Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times

Advertisements

We got stuck in Potranco traffic yesterday morning due to the lane closures. It was 0800. We don't usually leave the neighborhood in the morning - we work at home and the kids' schools are here - so I had forgotten all about the lanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 12:04 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I went down Potranco four times today and the changes over the past few months are crazy. I hardly recognize it anymore.. I did recognize the crappy traffic and unlimited supply of morons driving under the speed limit in the left lane though... It'll probably be another three months or so before I go down it again, unless I have to take another animal to that vet.
Speaking of that, I was impressed with their service and the inside looked really nice too. We have to take her back to have this growth on her leg checked out. He didn't want to open it up today because of the limited hours. Hopefully it's nothing too bad, or too expensive.. I think I'm up to well over $500 in the past couple months and that'll probably at least double next time she goes back.. and then there's the other dog that still isn't getting any better.. eesh

Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I went down Potranco four times today and the changes over the past few months are crazy. I hardly recognize it anymore.. I did recognize the crappy traffic and unlimited supply of morons driving under the speed limit in the left lane though... It'll probably be another three months or so before I go down it again, unless I have to take another animal to that vet.
That's excellent! LMAO over here....

Quote:
Speaking of that, I was impressed with their service and the inside looked really nice too. We have to take her back to have this growth on her leg checked out. He didn't want to open it up today because of the limited hours. Hopefully it's nothing too bad, or too expensive.. I think I'm up to well over $500 in the past couple months and that'll probably at least double next time she goes back.. and then there's the other dog that still isn't getting any better.. eesh
Well I hope all goes well - we had a greyhound that went in for a checkup and came out incontinent for some reason - the owners we adopted her from said that the vet had possibly hurt her somehow with a catheter! WTH?!? We couldn't keep her, so another lady we know that adopts greyhounds took her for us. She was my darlin too... Big girl, 70 lbs!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:38 PM

well, hopefully nothing goes wrong with the visit, but that is always a possibility for anyone (human or other) when they go in for anything..

Old 03-30-2008, 05:47 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Just a memory jogger --alternate lane closures on Potranco Road from Culebra to 1604...Happy Motoring.....

Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM

yep, I'll be thinking of everyone when I'm home from work just as the nasty part of the morning rush is kicking in
It's great driving west on 151 heading towards Sea World in the morning. Nothing but a long line of white lights and probably tired eyes heading in for another day of fun in the fluorescent light forest..

Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
yep, I'll be thinking of everyone when I'm home from work just as the nasty part of the morning rush is kicking in
It's great driving west on 151 heading towards Sea World in the morning. Nothing but a long line of white lights and probably tired eyes heading in for another day of fun in the fluorescent light forest..
I am sooo glad I don't have to do that anymore!

I remember working 12 hour mids when I was military - the drive home was very peaceful...

Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I am sooo glad I don't have to do that anymore!

I remember working 12 hour mids when I was military - the drive home was very peaceful...
Try working rotating through all 3 shifts twice a month! This is the worst kind as your body never has enough time to get used to the shift before it changes again.

At least Potranco traffic is not as bad as Loop 1604 between Schaenfield and Braun Road (it's even bad on the weekends!).

Old 03-30-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Try working rotating through all 3 shifts twice a month! This is the worst kind as your body never has enough time to get used to the shift before it changes again.

At least Potranco traffic is not as bad as Loop 1604 between Schaenfield and Braun Road (it's even bad on the weekends!).
I'm glad I didn't have to do that! I remember driving down 1604 to the Culebra area on my way home at 0700, and laughing at all the cars going the other way, s l o w l y....

But then I got a job on Brooks, and had to join that race, across 4 highways every day. 1604, 151, 90, 37....

Culebra is still jammed up, but it would be 100x worse without the improvements they've made so far. Hopefully the Potranco area will catch up soon...

Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM

226 posts, read 865,696 times
I wonder what happened to all that construction that was planned next to Wal-Mart? Big plans that went puff!

Or maybe they're waiting for the ARM to finish this summer over at Culebra and 1604.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio