Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 09:51 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,401 times

Advertisements

I think the Chiefs are the team to beat this year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:22 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
My AFC team is the Chiefs. My NFC team and childhood team is the Bears. It's the only team I would root for over the Chiefs and then only if it mattered for the Bears to win.

That being said, until we see the defense showing that it's something at least decent, I cannot share your optimism and pre-season is not going to show that.

They're a very strong squad but team to beat? Way to early. Just way to early.

Go Chiefs!

PS. +1 rep for the excitement and enthusiasm, love that!

Old 08-30-2019, 09:32 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
How would Hunt have made any difference in the AFC Championship Game???

Chiefs didn't lose that game due to a lack of offense, it was the defense that let them down....

Hunt played in the first game agains the Pats in Foxboro and Chiefs still lost that game too....
Uh, more offense equals more points? They only needed a few more to get past the Patriots.

What do you guys think about the new defensive coordinator? think he will make a significant impact or is the defense most likely going to stink again?

Old 08-31-2019, 03:44 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,048,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Uh, more offense equals more points? They only needed a few more to get past the Patriots.

What do you guys think about the new defensive coordinator? think he will make a significant impact or is the defense most likely going to stink again?
Then again, if the defense does the job by protecting a lead to the end, there wouldn’t be a need for more points because the game would be won.

Teamwork is a two way street. At some point the defense has to do their job because they can’t always expect the offense to keep coming from behind. Eventually the offense and defense will burnout the longer they’re on the field and the harder they have to work. Better to have and maintain a lead than to overwork your team more than necessary. You win by staying ahead not by falling behind.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:24 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,129 times
While KC is probably a good fit for McCoy it really screws up my fantasy team. I drafted Damian Williams with my second round pick and picked up McCoy with a late round pick. Now it seems they will be in a time share. I didn’t draft Williams that high thinking he would be in a running back by committee.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,601,687 times
Default Chiefs defense.

The game at Jacksonville should give a good indication of how much the defense has improved(especially the run defense). Chris Jones returning, and the addition of Frank Clark to the defensive line are instrumental in stopping the run. Looking for the defense to hold Jaguars to under 100 yds. rushing in this game. Will also be interesting to see the newer players in the secondary. Spagnuolo will have them ready.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:37 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
The Chiefs need to overcome Andy Reid's propensity to choke, and destroy games with poor time management.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Chiefs need to overcome Andy Reid's propensity to choke, and destroy games with poor time management.
I think they'll have a great regular season. Under Reid, they've actually had what is shaping up to be the most successful run in franchise history. They've been in the post season every year but 2014 since Reid's arrival. The biggest issue they've had has been in the post season, where Reid has delivered just 2 post-season wins.

Even with last year's defense they still managed post-season run into the conference championship game. And they overcame a slow start to come within a pre-snap penalty of reaching the Super Bowl. With that said, I'd argue without a drastically improved defense the Chiefs are likely going to be another post season disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach 13-3 or so, and maybe that offense will be good enough to get them to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't bank on it though. Not with that defense.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:31 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think they'll have a great regular season. Under Reid, they've actually had what is shaping up to be the most successful run in franchise history. They've been in the post season every year but 2014 since Reid's arrival. The biggest issue they've had has been in the post season, where Reid has delivered just 2 post-season wins.

Even with last year's defense they still managed post-season run into the conference championship game. And they overcame a slow start to come within a pre-snap penalty of reaching the Super Bowl. With that said, I'd argue without a drastically improved defense the Chiefs are likely going to be another post season disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach 13-3 or so, and maybe that offense will be good enough to get them to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't bank on it though. Not with that defense.
Reid did the same thing in Philly where I had to put up with his arrogance for 13 seasons. He did take the Eagles to one Super Bowl which they lost. In general he had good seasons, but often poor performance in the post season, JUST like in KC. That is his M.O. I think KC has a shot at getting to a Super Bowl this year IN SPITE of Reid. Mahomes is just awesome.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:41 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,021 times
Hope Hill is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football