! Didn't Ms. Craptree tell us girls to take responsility for our bodies. It is her responsibility...YES!!! He should've had a condom, but it's her body. Some men will have sex without. Some men will try to talk you out of the condom. It's up to the woman to say, hey no condom, no sex. Guy 2 was having sex with her and the other's guy sperm. I say again...YUCKY!!! We as women are stooopid! You can't say on one hand this is my body. I have the right to do whatever. Then, say, he should've had a condom. Like someone else said, poor kid. Two idiot parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy