Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 AM

25 posts, read 79,447 times

Advertisements

The first concert I attended was Foghat at the Coliseum in 79. It was so exciting. I remember as soon as the lights went out, all you could see were smoke clouds. I remember when Judas Priest and AC/DC would have concerts like 3 or 4 times a yr. I also remember when concert t-shirts were less than $20. Now, they are outrageously priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
tcs

218 posts, read 876,838 times
Mine was Iron Butterfly just like Snappy Bobs. Was it 67? 40 years ago!!! Saw so many metal and rock bands at the old Hemisfair Arena. My favorite was STYX Paradise theater. My favorite show at Municipal Auditorium was Loggins and Messina.
Who thought that you could be passing concert tobacco with SAPD just six feet away from you. The smokeist concert was Black Sabbath.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,775 times
My first concert was either Color Me Badd at Seaworld or Information Society at La Semana Allegre. I can't remember which one happened first because I was so young but they were kinda close to each other. My future wife was also at the Color Me Badd concert. My next concert is Van Halen not Van Hagar on the 24th!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM

284 posts, read 1,087,118 times
Mine was the Foreigner "4" concert at Hemisfair Arena in early 1982. I wore my concert t-shirt to school the next school day, as was the practice, and no one could believe that I had attended a rock concert. I tarnished the goody-goody image everyone had of me!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Iron Butterfly at the Hemisfair Arena. Must have been around 1967. Another artist from that era that is from SA was Mike Nesmith of the Monkees. A friend of mine used to have his old console stereo. Her mother bought it from his mother. It had Dayglow paint on the speaker grills on the front.

Did you know that Liquid Paper, originally called Mistake Out (and now know as Whiteout) was invented by Bette Nesmith Graham in 1956. She sold her cover-up liquid to the Gillette Corporation in 1979 for $47.5 million. She was also the mother of Michael Nesmith, a member of The Monkees.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Though it might be fun to remember some of the first concerts you attended in SA
or elsewhere for that matter but beware you might be giving away your age!

I was knee high to a grasshopper when I saw Jimi Hendrix at the Municipal Auditorium.

Did anybody else go to that concert?

It was awesome and I was too young to even know what marijuana was...

come to think of it maybe that was one reason it was so good...

I did feel kinda light headed when my Mother picked my cousin and I up after the concert.
I do not live on River Road just incase you were wondering.
Why be stingy... everyone post the first concert/concerts you went to and where?

Just found this forum. First posting.

Yeah Cookie I was there.
Dropped acid, flew up from CCTex,
Jimi and the boys were arriving at the airport at the same time.

My first concert was at the Joe FreeMan Coliseum.
June 1964. The Rolling Stones,
opened the show for Bobby Vinton or Bobby Vee,
don't remember which.
They did four shows on two daze.

They had just released their first single in the USA
on the day before - Not Fade Away,
I Wanna Be Your Man was on the B side.

It was the Teen Fair, and my parents had some free tickets.

Last concert I attended was at the Municipal Auditorium
a year or so ago BoB Dylan.

I heard him and the Rolling Thunder Revue
at the same house in 1975.

Needless to say, all of these were great experiences
filed away in my memory banks forever.

mud

Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,013 times
The last time Stevie Ray Vaughn played at La Semana Alegre during Fiesta. There were other artists playing of course but he was the one I remember from that year.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,238 times
My first concert in San Antonio was the Beach Boys - late 70s - my parents took me and my sister (we were in elementary school).
First concert I attended with friends was in junior high - Tears for Fears or A-Ha - can't remember which was first. It seemed fun at the time!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,314,645 times
Kiss in 1974-5-6? Who remembers? It was awesome. I remember going to the Beach Boys in 1979-80? and that was fun too. Great thread. I was LMAO with Color me BAddd. Hilarious.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
When it comes to first concert attended in San Antonio, I must admit I'm still a virgin.

However, my first concert was at the Hollywood Bowl when I saw Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio