Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 07:36 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,306,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
These were your finest experience, yes????
Absolutely. Well except for GG Allen. He was just GROSS.

Oh and I forgot to mention Rollins Band (Henry Rollins) in Austin.

Punk rock "girl" til I die.....
My poor mother.. haven't grown out of a "phase" yet though she keeps hoping (the lesbian thing, the punk thing, etc)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,563,782 times
I hear ya!! ('cept the lesbian thing. I still like men. OK, I "hate" men, but there's a thing or two that they're good at. LOL!!!!) Funny tho, there was a time that I hated Henry!! Went to see the Ramones while I was pregnant with our first, and Black Flag was warming up for them. We used my husband's huge leather jacket to cover my belly!! Bwaaa haaaa haaa!! Now I think he's pretty darned cool. But many other bands that we went to see when I was pregnant with various twerps (ESPECIALLY Social Distortion!!), there was no coverin' of the belly!!! I was dancing with the best of 'em!!!

And you are SOOOOOOO right! Once a punk rock girl, always a punk rock girl!!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 PM

259 posts, read 910,689 times
My first show in San Antonio was Wilco at Sunset Station way back in October of 2006. I was looking for an apartment prior to a job transfer from California and I made sure my company-financed trip coincided with the concert so that I could hang out with my friend after the gig.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,831 times
My first concert in SA was Rollins Band, with Skunk Anansie at the White Rabbit. 1995. We played soccer out back with some of the crew (not HR) and the bassist kicked the soccer ball through the sat. dish on top of the bus! Later on they left without him and left him stranded for about 30 minutes, goofing around...

Old 06-07-2008, 11:01 PM

898 posts, read 2,898,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Absolutely. Well except for GG Allen. He was just GROSS.

Oh and I forgot to mention Rollins Band (Henry Rollins) in Austin.

Punk rock "girl" til I die.....
My poor mother.. haven't grown out of a "phase" yet though she keeps hoping (the lesbian thing, the punk thing, etc)...
ever see the Misfits? I saw them in 96 at the rabbit. great show!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,306,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
ever see the Misfits? I saw them in 96 at the rabbit. great show!
Not that I recall. I was into them moderately (and had a big fiend skull painted on the back of my leather jacket).. but now that my son (16) discovered them a few years ago I'm quite sick to death of the Misfits! lol!!! Thankfully he's broadening his tastes a little.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 AM

361 posts, read 925,850 times
My first concert was Anthrax and Helloween at the freeman Colliseum. It was awesome. I ended up in the front, which is harder than it looks since you're pushed up against a hard flat wall for a couple of hours.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:45 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,146,555 times
My first concert, was Beach Boys, at Municipal Auditorium 67, 68. Saw lot's of good concerts there. Saw Janice Joplin kick some guy in the mouth that was hassling her at the front of the stage. Anyone remember the "Mad Dog's and Englishmen" concert at the arena, with Joe Cocker & friends? Anyone remember Shiva's Headband, that guy with his electric fiddle? I saw Led Zepplin with Jethro Tull opening in 69 at the arena. I saw Frank Zappa, the night before I delivered my first child, at the auditorium. I hung out at Sunken Gardens, the summer of 69, and lived to tell about it. Edge Falls, heck yea, but never jumped. Stinky Falls in N.B., good times. Man, I had a blast back then, and am glad my angel was hanging with me LOL

Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,550,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Was able to research that Beautiful Day concert...they opened for John Mayall, Joseful, Quicksilver Messenger Service and the Grateful Dead.

Reaching back, also saw Joe Cocker (can ANYONE believe that guy is still alive??!!?) James Taylor (Sweet Baby James), and even attended the 99 cent James Brown Reviews!!! Saw Rod Stewart (back in the Maggie Mae days).

Since It was Rod's Birthday yesterday, the radio announcer shared a good "Rod" joke on the drive into work yesterday. Why did Rod Stewart go to the hospital? To witness the birth of his next wife!!! LOL
I think the name of the band was Josefus or something like that. I think they were a Houston band. I remember them being with Mott the Hoople and Procol Harum

Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM

12 posts, read 51,611 times
Default SA Concerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Though it might be fun to remember some of the first concerts you attended in SA or elsewhere for that matter but beware you might be giving away your age! I was knee high to a grasshopper when I saw Jimi Hendrix at the Municipal Auditorium. Did anybody else go to that concert? It was awesome and I was too young to even know what marijuana was... come to think of it maybe that was one reason it was so good... I did feel kinda light headed when my Mother picked my cousin and I up after the concert. I do not live on River Road just incase you were wondering. Why be stingy... everyone post the first concert/concerts you went to and where?
Procol Harem, Three Dog Night, Shawn Phillips, Sir Douglas Quintet - all at the Municipal Auditorium. Ticket prices back in '72 - $3,4 and 5. My kid spent $70 the other night for a rapper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio