Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times

Advertisements

I had a coupon for the Borden brand Organic milk and it actually made my tummy hurt which has never happened w the Organic HEB and Walmarts brands. Maybe my stomach isnt used to the "good stuff!" LOL:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:48 PM

317 posts, read 1,750,932 times
We buy many HEB brand/generics. We stay away from some of them though. Their canned vegetables often have stems/weird pieces in them. I do not like their wheat bread- its spongy and gritty- yuck. We also do not like their yogurt, cottage cheese, or sour cream. It all seems to go bad very quickly. We do buy the milk, many frozen food items, ice cream, and frozen vegetables. I love their brand laundry detergent, which cleans well and smells really nice. We buy the generic Tylenol, Motrin, etc. meds and have never had a problem with them. Someone mentioned the Therma care wraps earlier- I have not found anyone that makes a good generic for those, so I won't bother with HEB's brand either.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM

616 posts, read 2,083,199 times
I like the HEB brand Light Smoothies - they taste just as good as the Dannon smoothies, and are generally on sale 2 4-packs for $5, whereas the Dannon ones cost nearly $4 for a 4-pack.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM

I like the HEB brand yogurt. I dont see the difference in that and the Yoplait or Dannon brands.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,934 times
I love the HEB dutch apple yogurt. Yum. Of course now I'm on that whole activia thing......

Old 01-24-2009, 06:40 PM

I think HEB has there own version of Activia dont they?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 PM

153 posts, read 521,013 times
I like many HEB brands.

My favorites are their laundry soap, ice cream, and their frozen breads (ciabatta rolls). Their jalapeno BBQ sauce used to be a favorite but I don't think they sell it any more.

I also buy many HEB branded frozen vegetables and really have no complaints. I personally find them superior to the vegetables that I buy from Sams or Costco.

I really don't like 99% of Hill Country Fare branded items though. The only thing that I will buy HCF branded is the value pack pre-seasoned beef for fajitas.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,473 times
Personally, I love the heb cheesecake!

Old 11-17-2019, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I have had two REALLY bad experiences now with HEB store brands (either HEB or Hill Country Fare)... anyone else?

First it was some frozen onion rings. I realize that I should not have high expectations for frozen onion rings regardless of the brand, but these were indedible. The kids wouldn't even eat them!

Today it was some HEB frozen breakfast tacos. I've had the Owen brand before, bacon and sausage, and they were ok. The store by me only carries the HEB brand so I figured what the hey.

Oh my goodnes. Blech, puke, blah! These are NASTY! They taste like sour milk! I bought 2 boxes, they are both going BACK!

I am not a picky eater and if something is "edible" I'll deal. These were just gross, as were the onion rings.

I have bought HEB brands forever, it's just recently that I've had these issues. I'm wondering if it's just me?

My family has been buying HEB organic whole milk for at least a decade, and these last two weeks, I've had to pour out the gallons I purchased. It has a weird discussing rancid cream aftertaste now. We will be switching to horizon from now on.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:12 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtl3sh3ll View Post
My family has been buying HEB organic whole milk for at least a decade, and these last two weeks, I've had to pour out the gallons I purchased. It has a weird discussing rancid cream aftertaste now. We will be switching to horizon from now on.
Sometimes HEB adds vitamins to their milk which are not commonly added to milk. I wonder if that's what's changed in your milk. I was buying the cheap heb gallons to make yogurt and had to stop because they started adding vitamin E and it sets off my soy allergy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio