Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 10:25 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,795,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I could almost buy that except for one thing. I don't fear dying. It will happen to all of us. My only question in that regard -- to christians -- is why god makes some people suffer so in dying. It's unnecessary. It's cruel. But you'll make an excuse for that too...even when it's happening to you or people you love. It's disgusting.
Phet, if you were a Catholic before, as you said, then you'd already know the answer to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 10:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,583,604 times
Quote:
I have to admit that the missionary program to Kenya that my grandmother's church supported was quite open about the fact that it was about conversion.
Even here you can't get a plate of food w/o engaging in something. If you go to 'The Mission' for help with food or shelter, there is someone sharing the gospel with you.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:30 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Phet, if you were a Catholic before, as you said, then you'd already know the answer to this.
Were being the key word.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:34 PM

Belief in Jesus is a luxury some don't even have if he is truly the only way into heaven. Someone born in a remote village in Pakistan is going to believe in Muhammad.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:37 PM

A billionaires billions literally depends on the poverty of others. How can they be of the same God, receiving equal attention? Are those in countries that have drought and famine just not praying hard enough? What about the animals being tortured? Do they not pray hard enough?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think what Mink is trying to say, Jen is that God works in mysterious ways donchaknow, and His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are much higher than our ways donchaknow,
Yup...

Quote:
and He's doing all this ugly stuff to test our faith and there HAS to be evil in the world so that there can be good (whatever the hell that means )
Hold on...is HE doing all this ugly stuff? You SURE about that?

Quote:
and God has to allow evil so that we can have free will to choose Him and not evil (again, whatever the hell that means )
God allows evil in the world for a few reasons. Do I know all of them? Duh.....no.

But if there wasn't evil, how would we be able to know what GOOD is?

Quote:
and it isn't God fault evil exists, it's Adam's and Eve's fault for eating the apple and God knows that suffering builds character, and there's no evil that can overtake us that we cannot overcome, even if that evil ends up killing us like it did that homeless woman who prayed regularly to God to deliver her from evil.
As long as God created us with a free will then we DON'T have an excuse. But we DO have salvation...which is found in Jesus. Think of God as the ultimate just Judge, while Christ is our "lawyer".

Quote:
If God has nothing else, He certainly has a sense of humor.
He HAS to. After all...He made you and me...right?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Even here you can't get a plate of food w/o engaging in something. If you go to 'The Mission' for help with food or shelter, there is someone sharing the gospel with you.
And WHY is that an issue?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Were being the key word.
I know. But I just wonder WHY....?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Belief in Jesus is a luxury some don't even have if he is truly the only way into heaven. Someone born in a remote village in Pakistan is going to believe in Muhammad.
Not true. Some people born in Pakistan DO believe in Jesus...even if they have to HIDE their bible.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
And let's face the truth -- if Mink had been born in Islamabad, she'd be a Muslim. If she was born in Nakhon Ratchasima she'd be a Buddhist. And so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality