Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Wow, what a beautiful state! Thanks for all the pix!

Jammie, I didn't know I had been to your town. We stopped and looked at the Corn Palace about 6:00 a.m. one morning. Those pix of the waterfalls in Watertown are interesting. When was that built I wonder.

OMG Peggy, you should've stopped in for hot chocolate. I think the waterfalls you're referring to might be the pics from Sioux Falls that were taken in Falls Park. Which page are they on and who posted them? If you let me know I can be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM

41 posts, read 262,073 times
Jammie,
Yes, that's beautiful Spearfish Canyon. This was only our second trip to the Hills and the first Autumn trip there for us, but I can tell you this-it won't be our last Autumn trip to the Hills! That area is absolutely "God's Country".

You are more than welcome to link to the Weather forum. I'm sorry the pictures are so huge. I wish I knew how to make them smaller. I saw that someone had put the thumbnail pics on the thread, then we just clicked on that and the picture was enlarged, but not huge. I have more I'd like to post, but I'm afraid those with dial-up will kick me off here!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM

Bunny, no~that's fine. Go ahead and post them. Most of our pics are large like that. Administrator just recently did something so the pics that are too huge to be here will be resized automatically so they're fine to post. So too large of a pic won't happen.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:45 PM

Jammie,
Thanks for the info. Here's a few more pics....

Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM

Bunny, those are SO nice. Isn't it amazing how clear that water is in that stream?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:52 PM

26,405 posts, read 46,566,000 times
A+ pictures.
I did not expect the vegetation to be so northwoods like. I especially like the paper birch, pine, and spruce trees.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:17 AM

Jammie,
Yes, the water is clear, the air is clean.....dang, I LOVE the Hills!
I keep forgetting to tell you that my nephew and his family live in Mitchell. Nice place!

Plains10,
It is very northwoods-like in the Black Hills. The quality of the pictures isn't quite as good when they are so big, and it was foggy/misty one day, too. The second picture (with picnic tables) was taken within a half mile of where one camping scene (towards the end of the movie) of "Dances with Wolves" was filmed.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM

News, Weather and Sports for Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa

Just wanted to share something that Kelo had on this morning.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OMG Peggy, you should've stopped in for hot chocolate. I think the waterfalls you're referring to might be the pics from Sioux Falls that were taken in Falls Park. Which page are they on and who posted them? If you let me know I can be sure.
Well, Jammie, it was about 25 years ago. I have been away too long.

I was really confused about those pictures. They were on page 2 and only the last picture was Watertown, which looked more like I remember. I was thinking, what? they had that and never took us to see? Sioux Falls looks like a great place. I am putting that on my must see list in SD.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Well, Jammie, it was about 25 years ago. I have been away too long.

I was really confused about those pictures. They were on page 2 and only the last picture was Watertown, which looked more like I remember. I was thinking, what? they had that and never took us to see? Sioux Falls looks like a great place. I am putting that on my must see list in SD.
Sx Falls is a really nice town. When you are planning your trip, let us know and we'll give you nice places to see.

We really like the Falls Park area and it's especially nice since they did the "Phillips to the Falls" thing. You can take a shuttle or you can walk it. I highly recommend walking it if the weather is nice. They have SO much artwork along the way and the walk is just nice. If you like shopping (I'm thinking of Jessaka from OK now). you'll love the shops in that area. You know I'm not a shopper, but the shops are still cute.

Terrace Park is also a nice place to relax. Let me know when you'll be there and we'll be over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota