Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 04:17 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Continuing to show lack of any remorse or accountability for his actions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/henry-rug...161932751.html

Devil is in the details. My understanding of this.. Is that they call and say "You have to blow into this device attached to your phone".. If you miss the call, you've missed the test.

I mean.. It happened once, so.. The "On the crapper' excuse MIGHT hold water here.

However.. The part that doesn't hold water is.. You'd think that would be pretty well understood by the court and we wouldn't be in this situation.

FWIW.. He doesn't have the team behind him. The team has cut all ties with him. The team.. At least I certainly hope, contacted the family and obtained permission to show up at her memorial service. Davis was certainly there. Can't imagine he just showed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 04:21 PM

884 posts, read 1,172,100 times
He really is just acting like the rules don't apply to him. One of the videos from the crash showed his girlfriend screaming "help him, help him" with zero care for the woman trapped inside the burning vehicle. These people really think they can do whatever they want and only care for themselves. I don't think, based on his behavior that he's sorry at all. He's just sorry it wasn't immediately swept under the rug.

I also find it interesting how people are bending over backwards to excuse him and give the benefit of the doubt while not extending that to the woman and her dog who burned to death. Making all these allowances for his behavior and reasons why it happened but the girl who burned to death...oh well...I guess her family should just get over it since it was just a little mistake.
I even saw someone on a news article in the comments blame the Toyota for catching fire and said she should have gone back to Serbia.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
He really is just acting like the rules don't apply to him. One of the videos from the crash showed his girlfriend screaming "help him, help him" with zero care for the woman trapped inside the burning vehicle. These people really think they can do whatever they want and only care for themselves. I don't think, based on his behavior that he's sorry at all. He's just sorry it wasn't immediately swept under the rug.

I also find it interesting how people are bending over backwards to excuse him and give the benefit of the doubt while not extending that to the woman and her dog who burned to death. Making all these allowances for his behavior and reasons why it happened but the girl who burned to death...oh well...I guess her family should just get over it since it was just a little mistake.
I even saw someone on a news article in the comments blame the Toyota for catching fire and said she should have gone back to Serbia.

His lawyers are not the brightest for bringing up the "The Fire Department was slow"

That's like saying "My client dropped a rock off an overpass and if the ambulance hadn't been so slow to respond, they'd have been fine"

The problem with everything here. Is figuring out which part is him and which is the lawyers. Not that it REALLY matters. I mean.. There's not much he's going to do pre-trial to improve his image.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:43 PM

631 posts, read 298,198 times
Honestly I think ruggs is just going to receive probation and counseling.

Old 11-20-2021, 02:27 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
He's looking at 50 years. No way pleads that down to probation.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:55 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
No way.

Not today.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He's looking at 50 years. No way pleads that down to probation.

Not a chance. Nevada law is clear. He does a minimum of 2 years. the statute reads that anyone charged cannot be pled to lesser charges and 2 years incarceration is mandatory and cannot be suspended or pled out.

The locked up OJ for 9 after all.

Old 08-09-2023, 11:35 AM

3 to 10 years.

Basically, after 3 years, he can be released, upon the approval of the parole board.. I *THINK* that's how Nevada does things. After 10 years, he's released no matter what.

All in all.. Probably a fair sentence. He's lost his career.. Lord knows what he'll do once he does get out.. Though.. I would hope that the NFL/NFLPA might bring him in as a cautionary tale to speak with rookies and the like.

Old 08-11-2023, 07:18 AM

3,969 posts, read 2,352,311 times
Damn!! Oh well. You do the crime. You do the time. Nothing more to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football