Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 11:14 AM

8,548 posts, read 14,116,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
My printer is a Xerox. Not some little no-name brand. All of these technologies are fine with Windows. That's why I encouraged Windows over Apple above. Maybe it's only the printer, but if one device has no problems that's the one I lean towards.
No one platform is perfect. I was Windows/Android up until about 1 1/2 years ago. Now I'm all Apple. I was very sold on the Pixel phone line until the Pixel 5 which was garbage and that pushed me to Apple as I don't love Samsung phones. Once I got an iPhone I ended up getting a Macbook Air so that I could text from my computer.

Apple products all play really nicely with each other and there are a lot of convenience features that you can use when you're all Apple that you can't get with Microsoft/Android. Meanwhile, there are some things you miss out on with Apple like the printer we're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 03:49 PM

11,022 posts, read 22,083,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
No one platform is perfect. I was Windows/Android up until about 1 1/2 years ago. Now I'm all Apple. I was very sold on the Pixel phone line until the Pixel 5 which was garbage and that pushed me to Apple as I don't love Samsung phones. Once I got an iPhone I ended up getting a Macbook Air so that I could text from my computer.

Apple products all play really nicely with each other and there are a lot of convenience features that you can use when you're all Apple that you can't get with Microsoft/Android. Meanwhile, there are some things you miss out on with Apple like the printer we're talking about.
Yeah, I loved my Pixel from 2 or 3 years ago. It was great. I got the S20 because the Pixel battery sucked and reviews weren't blowing me away. I plan to replace my phone again in a few months and go back to the new Google Pixel phone.

Old 12-21-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I loved my Pixel from 2 or 3 years ago. It was great. I got the S20 because the Pixel battery sucked and reviews weren't blowing me away. I plan to replace my phone again in a few months and go back to the new Google Pixel phone.
The Pixel 6 looks awesome and I kind of wished I had toughed it out for one year. I will say I do a lot of "virtual" showings via FaceTime/Google Meet/Zoom and the video quality I get on my iPhone is much better than what I experienced on my Pixel. The photo quality is fairly similar. The SPAM filtering abilities of the Pixel was AWESOME though. Posting your phone number all over the internet means you get a lot of junk calls as I'm sure you know.

Old 12-21-2021, 04:18 PM

11,022 posts, read 22,083,663 times
Quote:
The Pixel 6 looks awesome and I kind of wished I had toughed it out for one year. I will say I do a lot of "virtual" showings via FaceTime/Google Meet/Zoom and the video quality I get on my iPhone is much better than what I experienced on my Pixel. The photo quality is fairly similar. The SPAM filtering abilities of the Pixel was AWESOME though. Posting your phone number all over the internet means you get a lot of junk calls as I'm sure you know.
The Pixel was absolutely the most user friendly and intuitive smart phone I've had. The camera on S20 blows me away with the quality. The battery has been good but I'm on my phone so much they do start to drain pretty quickly towards replacement. I'm almost 2 years in on the S20 and now I have to charge it during the day or it dies before 5 pm. Back when I had iPhones they'd get worse after each update. I don't know if that's the case with Android or if it's just the limited lifespan of the battery.

I wish phones still had batteries that were easily replacable but I guess that's part of what makes them waterproof and more durable.

I get probably 5-10 telemarketer or robocalls a day. It's awful. Now it's text messages from insurance companies in addition. The spam blocker there was top notch. The Verizon version on the S20 either isn't as good or the spammers have gotten better at getting around the blocker.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The Pixel was absolutely the most user friendly and intuitive smart phone I've had. The camera on S20 blows me away with the quality. The battery has been good but I'm on my phone so much they do start to drain pretty quickly towards replacement. I'm almost 2 years in on the S20 and now I have to charge it during the day or it dies before 5 pm. Back when I had iPhones they'd get worse after each update. I don't know if that's the case with Android or if it's just the limited lifespan of the battery.

I wish phones still had batteries that were easily replacable but I guess that's part of what makes them waterproof and more durable.
Unfortunately, I think that's just a problem with all battery operated devices now. They only have so many charges in them and then they're junk because the batteries are sealed inside. I'm a big audiophile and I just bought some high end true wireless earbuds for $400. Eventually, they'll be junk because the battery won't hold a charge anymore and that kind of irks me. At least with a phone you can bring it to one of these repair places and they can replace the battery if you're willing to be without your phone for a day or two.

Quote:
I get probably 5-10 telemarketer or robocalls a day. It's awful. Now it's text messages from insurance companies in addition. The spam blocker there was top notch. The Verizon version on the S20 either isn't as good or the spammers have gotten better at getting around the blocker.
I noticed an immediate uptick in SPAM calls and texts when I went from a Pixel 4XL to my current iPhone 12 Pro. The Verizon SPAM filter is garbage compared to the one built into the Pixel.

Honestly, I LOVED my Pixel experience. I had every one from the original through the 4, but I don't know that I'll ever go back at this point. I'm in the Apple ecosystem pretty deep at this point and it would be a significant investment to go back to Windows/Android.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:02 PM

1,516 posts, read 829,549 times
I just upgraded to an iPhone 13 mini and this phone is fast!

Old 12-23-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
I just upgraded to an iPhone 13 mini and this phone is fast!
What did you upgrade from?

Old 12-24-2021, 08:22 AM

1,516 posts, read 829,549 times
Quote:
What did you upgrade from?
An iPhone 12 mini. Best Buy gave me $600 on a 14 month old phone so I spent $116 to upgrade.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
An iPhone 12 mini. Best Buy gave me $600 on a 14 month old phone so I spent $116 to upgrade.
Interesting. I'm surprised there would be a big difference in speed just bumping up one generation. I think I'm going to wait for the 14 before I upgrade.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 339 times
The benefit is that you’ll get an introductory idea about what’s dealing with in the request. We’ll also give you some fresh tips to get hold of the stylish construction operation software. You’ll find two types of construction operation software in the request. You’ll come across pall or on- demesne software. The stylish thing about pall- grounded software is that it’s accessible anytime. The good news is that you can pierce a pall- grounded software from any device. Still, if you go for pall-grounded software, also you’ll need to pay a yearly figure to pierce your data. The positive side is that the seller takes care of the conservation. As a result, you get saved from significant hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals