Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times

Advertisements

What are your theories? Global warming, nuclear war, meteor ?

Personally I believe God will just come down one day and say "I gave you millions of chances and you screwed them all up, your fired "

But that's just my thought....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 09:49 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

Personally I believe God will just come down one day and say "I gave you millions of chances and you screwed them all up, your fired "

That's certaintly an interesting thought Our Lord Jesus will come one day soon and then... "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." (2 Peter 3:10)

So look up!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:45 PM

181 posts, read 707,710 times
I believe a natural disaster of some sort will destablize the world economy just enough to provoke all out war among certain nations with nuclear capability. Final answer.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
No idea... won't last forever, though. Maybe if the human race becomes peaceful and advanced enough we can go find a life-sustaining planet in another solar system to live on before the sun explodes, but I doubt it.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:12 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I think everything is looking a little dire at this point -- Global warming, nuclear war -- it's kind of like "Pick Your Poison." Maybe Bird Flu will wipe us all out.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:17 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Id choose global warming. Itll get so bad that life will be wiped out because earth is too hot. There will be hurricanes year round with 200+ mph winds as the oceans will be super hot. No fish will be alive either. We may starve.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 AM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
When do you think that'll happen NAH? Personally, that's more then a little ridiculous projection of global warming. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but come on, year round hurricanes? HOT oceans? If you want a HOT ocean that's gonna be MANY years. I think you haven't been reading the projections right. They've projected about 50 years before any of it truly STARTS, so I'm not sure why you're thinking super hot oceans and daily hurricanes are coming soon. Unless you meant in 500 years or something.

Anyways, I think we just won't wake up one day. The world will just be gone some day. God will say "Oh well, it's time," and that'll be it. Quick and peaceful.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:44 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
The sun will eventually supernova - that is a scientific fact. I forgot when - a couple million years or so?
Now with global warming, earthquakes, metior hits - the world will still be here, mankind maybe not. But in any event scientists predicts this world will be destroyed when our sun blots out.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 AM

431 posts, read 393,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

I think we're closer to the 2nd coming than most of us probably want to think. The signs are all around us if we believe what the Bible predicts. I'm no scholar, so I won't quote chapter or verse or claim to know what every word means, but I do think we're nearing the end of times. I think it will be by fire (nuclear??) just like the Bible says. I only hope that I've been taken in the Rapture before that time and living in the company of God and the angels and my family gone before me.

(I do think there will be a lot of scientists, atheists, etc. who will be speechless when it happens )

Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM

35 posts, read 159,249 times
Default WOW...You may be Right!

(I do think there will be a lot of scientists, atheists, etc. who will be speechless when it happens )[/quote]

Good thing my second profession is a speech therapist

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness