Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
I'm calling it now. Does anyone see them losing a game this year? Against whom? I think this could be the first time since 1972 that we see this.
Is this going to be like the Rutgers thread where the Pats lose tonight now because you made a thread saying they wouldn't lose???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM

325 posts, read 1,076,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
"Steelers look unbeatable in their own right" OUCH!!!!!
Steelers had a rough day yesterday and they still had a chance to win. Hines Ward was out and our boy Big Ben sold us up the river, but hey it happens. How you throw an interception into the endzone on 3rd and goal from the 3 is beyond me. That could have changed the complexion of the game.
We will be fine trust me when I tell you. I'm a realist. The Steelers are playing well probably will finsh 11-5. I'll take it.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
I am still sticking with my 13-3 prediction. Actually, tonight's game was one I had circled as a possible loss when the schedule came out. Hope I'm wrong.....I usually am.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,461 times
I'm routing for anyone to beat them. I don't care who, just so they don't go undefeated. I think the Colts or Cowboys have a good chance and there are a few other teams that could surprise them.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Yes the Patriots look just awesome, but I've heard this all before. NFL today stand for "Not for Long" and I've seen some of the most praise-worthy teams fall flat on their faces in due time. Do I think that of the Patriots? No, not over the long haul. But there will be those weeks where the team looks flat, average, be however you wish to characterize it. Its always hard to envision at current state, but it will happen at some juncture during the course of the season. The Colts two years ago were 13-0 and it was hard in most people's eyes to imagine anyone beating them. They wound up losing three of four, including one-and-done in the playoffs. I don't see the same faith for the Patriots, but I do see a hic-up or two along the way, not to mention how can anyone discount the rash of injuries in the modern day NFL??

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I'm routing for anyone to beat them. I don't care who, just so they don't go undefeated. I think the Colts or Cowboys have a good chance and there are a few other teams that could surprise them.
I'm with you! They have some good players but we'll see what happens since they had to put their video cameras away now! LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
I'm with you! They have some good players but we'll see what happens since they had to put their video cameras away now! LOL
Yeah, it was all in the video cameras. They'll never win another game now that they can't use those anymore!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Default Pats may lose to Buffalo?

Something terrible happened this week to lead me believe the Pats go down against the Bills this Sunday night. My Patriot key tag fell off my car key chain twice this week! I know this sounds crazy, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. A couple of years ago when the Pats were about to play the Broncos in the Playoffs, my Patriot license plate blew off my car while it was being transported. We all know,especially the Denver fans what happened during that game. The Pats had FIVE turnovers and lost that game(even though Champ fumbled that ball through the end zone after being destroyed by Daniel Graham, and it wasn't called) I really do believe that it was because of that license plate blowing off my car which had been there for ten years, that they lost that game(not the Bronco team itself). Now here is the odd thing, my Pats key tag has been on my key chain for ten years as well. It has never been taken off, fallen off or anything of the sort. There really would be no other reason the Pats lose to the Bills this Sunday eve, except that which I just told you about. If they go down, I will take full responsibilty for their loss. It just can't happen though............. right?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times
thanks for telling me. im going to go change my fantasy pick now to the bills.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Hell hath no fury as Bill Belechick scorned. Having last Sunday off won't slow them down a bit. New England 34, Buffalo 9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football