Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2023, 06:56 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I see quite a view W's on the schedule.
I asked earlier but you only have Rodgers for a year or three and his last season was frankly crap by his past standards.

The question is: What level of success makes this worthwhile? It seems that based upon the thread posts here that just making the playoffs would be enough.

You're literally in the lions den in terms of getting thru the playoffs with the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs.

I have *ZERO* inclination towards the Jets, no hate, no love, no care. I'm an AFC Chiefs fan and if you can make it thru that murderers row then more power to you I frankly feel the same way for the Chiefs as they've had to squeek (barely) past opposition over the years.

AFC is freakin' brutal, even if you have a Superbowl calibre team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 06:55 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I asked earlier but you only have Rodgers for a year or three and his last season was frankly crap by his past standards.

The question is: What level of success makes this worthwhile? It seems that based upon the thread posts here that just making the playoffs would be enough.

You're literally in the lions den in terms of getting thru the playoffs with the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs.

I have *ZERO* inclination towards the Jets, no hate, no love, no care. I'm an AFC Chiefs fan and if you can make it thru that murderers row then more power to you I frankly feel the same way for the Chiefs as they've had to squeek (barely) past opposition over the years.

AFC is freakin' brutal, even if you have a Superbowl calibre team.
True on competition. At least two of those three powerhouses had to play each other so it would depend on seeding.
I thought Rodgers might seek out SF (or NFC) and the NFC bracket last year had a group of teams a notch or two below BU-KC-CN

The team that has missed the playoffs the most years in a row since 2010 are the Jets. They paid high dollars for Rodgers but a playoff birth would be an achievable goal and maybe worth it since the NFL is a business.

Here is why they missed the playoffs.
points per game 17.4
Here is why they were in many games
points allowed per game 18.6

Old 05-10-2023, 07:08 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:
True on competition. At least two of those three powerhouses had to play each other so it would depend on seeding.
I thought Rodgers might seek out SF (or NFC) and the NFC bracket last year had a group of teams a notch or two below BU-KC-CN

The team that has missed the playoffs the most years in a row since 2010 are the Jets. They paid high dollars for Rodgers but a playoff birth would be an achievable goal and maybe worth it since the NFL is a business.

Here is why they missed the playoffs.
points per game 17.4
Here is why they were in many games
points allowed per game 18.6
What Jets fans are probably expecting is a deep run at the Super Bowl. What reality is, is if they can make the playoffs at all, it will have been a successful season for THIS year. It's going to take a minimum of 10 wins and maybe even 11 to make the playoffs in the AFC.

The FOLLOWING year with Rodgers (as long as this year was a major step forward) you can look for a deeper run. The team does have a lot of talent. This might be a bit more realistic.

Expectations and reality can be very separate things. I DO think this team will be one that others cannot look past. There's no easy win here.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:48 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Way I deal with the ups/downs of an NFL season, reasonable expectations, always.

At my age, I enjoy watching the NFL but don't get overly upset. I think playoffs for the Jets this year would be great, a SB or it's a failure isn't realistic to me. Fans will be fans, though. I read SB Nation for Packers, then glance at Gang Green to see what the mood is.

I hope Jets have a great season, it will be fun. I'm sure they'll see some prime time games on the schedule tomorrow and first ever Black Friday:

https://www.nfl.com/news/prime-video...-friday-game-o

Last edited by susancruzs; 05-10-2023 at 08:05 AM..

Old 05-10-2023, 09:53 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
The Jets have the 8th hardest schedule this season.

Old 05-10-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Way I deal with the ups/downs of an NFL season, reasonable expectations, always.

At my age, I enjoy watching the NFL but don't get overly upset. I think playoffs for the Jets this year would be great, a SB or it's a failure isn't realistic to me. Fans will be fans, though. I read SB Nation for Packers, then glance at Gang Green to see what the mood is.

I hope Jets have a great season, it will be fun. I'm sure they'll see some prime time games on the schedule tomorrow and first ever Black Friday:

https://www.nfl.com/news/prime-video...-friday-game-o
Yeah, Rodgers moving there definitely creates an interesting story line so that's at least a cool thing we can observe.

NFC just looks so whimpy right now with a few exceptions.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:51 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Bills come to Jets for their opener, Monday night football on 9/11. As a Pack fan, glad to see this so I can watch AR and see how he does with his new team!

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jet...et-information

Old 05-16-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Bills come to Jets for their opener, Monday night football on 9/11. As a Pack fan, glad to see this so I can watch AR and see how he does with his new team!

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jet...et-information
Wow, talk about not easing into the season....that's going to have a playoff game vibe to it.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:03 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
I think the last team Buffalo wants to play the first game on TV is the Jets on the road. However look at this line:

Line : BUF -1.0
O/U : 47

Vegas is sure giving the Jets respect. If they win it might not be considered an upset.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:41 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:
I think the last team Buffalo wants to play the first game on TV is the Jets on the road. However look at this line:

Line : BUF -1.0
O/U : 47

Vegas is sure giving the Jets respect. If they win it might not be considered an upset.
Being in the same division with the Jets, you're going to play them. I'd want to get them early while Rodgers and the offense are still trying to get the kinks out.

If the Jets are going to be a factor, things most likely will get clicking midway through the season. By then everyone will know if the honeymoon is over between Aaron and the fans/media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football