Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times

Advertisements

I am happy to see that our section of town is the most active, and glad to know we have such GREAT folk living in this side of our little world...I have so enjoyed meeting all of you that I have from our little neck fo the woods.

Last edited by da jammer; 03-22-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: issue is addressed a few posts down :) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 04:12 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Sips is opening very, very soon - I'll talk with them tonight and tell them to open an account on CD already!
I think this is the reason the original thread was closed. Store owners should join CD as a private person and not use the forum to advertise their store, even if unintentionally.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,636,342 times
Howdy folks....allow me to provide some insight as to what in the heck is going on 'round here

Generally speaking we do have a cut off point where a thread becomes so long of tooth that it becomes impossible for anyone, other than those that have been participating in the latter stages, to make much use of it any more. That is the nature of internet forums as many of you vets well know. In addition, yes we had some problems that unfortunately flew under the radar far longer than they should in that thread and I have seen a few of you allude to those issues. This does happen on rare occasions but with over 275,000 registered members and 11,000 + posts a day pouring into this site these things can and do happen.

As many of you know new2sa has recently become part of the moderating crew and since this moderator is quite familiar with the great state of Texas has stepped up to assist you folks in this forum. (Contrary to the opinion of some, that really is what we spend the most time doing ) That said few folks realize how much time and effort it takes when a moderator hops on board a new forum. There is a learning curve that takes, at the minimum, a few days to get the feel of the folks and the layout of the land so to speak. New2sa is currently taking care of some background business and will be right in the thick of things very soon....promise

We ask you folks to not bring up issues concerning moderator actions in the forums and in return we do not discuss any problems we have with any particular members in public but suffice it to say this says it about as succinctly as it possibly can be said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I think this is the reason the original thread was closed. Store owners should join CD as a private person and not use the forum to advertise their store, even if unintentionally.
and I hope that makes it quite clear as to our expectations when posting within the forums. Those that think we are not well aware of what is going on with ya behind the scenes allow me be rather blunt for just a moment....trust me we do. Those of you that are here having a great time and spreading the word about your city and neighborhood happenings and such we all appreciate it and please, continue to do so.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 AM

226 posts, read 865,890 times
Cool, thanks for letting us know. Now, back to the Potranco/1604 thread.

The grooves in the pavement alongside Potranco is the beginning of what hopefully will be a soon-to-be-completed resurfacing project along that street. Yes, this means the ugliest parking lot entrance of the South of the nation (HEB, are you hearing this?) will no longer be that high. Anyone here remember the same type of entrance to the Chili's/Sea Island/Barnes & Noble parking lot on Bandera & 1604 alongside the Bandera street? It used to be the same way. Granted, it took them years to finally resurface the street but its now easier to get into that parking lot. It will be the same way here. I'm just glad its being done now instead of years into the future.

I think HEB must have realized the same thing was happening with their entrance because not too long ago they had to re-do it, as most of the first part of the cement was broken due to the weight of the vehicles coming in. After all, don't they have to show the city what the plans will be? I'm sure the city must have told them "No, don't lower the entrance that much. Resurfacing plans are on the way that will increase the height on Potranco by about 2 inches." However, the city must have taken a while and since HEB had to replace the entrance once, they must have pushed the city into doing some action fast-er.

So expect headaches and hopefully the WHOLE street will not be grooved as the intersections have been. Otherwise it will be weeks of pain and more traffic as lanes become closed for repairs.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,198,272 times
For those of you that use the Potranco corridor all the way down to Culebra please notice that there are frequent lane closures starting 3-24 all the way out to 1604. Traffic was moving too well....
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/transport025.gif (broken link)

Old 03-24-2008, 02:09 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
Thanks DF, I meant to tell my wife that, but forgot. I'm sure she figured it out while driving to work this afternoon though

Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 PM

213 posts, read 568,373 times
Thanks DF for that reminder, have to do that route tomorrow so will make sure I give self some extra time....

Now for those who are ready to go do lunch again.... raise your hands and lets pick a place.... but not outdoors cause my allergies are literally killing me!!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 PM

60 posts, read 246,195 times
The RBFCU is now open.

I'm a shift worker and I do sometimes go to that HEB on my way home at 11pm. However other than better parking and less customers, it is usually not a pleasant experience shopping there at that time. They have half of the aisles blocked with stuff to restock with and they have dozens of employees restocking some of who have attitudes when I try get by them. Plus if I go there past 5pm they are always out of the type of bread I like.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
I know I asked this before, but I can't remember where I asked it.. what's the name of the veterinary place on Potranco right around Military? I remember it has a very unique name, but I can't remember it and any google search of veterinarian and Potranco only returns hits for the Potranco vet place..

Old 03-25-2008, 11:58 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,198,272 times
St. Francis-Assisi Vet Clinic, 8615 Potranco Rd.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio