Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 03:42 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
The God of the Bible that is.

-Created an imperfect world with earthquakes, floods, diseases etc that his own followers die and suffer from
-Created mankind then he said he was sorry he created them.
-Created humans with sinful nature
-Created the devil but unable to destroy him
-Had to flood the earth and start all over
-Took six days to create everything when he could have just spoken everything into existence at once.
-Created innocent children with terminal illnesses
-Unable to show himself to humans. He remains "invisible", If Thomas required proof and got it why can't I get proof he exists?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are many other ways this ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING, ALL KNOWING God has failed in many ways.
There is a biblical explanation for every one of your headlines. But if I show you it will not be good enough.

You as so many others will not listen you have shut your ears.

Let me prove my point.

God created everything in 6 days so He could institute the Sabbath. You know, the day of rest so often mentioned in the old and new testaments, the 7th day.

I can show you in scripture that the Sabbath leads to Christ, in fact, He is the Sabbath.

That was the purpose of the 6 day creation. If you notice, everything in the Old Testament points to Christ.

But it is a waste of my time and anyone else's to show you these things.

Pearls cast to the swine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 04:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There is a biblical explanation for every one of your headlines. But if I show you it will not be good enough.

You as so many others will not listen you have shut your ears.

Let me prove my point.

God created everything in 6 days so He could institute the Sabbath. You know, the day of rest so often mentioned in the old and new testaments, the 7th day.

I can show you in scripture that the Sabbath leads to Christ, in fact, He is the Sabbath.

That was the purpose of the 6 day creation. If you notice, everything in the Old Testament points to Christ.

But it is a waste of my time and anyone else's to show you these things.

Pearls cast to the swine!
Metaphorically, yes you can. Literally, no you cannot. If you are talking literally, a better analogy would be tossing fresh razor blades into the two and three daycare room.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Metaphorically, yes you can. Literally, no you cannot. If you are talking literally, a better analogy would be tossing fresh razor blades into the two and three daycare room.
I can prove the existence of God by nature itself.

Nothing can come from nothing and be something.

Scientist cannot prove the first cause, they can only guess.

God is saying look around, I'm right here.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
I can prove the existence of God by nature itself.

Nothing can come from nothing and be something.

Scientist cannot prove the first cause, they can only guess.

God is saying look around, I'm right here.
Again, some of the barrels here don't really present atheism properly. They are way to hyper focused on social change.

Lets look at first cause:

Something started the unversed or nothing started it. They are our two options at this point. I am fine with something started the universe ... like branes, quantum foam, birth, and a deity. Any others can be put in the pile.

Notice how I looked at them all. I am not discounting any of them because I don't really know. But we can use what we do have today. We made cell phones with the process I use to determine reliability so it seems ok for now.

Notice ... ok, as in not perfect but it is what we have. Just doing that ...

Of just those four a bible god type deity is the least reliable.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Again, some of the barrels here don't really present atheism properly. They are way to hyper focused on social change.

Lets look at first cause:

Something started the unversed or nothing started it. They are our two options at this point. I am fine with something started the universe ... like branes, quantum foam, birth, and a deity. Any others can be put in the pile.

Notice how I looked at them all. I am not discounting any of them because I don't really know. But we can use what we do have today. We made cell phones with the process I use to determine reliability so it seems ok for now.

Notice ... ok, as in not perfect but it is what we have. Just doing that ...

Of just those four a bible god type deity is the least reliable.
Scientists cannot prove that something came from nothing and they never will be able to.

The Deity scenario is my pick, but we have our reasons for disagreeing.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,408,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Based on your posts, I do think you believe in the existence of the God of the Bible, but you’ve chosen to reject Him based on your assessment of His character.
(You couldn’t be as upset as you are at a being you don’t think exists.)

You are not an atheist. You are a deist who believes in more God/gods than I do!
Incorrect. I don't believe in the God of the bible because he's never intervened in this world. The supernatural does not exist and we still have the problem of suffering and evil. This is why the God described in the Bible does not exist.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Scientists cannot prove that something came from nothing and they never will be able to.

...snip....
Um...where did your god-thing come from?

Nevermind, I'll tell you.

It came from the fevered imaginations of anonymous, primitive men trying to figure out life's Big Questions.

And they pretty much failed. Except, of course, to fundies, who share that primitive mindset.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The mistake here, right from the get-go...is to assess the Bible literally...and not as the metaphorical and allegorical work that it is.

But, IF you are to assess it literally...that is covered too:

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So...there ya go.
Nice try. but you are way off. Isaiah 55:8-9 is regarding the subject of pardon. Read the verse before: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Your verse does not refer to the thoughts of God's unlimited powers of creation, love and knowledge.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Um...where did your god-thing come from?

Nevermind, I'll tell you.

It came from the fevered imaginations of anonymous, primitive men trying to figure out life's Big Questions.

And they pretty much failed. Except, of course, to fundies, who share that primitive mindset.
God lives outside of time. if He were to explain it to us we would not be able to understand.

When the mortal puts on the immortal at the resurrection, then our knowledge can be expanded, we can understand.

But the ignorance of man demands answers now, and there will be none.

Solomon tells us in Ecc. that for everything there is a season. There will be a season of knowledge for man, but in Gods time not ours.

God has called us by faith, that is His way. We can accept it or reject it.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Your thread titles read like cries for help. It like watching a bad break-up and you’re leaving angry, drunk, late night messages on God’s answering machine. If you’re hoping He might take you back, you’re going about it all the wrong way.
You are way off in your assessment. Time to recalibrate your senses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality