Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 02:51 PM

19,998 posts, read 13,475,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes it is. Here's another example of vile, evil, hateful behavior. A man in AZ, driving along minding his own business, got caught up in a road blockade of a Trump rally. His landscaping truck, which had his company's phone number on the side, was shown on national TV. He had nothing to do with the protest or the blockade yet he got dozens of threatening calls from people. Many identified themselves as Trump supporters who said they were going to harm him and destroy his business.

So we can put landscape workers on the list of persecuted people.
Heck, just plain truck owners. Some guy traded in his truck at a dealership ... the dealership said they would remove his business lettering from the side, but didn't do that before selling it to a broker. In due course, after changing hands a couple of times on the wholesale market, the truck ended up in Syria used by ISIS fighters. Pictures of the truck showed up on social media with the business name still on the side, machine gun mounted in the back and firing away. The former owner gets threats every time the image surges on social media.

So we have established that gay rights proponents, Trump supporters and those who see Islam as an existential threat all have douchebags amongst them who sometimes threaten gay rights opposers, liberals and egalitarians (real or perceived). What we have not established, as usual, is that Christians are being persecuted just for believing in Jesus.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:57 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Those people would be called bisexual, not gay. Do you not know the difference? I figured with your profession you would....

If it is a choice, then people could indeed CHOOSE to be gay or straight. If it is a "defect", to use your term, then it is not a choice, right?

My best friend growing up came out to me our SR year in high school. One of the first questions I asked him was, "When/How did you know?" His answer was very simple, and goes to show that it is not a choice, unless you are calling him a liar... "I always knew. I never had any attraction to females. I tried, I dated, I even had sex with a girl at a party, but I knew I was gay from the time I was old enough to know what gay was".

He didn't tell anyone but me until he was in college. He was scared to death of what people in his small town would think, the small town we both grew up in. As soon as he graduated, he moved away and now is happily married to his partner of 10 years, thanks in no part to people like the bakers in this thread.
I mentioned "bisexuals"...even "asexuals".
In your haste to jump on the insult train...you missed, fell on the tracks, and got run over.
Try again...but read this time. HaHa.

That's a common bogus argument...."early desire" equating to "lack of choice".

Old 03-22-2016, 02:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Raping minor children is not in any way like consensual sex with an adult.
Consent argument is irrelevant. It is still a type of sexual orientation. Yes or no?

Quote:

1. Bi sexual people are attracted to people regardless of what is in their pants.
Then it's not a sexual orientation.

Quote:

2. Many lesbians have been with men because they were trying to fit in to what society expects. People can do the physical action of sexual intercourse without attraction.

Believe me, there is more than one way to work together than PIV sex.
Not buying it. If it is something so ingrained against your inner nature, you would not give it up to the opposite sex just because of peer pressure.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:03 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
There is a Christian Church down the road from me that has a banner in rainbow that says God still loves you, and you are welcome her, then lists service times.

Are they not real Christians?
Of course. God loves gay people and they should be welcome in church. But if they openly and actively engage in sin, they should not be allowed to join the church. The same thing applies for someone committing an adultery. If he brought his lover to church and they tried to join, you can bet the church would forbid that too.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:05 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You can have a religious opinion on SSM, but if you run a business that operates outside of a purely religious scope, you need to abide by secular regulations.
Agreed, but weddings, along with baptisms, confirmations and/or puberty rites (Bar/bat Mitzvah) and funerals are, by definition, spiritual occasions, and at that point, the spiritual values of all participants, including what Ill call "commercial facilitators" ought to be respected.

Please don't drag out the usual lame excuses about businesses having a "duty" to serve all comers; a bakery, Invitation printer, (or a funeral home, for that matter) is not a "public accommodation in the same sense of a restaurant or hotel.

The "reasoning" used by the LGBT militants is not that far removed from that used by Nazis who clamed they "had a duty to obey orders" -- save for the fact that it's a much cheaper shot.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-22-2016 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 03:05 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You still have to choose to live a homosexual lifestyle. You have to act out on those desires. That is a choice. We certainly have no problem condemning people who act out on their impulses to have sex with minors. Isn't that a sexual orientation too? We even take it further and imprison such people even if they never do act out. Did they just draw the unlucky straw in life and sucks to be them? After all, you can't change your orientation according to you. You're born that way.
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.... There you go comparing child molesters to gay people again... Tsk Tsk Tsk.

So you are saying that a gay person should just live their life as a lie? Why do you think you get to make that choice? Why should anyone other than the person make that choice? How is that any better than a Christian living in say, the middle east, having to hide their identity out of fear? What makes it okay for you to tell gay people that they should just stay in the closet and never be happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
But people change their orientation all the time which doesn't make sense to me if it is a trait ingrained in us:

1. Why are there bisexual people? Is that a "I can't make up my mind" kinda orientation?
2. Why do most lesbian women have a history of having a male partner? If you are born that way, you would be highly resistant to having sex with a male even in a peer pressure environment.

Furthermore, there is no reason why God would create multiple orientations. Why would He go to all this trouble to design ONLY male and female bodies to bond together and work together perfectly on a sexual level if He wanted other kind of relationships as well?
Bi-sexual people are attracted to both sexes. It isn't a "I can't make up my mind" kina orientation. They have made up their mind, and they are attracted to both sexes. It is no more a choice than you being straight, or someone being gay. They are attracted to who they are attracted to.

Lesbian women have a history of male partners because, more than likely, they were trying to fit in, or trying to be "normal". Probably because they were afraid of people like you, who think they are less than human. Probably because they were afraid of what bigots would do to them, or because they were afraid of being made fun of in school. The list is long. As jj said, you can perform sexual actions without actually being attracted to the person.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:08 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Your hip that you feel like a yippy Chihuahua constantly snarling at me as if it thinks I have somethings to fear from it ? Cool .

At 55+ yrs old, if I had any fetishes they would no doubt have manifested by now .But none yet, other than the not uncommon hope for a 3 way with my wife and another woman, which isn't going to ever actually happen , so I'm probably done in the outside the norm stuff.
There you go...mentioning dogs again. You sure are fixated on that. Very telling.
I'm familiar with your ilk. I've made lots of money off of them.
But I pass no negative judgements...it takes all kinds to make up the world.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
There you go...mentioning dogs again. You sure are fixated on that. Very telling.
I'm familiar with your ilk. I've made lots of money off of them.
But I pass no negative judgements...it takes all kinds to make up the world.

LOL .

If this is the best you can do I can write you off as toast .

And to think you once claimed I didn't want you working me over .

*chuckle *

Old 03-22-2016, 03:26 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
See that? The typical hyperbole..."raping minor children".
That's not what was meant I'm sure. And you know it wasn't.
Since you are both on different sides of the fence...you both put up Strawmen to slam each other.
He meant the16 year old guy or girl that has had lots of sexual experience (as has usually been typical throughout human history) fully consenting to have sex with someone of "adult" age that is attracted to "young stuff" (and always has been)...and the adult getting busted for it, based on nothing more than a arbitrary proscription by law.
He uses that example to conflate adherence to Secular and Religious Laws.
Consent is required to have sex. If there is no consent then it is legally rape. Minors can not give legal consent. Thus having sex with a minor is rape since they are no able to give legal consent.

If that is what he meant, then he should have said that instead of saying " We certainly have no problem condemning people who act out on their impulses to have sex with minors"

A 16 year old can not consent to have sex with an adult any more than a 10 year old can.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

So we have established that gay rights proponents, Trump supporters and those who see Islam as an existential threat all have douchebags amongst them who sometimes threaten gay rights opposers, liberals and egalitarians (real or perceived). What we have not established, as usual, is that Christians are being persecuted just for believing in Jesus.
Nailed it. As usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.