Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 PM

603 posts, read 1,998,361 times

Advertisements

The Water Wars are forseen in the next couple hundred years, which could lead to serious world instability and possible annihilation of millions of people due to famine, wars, etc. It is predicted that the world will run out of clean fresh water to sustain the extra billions of people that will be on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 09:25 AM

431 posts, read 394,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I agree that true believers will not suffer the Wrath of God (Rom. 5:9; 1 Thess. 1:10, 5:9), but when is that wrath? I think it's the Bowls of Wrath just before the Great Tribulation. So when I say "Mid-Trib. Rapture", I'm just saying I think Christians will be around for the first 3.5 years and come to see what's happening and recognize the time at some point. I don't believe we'll suffer the wrath of God, but I think we'll certainly suffer the wrath of the Beast/Anti-Christ because if we're here during the first half (and nowhere that I'm aware of does the Bible say we are exempt from the Tribulation period altogether), then we have to make the decision to stand for our beliefs or accept the mark to buy and sell. If we don't accept.... !
People who go to Prosperity Gospel churches that give the "feel-good" sermons with no meat, but which flatter their egos and pride... won't they get a shock when they have to choose between buying and selling and not buying and selling under the mark... My guess is most of them will gladly bare their foreheads for a 666 or their right hands. A Mercedes Benz life with designer clothes is promised to them by the big convention preachers. The worldly material addiction will be more powerful to many of them than the ramifications of accepting the mark. They are also spiritually unprepared for hardship or armed with the necessary knowledge to recognize the times. If you ever get a chance to watch Joel Osteen's interview on Larry King where he is asked specific doctrinal questions for example, you'll get the shock of your life. Mr. Osteen doesn't believe Jesus is the "only" way. He doesn't have concrete convictions at all, yet tens of thousands flock to his "sermons" to hear his "uplifting" messages which don't hold them accountable to God's truth and their sinfulness. Listen to what he says about "sin"... This is the New Christianity without responsibility or conviction. Hopefully the work of the 144,000 Jews who go out throughout the world to preach God's truth and word will reach many of these people. It will be the greatest time of conversion in world history and tens of millions will believe and be saved.
Scripture makes a distinction between tribulation and wrath and believers will suffer tribulation. They will not suffer God's wrath I agree. When put to the test, what better way to separate the chaff from the wheat.
In the end...we still end up with God! So...we win anyway, we just may have a bumpy road along the way I think

I have seen Joel Osteen on TV "preaching" and I saw him interviewed by Barbara Walters and he was NOT impressive at all. I think people flock to him because he does NOT preach fire and brimstone. People are afraid to hear it because the shoe usually fits Instead, he and others like him are millionaires 10 times over because they "preach" about the good life of materialism. Also, when he was asked about supporting missionairies and local charities, he wouldn't / couldn't answer. I dislike his style and feel he does more harm than good in the end. But there will always be those who are easily led.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:29 AM

172 posts, read 309,651 times
Default How is the world going to end?

Like it began....with a bang!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM

83 posts, read 326,430 times
Default The World Is already At It's End!

All the hate among people, hunger and diseases. The world is already ending.
"Live your life to it's fullest today, because tomorrow may be your last"

The final days are here.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,615,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
All the hate among people, hunger and diseases. The world is already ending.
"Live your life to it's fullest today, because tomorrow may be your last"

The final days are here.

I'm just waitin for the mothership to come back and pick me up. This is the LAST TIME I travel to a different solar system. I can't BELIEVE the transportation services here.

-TT

Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,400,823 times
I personally like the theory that the universe will eventually stop expanding and then crush itself.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,313 times
Question Weak is a nation we live in

General U.S./ As a mother and an american I am deeply disappointed in our government. First of all after pearl harbour the united states should have banned other countries from comming here, I am sorry its only true I am a loving person but what the hell were we thinking it is going to happen again. Right now North Korea's army is bigger than ours, in the end days it will be North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran and their followers. What really irritates me most is that these other religions come over here and enter our childrens schools and mind you we are a country which stands by In God we Trust and One Nation under God okay so now our children are asked not to speak of God in school and for teachers not to speak of God in school because it is offensive to other religions. Huh what the hell is that about? where there does one nation under God fit in or in God we trust? Do we trust God and how much of a nation under God do you think we actually are? We cannot even stand up for our God, we are weak to them around the world just for this reason alone and a few others. Here is the big question though...
If we are suspose to be a christian nation which we proclaim to be, as christians we are suspose to bring people to know Jesus Christ and we are never to limit God from anything especially our children. So if we allow them to limit our God from reaching our children at school or allowing our christian children to reach out to other children who may need to hear of Christ's good word than how powerful of a nation are we really????

Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,192,274 times
I have to say even how depressing it sounds I'm with MoMark. Jesus never said it was going to be easy to follow him. In the end we will see just how much faith we have in Jesus to save us!! I believe the mark of the beast will be very hard for some not to take if not for the money you will be scared. By not taking the mark I'm sure we will die or life will not be worth living. I say keep your eyes on Israel!!

I guess we can keep eating those trans fat foods and die of an early age!!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:00 PM

694 posts, read 2,654,666 times
Snowball from hell

I suspect somewhere one this planet the uber powerful
have the 8th wonder of the world in the form of a bio-bunker
to repopulate.

I will take Hawking school of thought: we are in a race with the cosmos.
Evolve ahead of the comet.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:36 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,918,045 times
World without end, amen and amen, but those who reject the Creator of the world will end, and the system of sinful world will be gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness