Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
Whatever lets you sleep at night.

I don't live there anymore. And many people don't realize just how much Seattle sucks until they live there. Living somewhere and visiting are two completely different things.

I'm just trying to save others from making the same mistake that I made.
Except that a lot of people like Seattle. I came here from another area and like it here as did several others here. A good friend of mine grew up here then lived in three other completely different states. She came back and is thrilled.

So, Seattle isn't for you. But not everyone is you.

Why be so evangelical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
This thread seems like a thread for people who can't handle the truth and who want to shut off anything and everything that contradicts their perfect little delusional bubble.
Others don't have to like what you like or vice versa.

For example, the water (especially the ocean) kinda wigs me out. I dislike beaches. I assure you, I'm in the minority yet my feelings are very real to me. I wouldn't dream of telling someone who did like the water that they were delusional.

Same with spectator sports. Very few appeal to me, but, again, I'm in the minority there. I know a lot of people love ball games. It's enjoyable to them. Not to me. We're all different.

Stick to your haters thread.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:59 PM

678 posts, read 875,271 times
Quote:
I'm trying to prevent others from making the same mistake that I made. Yes, I am one person but there are many other people who hate Seattle just as much if not more than I do.

Ummm, Okay.....

I'm trying to be informative and save other people the headache of moving to such a filthy, boring, homeless ridden, and expensive city. I wish someone would have been there to inform me just how full of **** Seattle is before I moved there.
And there's many other people who like it, too? Just the same with.. Oh I don't know, every city in the world.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:25 AM

735 posts, read 870,822 times
Just. No., so a thread about good things is someone attacking your first amendment rights? Also, because you didn't do your proper research it's someone else's fault that you moved to a city you didn't like? Some day you might want to stop playing the victim card for every life mistake, till then does C-D have an ignore button?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:40 PM

171 posts, read 218,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Except that a lot of people like Seattle. I came here from another area and like it here as did several others here. A good friend of mine grew up here then lived in three other completely different states. She came back and is thrilled.

So, Seattle isn't for you. But not everyone is you.

Why be so evangelical?
Again, I'm trying to allow for people to make an informed decision, which means discussing the good and the bad. Not just the good as this thread is delusionally trying to do.

Quote:
Others don't have to like what you like or vice versa.

For example, the water (especially the ocean) kinda wigs me out. I dislike beaches. I assure you, I'm in the minority yet my feelings are very real to me. I wouldn't dream of telling someone who did like the water that they were delusional.

Same with spectator sports. Very few appeal to me, but, again, I'm in the minority there. I know a lot of people love ball games. It's enjoyable to them. Not to me. We're all different.

Stick to your haters thread.
What you stated about the ocean and ball games are based on subjective opinions. The reason(s) that I hate Seattle are based on objective facts. Bad air quality (compared to other cities), high COL (compared to other cities), rude people (compared to other cities), less adult entertainment (compared to other cities), a lot of homelessness (compared to other cities), tent cities lining the freeways (compared to other cities), and filth (compared to other cities).

These are the reasons I hate Seattle. I'm pretty sure there are other people who feel the same way and who would like to make an informed decision based on reality, not someone's unrealistic delusion.

Creating a thread that only highlights the positive of Seattle is unrealistic and screams insecurity. It would also probably be unrealistic to created a thread that only highlighted the bad in Seattle. As I've already stated, Seattle has above average tasting Pho and Thai food. I also enjoyed the weather and green trees.

Most threads in the Seattle sub-forum have a mix of the positives and negatives, which is fair. Some people obviously can't handle hearing the truth and having their "perfect little bubble" burst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
And there's many other people who like it, too? Just the same with.. Oh I don't know, every city in the world.
People should be allowed to make an informed decision. Creating a thread that only highlights the positive doesn't allow for them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
Just. No., so a thread about good things is someone attacking your first amendment rights?
Yes. When you create a thread that attempts to only allow for the participation of people who feel the same way that you do, that's an attempt to stump free speech, as not everyone will feel the same way as you do.

There isn't a single thread on CD that's titled, "Okay, this thread is only for people who hate Seattle and anyone who has anything positive to say about Seattle at all isn't allowed!"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
Also, because you didn't do your proper research it's someone else's fault that you moved to a city you didn't like? Some day you might want to stop playing the victim card for every life mistake, till then does C-D have an ignore button?
I visited Seattle before moving there. Based on my visit I thought it would be a good place to live. After living there and having to deal with the people, the traffic, the filth, and the unwarranted high COL I realized what a ****hole Seattle is.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:43 PM

Hey, could be worse...like El Paso... Ewwwwwww...

Old 02-28-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Hey, could be worse...like El Paso... Ewwwwwww...
El Paso is reasonably priced....

Old 02-28-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
It has a lot of the traits you attribute to Seattle.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
It has a lot of the traits you attribute to Seattle.
Yes, only Seattle is literally twice as expensive.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
So you have spent several days ranting on any Seattle thread you can find because you have a hate for Seattle. Reminds me of another poster. You no longer live here, yet you waste endless amounts of time polluting Seattle threads. Seattle is an extremely fast-growing city and there are more people looking for houses than there are houses to buy. Can you deny that? Can you deny that many many people absolutely love the Seattle metro area, have lived here for decades and are still thrilled every day by the beauty and love they have for this place? Do their opinions count? Or are yours the only opinions that matter?

The reality is, people make choices. Is the lesser cost of living in El Paso worth living in a place that one finds completely unattractive and depressing? My spouse lived there briefly as a child and detests it to this day. Detests.

Adult entertainment has a limited market. When we were driving cross-country, we laughed at all the adult entertainment billboards in conservative Kansas. Would we want to live in Kansas? Absolutely not. I've been to just about every state in the country and Seattle is the most beautiful by far IMO. We love the people of Seattle and their quirky charms. We love everything from the ferries to the gum wall and that includes the weather.

You are entitled to your opinion but what I've found with certain posters is they have blamed Seattle for personal unhappiness. Sometimes a change of geography helps one's life but often the reality is wherever you go, there you are.

Feel free to rant, but as you've said numerous times, you don't live here anymore and wherever you live, it is apparently not great enough to distract you from the resentment you feel toward others being happy here. You definitely remind me of another poster that people started to ignore after a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area