Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:10 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times

Advertisements

Someone shared this with me once, and it is an awesome meal. I've made it for others, and they love it too! As a variation, I use low salt soy sauce and a can of water. You can also sub ground pepper for pepper corns. My sister uses low sodium beef broth and likes it even more!

1 beef chuck roast (about 3lbs)
2 cups of water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1t. dried rosemary
1t. dried thyme
1t. garlic powder
1 bay leaf
3-4 whole pepper corns

8 french rolls

place roast in crock pot. Add water, soy sauce & seasonings. cover and cook on high for at least 6 hours until beef is tender. remove beef from crock pot and shred with forks. keep warm. strain broth and skim off fat. use broth for dipping. fill rolls with beef and enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Thanks jco- I bought a new crock pot and will be trying it today.

any other good recipes-lol

sunny

Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
I do have an awesome BBQ pork recipe I'll have to dig out! Let me know what you think of this one!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
It came out great- I also saw a recipe for asian ribs- (like you can get at the chinese restaurant ) thanks- we enjoyed your recipe!!!

I also LOVE any crock pot recipes!-

sunny

Old 05-06-2007, 08:56 PM

85 posts, read 405,744 times
I use spaghetti sauce for moisture when I do chuck roast in a crockpot.
Add a few onions,carrots....Voile' ! The sauce has just the right amount of herbs and spices so there's no need to add your own. If you do add, taste it first before you do.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 PM

325 posts, read 1,076,935 times
Default Crock Pot Ideas?

Does anyone cook meals in a crock pot? I bought a crock pot awhile back because I love the concept but I only use it to make beef stew and chilli. Im sure there are lots of other things that can be made with it. I would think soups would be a great idea? Does anyone have any crock pot ideas or recipies?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Does anyone cook meals in a crock pot? I bought a crock pot awhile back because I love the concept but I only use it to make beef stew and chilli. Im sure there are lots of other things that can be made with it. I would think soups would be a great idea? Does anyone have any crock pot ideas or recipies?
I love slow cookers! There are a lot of great meals that you can make in your slow cooker. Many recipes are on allrecipes.com, so a search for "slow cooker". I seem to make the same meals over and over though; but here are a few of them: spaghetti sauce (brown your beef with onion ahead of time and then dump all ingredients in), roast (any type roast add a cream of mushroom soup (reduced sodium or healthy choice), cream of celery soup, cut up onion, potatos, carrots, and cover with a packet of dry lipton onion soup mix (sometimes I will add some red wine and/or beef broth), swiss chicken, chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, turkey breast, whole small chicken (rubbed down), shredded barbecue (chuck roast, seasonings, bottle of barbecue sauce, (cook all day, pour off fat, pull the beef and add another small bottle of barbecue sauce), and any kind of soup or stew imaginable is also doable; my favorites are taco/chicken tortilla and vegetable.

One other tip I would like to pass along is that I really enjoy using the Slow Cooker plastic liners that are out now. They save the day on clean up. Enjoy your new slow cooker and Happy Cooking!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
They do a great job on pulled pork too. I just stick a pork butt in mine and let it cook all day with some spices. Then I take it out and shred it and add the sauce.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I will admit I cheat I buy those crock pot meals in the frozen section open the bag add the water cook for 4 or 6 hours.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,064 times
Websites like cooks.com and recipezaar.com have lots of great crockpot recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes