Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,900 times

Advertisements

Hi...pejuta, thanks for the info. Sent you an email & dm, hope you got it. Veryl excited about visiting the Black Hills, and will try to get all the way east to Sioux Falls area, if I can. I actually talked my firend into taking the trip with me! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 916 times
Used to reside in southern /central SoDak then one very dry summer in 1966 "as the winter was arriving there in late November " we left with a job in "The Great Northwest" I had never been to Washington State but 42 years later still here .Two years after moving we returned for a visit to So Dak could not wait to return home cannot put in words how much I missed Western Washington for the trees,views,Mts., Sound,Lakes, every direction we look can see Mountains and east side of Cascade Pass in Eastern Washington State is a different world for climate , lay of the land ,farming,and people are more layed back there infact it takes a few hours to adjust from a faster pace to slower layed back at first you can't figure out the waiting till tomarrow.
We lived near Case Lake on Missouri in So Dak but if had to return there I would be a very unhappy camper if had to live in So Dak my pick would certainly be "I would head for the Hills Black Hills that is!!!"
Have lived in Casper Wyo where the wind blows continually and your skin always feels dry but not the worst place do have some interesting areas and friendly people
Platt So Dak the worst area ever lived even had salt in drinking water /water so hard and salt in your Coffee omg.
My husband had lived many places with his job but south south west Colorado was his absolute favorite place the town was Durango.
Good luck

Last edited by Honeybees; 12-13-2008 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: missed a letter

Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,477,343 times
Honeybees, welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear feedback from people who grew up here and left. I've heard it's beautiful in the Pacific Northwest and it sounds like you love it there.

And I totally agree~The Hills is IMHO the most beautiful area of our state.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:02 PM

71 posts, read 199,244 times
Since you will be traveling east on I-90, take a few minutes and check out the Chamberlain-Oacoma area. I think you would really love it here. Small town but has a lot of things of interest here. You can check it out at www.chamberlainsd.org.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota