Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 09:01 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He did create everything instantaneously, and He set everything into its position over six days...Man was created on day one and placed on day six...
Uhh then that's not instantaneous if it took him 6 days for everything to position itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No, no, no...you are still messing up.
You keep saying "If this"...and..."if that", "You would think", and ask "Why would he...?"
If you are going to take it as literally true that all these things you question went down exactly as it is written...you also have to take it as literally true that WHATEVER God thought or did was superior than what you would have thought or done.
And the only reason you might not think so...is because your thought function is on a much lower level than Gods...and compared to him, you are a ignorant simpleton.
It LITERALLY explains that to you, in no uncertain terms.
It also tells you NOT to question God...so, stop doing that.
I'm not messing up anything. You do not have to take the Bible literally to know that a God that loves his followers and allows them to die and suffer while praying to him in Church is either A) An Evil God B) A God that does not exist or C) A God that just does not care.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:11 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Uhh then that's not instantaneous if it took him 6 days for everything to position itself.

Richard is correct! God created the heavens and the earth in the dateless past. Gen. 1:1

When it came time to create man, He began the positioning of His creation to support man, and then created man for his kingdom, and the wildlife. This is the 6 day re-creation so to speak.

This is why the earth is proven to be much older than the beginning of man.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:15 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There is a biblical explanation for every one of your headlines. But if I show you it will not be good enough.

You as so many others will not listen you have shut your ears.

Let me prove my point.

God created everything in 6 days so He could institute the Sabbath. You know, the day of rest so often mentioned in the old and new testaments, the 7th day.

I can show you in scripture that the Sabbath leads to Christ, in fact, He is the Sabbath.

That was the purpose of the 6 day creation. If you notice, everything in the Old Testament points to Christ.

But it is a waste of my time and anyone else's to show you these things.

Pearls cast to the swine!
You call them explanations. I would call them excuses.

When I was a principal, each year I had to submit our annual school plan. Our goals for the year, our strategies, and what data we would present at the end of the year to decide if we had met our goals. Some of our results were successful, sometimes mixed, sometimes with some goals we failed. And when we failed, we had to say why we failed and then take a new look at that goal and try to rectify it.

The problem is, you're the one who has shut your ears. You don't appear to be able to even imagine that anything is the bible is not perfect.

As far as your "proof" about...you think that's proof of anything? For one thing, why did a week have to be 7 days? Coulda been 6, or 8. You don't offer any "proof". Why do you claim to. I would say dishonesty.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I can prove the existence of God by nature itself.

Nothing can come from nothing and be something.

Scientist cannot prove the first cause, they can only guess.

God is saying look around, I'm right here.
First, you cannot prove that God exists. Second, There is always something rather than nothing. And Third, Even if I accepted your proof that God existed this does not prove that it is your God of the Bible that exists.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Richard is correct! God created the heavens and the earth in the dateless past. Gen. 1:1

When it came time to create man, He began the positioning of His creation to support man, and then created man for his kingdom, and the wildlife. This is the 6 day re-creation so to speak.

This is why the earth is proven to be much older than the beginning of man.
He created light on the 3rd day. Why not create light at the beginning?

Genesis 1:3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light

Old 01-07-2021, 09:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
First, you cannot prove that God exists. Second, There is always something rather than nothing. And Third, Even if I accepted your proof that God existed this does not prove that it is your God of the Bible that exists.
Where did that something come from?

If you could answer that and prove it, you would be a very wealthy man.

But that can't be proven, so that leaves us at the crossroads that God left for man.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I can prove the existence of God by nature itself.

Nothing can come from nothing and be something.

Scientist cannot prove the first cause, they can only guess.

God is saying look around, I'm right here.
No Charlie, that's not proof.

I'm going to give you a piece of advice. Stop trying to "prove" things, and start trying to just justify the wisdom of the teachings. The former you can't do. The latter is possible.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Scientists cannot prove that something came from nothing and they never will be able to.

The Deity scenario is my pick, but we have our reasons for disagreeing.
So now you're drastically changing your tune from being able to prove it all to having a deity be your "pick" and saying "we have our reasons for disagreeing".

Old 01-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Um...where did your god-thing come from?

Nevermind, I'll tell you.

It came from the fevered imaginations of anonymous, primitive men trying to figure out life's Big Questions.

And they pretty much failed. Except, of course, to fundies, who share that primitive mindset.
How cruel of you. But then again, the truth often is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality