Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 08:36 PM

50,965 posts, read 24,459,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
To suggest he failed, you need to prove the intent. You've completely misrepresented the context of all of those.

Of course he did. Your statement that he was "unable to destroy him" is simply uninformed. Or perhaps intentionally wrong. I can't say. But God is able to destroy him and will destroy him. In time.

Again. You have to prove he planned otherwise, or that his intent was not that.

Again...the fact that he has CHOSEN not to doesn't mean he failed. He is not subject to you.
Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 09:47 PM

2,962 posts, read 867,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
So he intended for destruction to kill his followers? Why would he be sorry about creating man kind if he is all powerful? If you are all knowing you wouldn't create mankind then regret it later. He intended to create mankind with sinful nature?

If an all powerful and all loving God chooses to sit back and allow the devil to continue to exist and destroy his followers, isn’t God making the devil his agent?

Why 6 days? Why not instantaneous?

It means the God of the Bible does not exist. If the God of the Bible were so convincing of his existence we would have majority believers. What we have here is nothing more than blind faith. You would think if faith were worth anything he would reach out to us through reason.
Based on your posts, I do think you believe in the existence of the God of the Bible, but you’ve chosen to reject Him based on your assessment of His character.
(You couldn’t be as upset as you are at a being you don’t think exists.)

You are not an atheist. You are a deist who believes in more God/gods than I do!

Old 01-06-2021, 09:50 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,976 times
Quote:
The God of the Bible that is.

-Created an imperfect world with earthquakes, floods, diseases etc that his own followers die and suffer from
-Created mankind then he said he was sorry he created them.
-Created humans with sinful nature
-Created the devil but unable to destroy him
-Had to flood the earth and start all over
-Took six days to create everything when he could have just spoken everything into existence at once.
-Created innocent children with terminal illnesses
-Unable to show himself to humans. He remains "invisible", If Thomas required proof and got it why can't I get proof he exists?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are many other ways this ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING, ALL KNOWING God has failed in many ways.
The mistake here, right from the get-go...is to assess the Bible literally...and not as the metaphorical and allegorical work that it is.

But, IF you are to assess it literally...that is covered too:

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So...there ya go.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:02 PM

2,962 posts, read 867,148 times
Quote:
The God of the Bible that is.

-Created an imperfect world with earthquakes, floods, diseases etc that his own followers die and suffer from
-Created mankind then he said he was sorry he created them.
-Created humans with sinful nature
-Created the devil but unable to destroy him
-Had to flood the earth and start all over
-Took six days to create everything when he could have just spoken everything into existence at once.
-Created innocent children with terminal illnesses
-Unable to show himself to humans. He remains "invisible", If Thomas required proof and got it why can't I get proof he exists?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are many other ways this ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING, ALL KNOWING God has failed in many ways.
Your thread titles read like cries for help. It like watching a bad break-up and you’re leaving angry, drunk, late night messages on God’s answering machine. If you’re hoping He might take you back, you’re going about it all the wrong way.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:28 PM

11,071 posts, read 6,017,364 times
Quote:

It means the God of the Bible does not exist. If the God of the Bible were so convincing of his existence we would have majority believers. What we have here is nothing more than blind faith. You would think if faith were worth anything he would reach out to us through reason.
Actually no, we wouldn't have majority believers. One can only believe something exists when it actually doesn't or isn't knowable if it does ie there is no evidence or indication that it might exist. If it were known that God exists then ..... well, everyone would simply know it. Kinda like the sun and moon. No one believes the sun and moon exists - we know it. Something as significant and powerful as a God that created the whole universe would be pretty obvious - like the sun.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:49 PM

11,071 posts, read 6,017,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The mistake here, right from the get-go...is to assess the Bible literally...and not as the metaphorical and allegorical work that it is.

But, IF you are to assess it literally...that is covered too:

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So...there ya go.
So let me ask you then, would you if you were in a position to get the Israelites out of Egypt, concoct a plan with the deliberate intention for that plan to fail and nine times, leading up to a mass murder that you plan to commit, in order to persuade the Pharaoh to release the Israelites, and to make sure the Pharaoh doesn't relent before your plan had run it's course, you harden the Pharaoh's heart?

I'm guessing you would not which only proves your point, that; “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord."

Which proves Diesel's point.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:52 PM

50,965 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Your thread titles read like cries for help. It like watching a bad break-up and you’re leaving angry, drunk, late night messages on God’s answering machine. If you’re hoping He might take you back, you’re going about it all the wrong way.
Some christians are so talented at being insulting.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So let me ask you then, would you if you were in a position to get the Israelites out of Egypt, concoct a plan with the deliberate intention for that plan to fail and nine times, leading up to a mass murder that you plan to commit, in order to persuade the Pharaoh to release the Israelites, and to make sure the Pharaoh doesn't relent before your plan had run it's course, you harden the Pharaoh's heart?

I'm guessing you would not which only proves your point, that; “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord."

Which proves Diesel's point.
Well...based upon a literal assessment of the Bible...I would know that any critique that I could make as to what God thought or did would fall short because it is explained that I am working with my inferior thoughts & ways compared to Gods.
So...what God thinks and what God does will always be superior to what I/you/Diesel would think should be done.

If you are gonna read the Bible literally...you must always remember that whatever God thought or did...is better than what you would have thought or done.
Once y'all get hip to that...literal readings of the Bible will be much easier.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,080,697 times
Quote:
He did create everything instantaneously, and He set everything into its position over six days...Man was created on day one and placed on day six...

Old 01-07-2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
So he intended for destruction to kill his followers? Why would he be sorry about creating man kind if he is all powerful? If you are all knowing you wouldn't create mankind then regret it later. He intended to create mankind with sinful nature?

If an all powerful and all loving God chooses to sit back and allow the devil to continue to exist and destroy his followers, isn’t God making the devil his agent?

No, no, no...you are still messing up.
You keep saying "If this"...and..."if that", "You would think", and ask "Why would he...?"
If you are going to take it as literally true that all these things you question went down exactly as it is written...you also have to take it as literally true that WHATEVER God thought or did was superior than what you would have thought or done.
And the only reason you might not think so...is because your thought function is on a much lower level than Gods...and compared to him, you are a ignorant simpleton.
It LITERALLY explains that to you, in no uncertain terms.
It also tells you NOT to question God...so, stop doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality