Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
key words: police investigation, alleged, statue of limitations ran out
Yes. Well if nothing else, Josh is definitely politically ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 04:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe deep in his heart the kid is an atheist and that's what caused him to do what he did?
You've said a lot of idiotic things in the past but you've usually avoided being mean-spirited.

That one has heaping dollops of both.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Originally Posted by gabfest
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com 05/21/2015 1:37 p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
key words: police investigation, alleged, statue of limitations ran out

Another key word: GOSSIP. Why are so many people so quick to want to jump on the gossip bandwagon?

If any of it is true, it's sad for all involved. If it's not true, the fact that it's been put out there as if it were, means it's still sad for all involved.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Looks like it is not alleged. Josh Duggar admitted the molestation a short while ago and has resigned from the Family Research Council.

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation ... Resigns from Family Research Council | TMZ.com

Old 05-21-2015, 04:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Originally Posted by gabfest
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com 05/21/2015 1:37 p.m.

Another key word: GOSSIP. Why are so many people so quick to want to jump on the gossip bandwagon?

If any of it is true, it's sad for all involved. If it's not true, the fact that it's been put out there as if it were, means it's still sad for all involved.
In Touch has the 33 page police report on line. It is nauseating, and sad. Just awful. Those poor kids, all of them.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Those children remained exposed to their abuser.
They remained exposed to their abuser....and the parents, because of their religious beliefs, kept producing more potential victims. Those poor girls were forced to live with the sibling who molested them. The parents didn't protect their own daughters. Instead they gave the molester a starring role on their TV show which was full of lies. The parents KNEW they had something horrible going on and they hid it. Money always wins. Innocent kids always lose. Cult-ish fundamentalist beliefs meant Duggar got away with what he did. No punishment. Just sent away for a while to be with other fundamentalists. Then.... a camera following him around promoting him as a role model. And he and his parents cashed the checks.

Michelle Duggar has campaigned against the LGBT community. She's claimed kids were in danger from the LGBT community. The kids who were in danger were under her roof. And she knew it while she promoted hate and bigotry with lies about the LGBT community. Shame on her. Shame on her husband.

Fundamentalism is not healthy for children and other living things.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-21-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 05-21-2015, 04:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They remained exposed to their abuser....and the parents, because of their religious beliefs, kept producing more potential victims. Those poor girls were forced to live with the sibling who molested them. The parents didn't protect their own daughters. Instead they gave the molester a starring role on their TV show which was full of lies. The parents KNEW they had something horrible going on and they hid it. Money always wins. Innocent kids always lose.

Michelle has campaigned against the LGBT community. She's claimed kids were in danger from the LGBT community. The kids who were in danger were under her roof. Shame on her.

Fundamentalism is not healthy for children and other living things.
I understand the outrage (believe me, I do), but IF it's true that the behavior was nipped in the bud AND all the children involved, including Josh Duggar, received counseling, that's a hell of a lot more than happens in a lot of cases.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I understand the outrage (believe me, I do), but IF it's true that the behavior was nipped in the bud AND all the children involved, including Josh Duggar, received counseling, that's a hell of a lot more than happens in a lot of cases.
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...195532368.html

He didn't receive real therapy and he remained in the home with his victims for years afterward. That is deeply concerning.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:07 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Duggar Son Allegedly Admitted to Sexually Molesting Minor Girls, Including Sisters | TMZ.com

This is sad, but not surprising. Christian Fundamentalist and reality show star Josh Duggar, who works for the anti-gay hate group Family Research Counci,l molested his own sisters. What a disgusting, hypocritical dirt bag! And his family too... for covering it up.

Seems like all these big Fundy anti-gay "warriors" have some serious sexual and/or dysfunctional skeletons in their closets. These nuts claim it's the gays who are destroying families? HA! This pig was molesting his sisters!

I have no desires of pedophilia or incest, but then I've had a healthy acceptance of who I am and a healthy attitude about sex. Maybe this is what happens in the Duggar cult when you're raised with such extreme oppression. He probably thought it was better to feel up Sis than to masturbate!
Yep, the FRC will have to find a new anti-gay mascot to peddle their propaganda. Actually when you think about it, The Duggar family created the perfect environment for child molestation and incest. Too many kids and not enough adult supervision. The older children are rising the younger children. Family values my ass. The Duggar parents need to stop counting, and start watching their brood.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:11 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe deep in his heart the kid is an atheist and that's what caused him to do what he did?
We've often disagreed, but this is the first time you've managed to both sicken and disgust me. I will never respect you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality