Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,316,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post
All right now, lotsa verbiage to reply to.

Let's see........
first off, I don't wanna pickle
http://www.battersbyornamental.com/MotorcycleSong.mp3

Secondly, I didn't start the riot.
My friend Barton did.
and, it wasn't the Tower I worked on,
it was the Arena - one of my first jobs.
Of course, they have now bulldozed the Arena.

As for our path's crossing -
may be. I'm almost skeered to know.

The Elevators defined LSD with their album Easter EveryWhere.
And, started the PsyCheDelic Music scene on the West Coast
headlining shows that were opened for them by the likes of
The GrateFul Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and such.

Edgar Winter?? Didn't hear him at the Mind's Eye,
but, I did hear his little brother Johnny sharing the stage,
at the Vulcan Gas Company in Austin,
with THE granddaddy of them all, Muddy Waters.
This was pre shiny clothes Johnny.
As I remember it, he was wearing a white tShirt with holes in it.

The Rabbit Habit??
Yeah I believe it was on St Marys St just south of BrackenRidge Park.

Edge Falls is 10-15 miles north of the BergHeim Post Office
I am on a quest to get back there.

mud
It may have been Johnny Winter's at the Mind's Eye (albino guy). Yeap, Rabbit Habit was in that location (second riot in SA).Good luck finding Edge Falls. And LBNL "Who are you?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 11:52 AM

55 posts, read 232,798 times
Default Just a rumor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManOnBass View Post
My first concert was Grand Funk / Bloodrock and the Hemisfair Arena sometime around '72. I saw a lot of concerts in S.A. back in the 70s. I still enjoy going to concerts.... I just saw Jethro Tull a couple of months ago in Springfield, IL.
Back in the early 70's, I heard that down in San Antonio there was a Moody Blues concert at which the back-up band (ZZ Top) "blew" the headliners off the stage. Any truth at all to this?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskie View Post
Back in the early 70's, I heard that down in San Antonio there was a Moody Blues concert at which the back-up band (ZZ Top) "blew" the headliners off the stage. Any truth at all to this?
Yes, that is where the Blues played "Nights in White Satin" WITHOUT even a recording of the London Philly Orchestra for that portion of the song...everyone was like WTF???? ZZ was always good, and saw them several times between Austin and SA.

We use to go up to 6th Street in Austin to the Sat Morning Cereal and Bubble Gum showing of the old Marks Brother's films and for the day...anyone else do that????

Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,418 times
YES YES YES I remember that Shawn Phillips concert..meet the cutiest boy there!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 AM

47 posts, read 243,487 times
Van Halen in 1982 on their Diver Down tour.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM

226 posts, read 865,921 times
A few years ago, Godsmack was headlining but Deftones opened up. It was amazing, and it was at the Verizon when it had just opened up. Later I enjoyed Metallica at the SBC center Yeah! http://homecinemacentral.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/headbang.gif (broken link)

Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 PM

898 posts, read 2,896,958 times
My first show was KISS in 1988. Ted Nugent was opening up for them. since then I have seen so many great shows, saw The Rolling Stones on the Voodoo Lounge tour at the dome.
Rush on the Roll The Bones tour, the last concert at the convention center arena, which was Van Halen.
my uncle was the lucky one, he saw KISS on November 6th 1975 at The Municipal Auditorium with Mott The Hoople opening up, and then saw KISS again when they played 2 nights at the Freeman Coliseum November 22nd and 23rd in 1977

Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 AM

38 posts, read 176,705 times
Three Dog Night at the Municipal Auditorium in 1969. I met the band outside in the back after the show was over. I miss the days when you could light up right next to a cop at a concert.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:55 AM

45 posts, read 176,205 times
I was at SAC 1963-65 and being a dirt-poor college student I didn't have money for concert tickets. But I did get to see the Dave Clark Five at SAC (the poor man's Beatles). One of my favorite concerts was free -- Mike Nesmith was at SAC during the same time and I used to skip class to sit in the hallway of the Fine Arts building while he played and sang. He almost got me tossed out of English class for non-attendance.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:11 AM

898 posts, read 2,896,958 times
Some people on this thread have had some awesome experiences meeting bands, does anyone have pictures of any bands you might have met?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio