Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2022, 05:15 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And it is now 37-7 with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

And CBS cut away to another game.

IMO Mahomes and crew is just too entertaining to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 08:45 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And CBS cut away to another game.

IMO Mahomes and crew is just too entertaining to do that.
I was watching it on the NFL app on roku and they cut to the Packers game, another blowout.
Seriously though.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:57 AM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Chiefs just have so many weapons on offense that I didn't sweat losing Hill. No knock on Hill either, he's just too expensive and the Chiefs only have 1 ball to throw each play.

Mahomes with a 94.1 QBR week one lol.

Chiefs need to send notice Thursday that despite being such a tough division, the rest of them are fighting for the wildcard.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Chiefs just have so many weapons on offense that I didn't sweat losing Hill. No knock on Hill either, he's just too expensive and the Chiefs only have 1 ball to throw each play.

Mahomes with a 94.1 QBR week one lol.

Chiefs need to send notice Thursday that despite being such a tough division, the rest of them are fighting for the wildcard.

Why I don't know but I've always liked offenses that make good use of their tight end, and KC seems very well stocked at that position.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:34 PM

10,304 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Hope the Chiefs disassemble the Chargers.

And I was a season ticket holder to the San Diego Chargers, for decades. (Coryell years.)

But now that the owner's kicked us in the teeth, I'll root for any/every team that plays the Chargers. (Even the Raiders, and that's saying something.)

Old 09-13-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Hope the Chiefs disassemble the Chargers.

And I was a season ticket holder to the San Diego Chargers, for decades. (Coryell years.)

But now that the owner's kicked us in the teeth, I'll root for any/every team that plays the Chargers. (Even the Raiders, and that's saying something.)
Yeah, I feel that. I don't follow the NFL enough to have an opinion on some of that but it seems like it's not good for the fans.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:22 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
I just think it's fascinating how little respect Mahomes still gets from armchair football experts.
They act like he still has something to prove, he's still running on beginners luck 5 years in, and surely the rest of the league has him figured out.
In reality, he's either the best quarterback in the league or the perfect character in Andy Reid's video game.
Time after time, the naysayers are proven wrong.

That second Super Bowl appearance? Where he was playing injured and short-staffed? Whatever.
Last year's AFC championship? Well... at some point a quarterback can't be expected to single-handedly outscore his bad defense by putting up 50 points game after game. That sort of thing tends to catch up with him from time to time and sometimes it results in a loss.
As good as Mahomes is, it's still a team sport and I think the team got better this year.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I just think it's fascinating how little respect Mahomes still gets from armchair football experts.
They act like he still has something to prove, he's still running on beginners luck 5 years in, and surely the rest of the league has him figured out.
In reality, he's either the best quarterback in the league or the perfect character in Andy Reid's video game.
Time after time, the naysayers are proven wrong.

That second Super Bowl appearance? Where he was playing injured and short-staffed? Whatever.
Last year's AFC championship? Well... at some point a quarterback can't be expected to single-handedly outscore his bad defense by putting up 50 points game after game. That sort of thing tends to catch up with him from time to time and sometimes it results in a loss.
As good as Mahomes is, it's still a team sport and I think the team got better this year.
The guy is still barely in the league from a QB perspective and has already won *everything*.

So, I think a lot of times people dragging on him are just wishful thinking rivals, fans of other great QB's that don't like the pace he's on and the gushing praise thrown his way by sportscasters etc.

That being said, with all the talk of everyone knocking them off the top of the division, let's see what happens tomorrow night. If the Chargers win, hats off to them, but the road through the AFC still runs through teams like the Chiefs and Bills until someone else proves otherwise.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:42 PM

And the Chiefs battle back to a 10 point lead and then sit on the ball to guarantee the win so to speak.

Great performance by the chargers but Chiefs are winning games on both ends of the ball so that's a bit scary.

P.S. I 100% admit that I am not a serious NFL fan. I tend to fall back on the "What have you done" more than the "who did you sign last year".

Old 09-16-2022, 05:14 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Whenever you watch the Chiefs, there are times that they always seem to start out slow, especially in big games. Then they mount a comeback, usually in the 2nd half and take the game over. Really amazing and fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football