Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:53 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hubby wanted me to mention one of the things that I make that he loves; especially during football games and it is a must make for the Super Bowl

Italian Beef in the slow cooker

any type of beef roast
1 jar of banana peppers (zesty or mild whichever you prefer)
1 small canister of grated parmesan cheese

brown beef in pan and put in slow cooker. Dump jar of peppers with juice and canister of parmesan in slow cooker. Cook until very tender. Use two forks to cross shred the beef in the slow cooker and allow it to mix and soak up the juices. Serve on Steak or Sausage Rolls with fresh provolone and mustard and/or horseradish sauce. So delicious!

Sounds yummy- went and got the ingredients last night, will make it today. Can it be bagged and frozen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 02:06 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Sounds yummy- went and got the ingredients last night, will make it today. Can it be bagged and frozen?
Let us know how it turns out. I liked this idea as well.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
I am sure it can. I freeze everything. I do have a vacuum sealer but I don't know why you can't freeze it for a bit with a regular freezer bag. I am telling you that you will love this super simple recipe and your house will smell amazing! The men I serve this to especially love it. Enjoy!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
STOP!!!!!!!! You all are making me hungry..
Gosh.. I can't wait to try some of your recipes.
I make a black bean chili in mine..
Ingredients:
30 ounces canned black beans, Rinsed and drained
1 large Onion, chopped
1 Green bell pepper, diced
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoon Ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon Seasoned salt
3 cloves Garlic, minced
6 ounces tomato paste
28 ounces Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 lb smoked sausage sliced (optional)
1 cup smoked ham diced (optional)

Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I am sure it can. I freeze everything. I do have a vacuum sealer but I don't know why you can't freeze it for a bit with a regular freezer bag. I am telling you that you will love this super simple recipe and your house will smell amazing! The men I serve this to especially love it. Enjoy!

Well, I bought a boston butt, because I thought it was the butt of a cow- I didn't even read the label It was on sale and a great price, I thought. However, as everyone but me probably already knew- it is the butt of a pig. So I am roasting it in the oven.

I will be going back to the grocery store today and make sure that I get a beef roast this time! Hmmm...if men especially like it, I may open my windows while it's cooking!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:54 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,376,211 times
One of the easiest crock pot meals I make is enough for 2 dinners. Night 1 is fajatas, night 2 is bar-b-que pork sandwiches.

Day one- Put 2 picnic pork roasts in the cooker with 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 package of fajata seasoning. Turn on at 8 am and its done by 5:30 pm. At the start of the last hour, toss in 1 sliced onion and 2 sliced bell peppers. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, etc etc. Take the leftovers and mix with 1 bottle of bar-b-que sauce. Put the leftovers in the fridge.

Day 2 - Heat the pork in a pot on the stove and serve with buns, salad and beans. Easy easy easy meals.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
My neighbor tipped me off to the easiest one of all. The best part is everyone loves it!

Put 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and
1-2 packages of pork country-style ribs (boneless) into cooker.

Let it go all day. It's that simple. I either serve it straight w/rice on the side, or on wheat buns with cole claw or potato salad.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,061,575 times
I'm sure that pork in a crock pot is fine and dandy but to even begin to call that kind of meal "BBQ" is a crime and to think that fajitas can be made in a crock pot is also ridiculous. Crock pot recipes are fine but don't try to pretend you're making these fine dishes that way. Shame on you. Next I guess I'll be hearing of tamale pies being made in a frigging crock pot ! What's a tamale pie anyway, (should be outlawed !) Just remember that BBQ is sacred and the name should not be used in vain !!!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I'm sure that pork in a crock pot is fine and dandy but to even begin to call that kind of meal "BBQ" is a crime and to think that fajitas can be made in a crock pot is also ridiculous. Crock pot recipes are fine but don't try to pretend you're making these fine dishes that way. Shame on you. Next I guess I'll be hearing of tamale pies being made in a frigging crock pot !
What's a tamale pie anyway, (should be outlawed !)
Well they're not actually fajitas, I agree, but they certainly sound like very tasty pork tacos!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,061,575 times
Carnitas not fajitas !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes