Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,556,708 times

Advertisements

Cooked me up some wild rice along with some walleye fillets tonight. Yummy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
cardboard pizza, for supper, tonight, here!....need to make a grocery run....it's been 12 days, since I've been to a grocery store. shouldda bought 4 gallons of milk, instead of 3.........

Maybe if you would go to grocery store prior to Cabela's first always you would not be running out of time.

Last edited by Sandhills Guru; 01-16-2009 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: missed spelled word

Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,533,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhills Guru View Post
Maybe if you would go to grocery store prior to Cabela's first always you would not be running out of time.

hahahahaHA!!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHomesteader View Post
You talking bout them Totino's Used to be a dollar cardboard pizza's (they are now a buck 25 at wally world LOL). I miss those sometimes. Had them alot growing up because they were cheap and easy to fix lol.

Having Chicken Cutlets, Onion Rings and Tater tots tonite.

I've been going through Bread massively this past month. 9 loaves so far since the 18th of December. We get the El Cheapo Sandwich White at Wally world. Not sure whats been going on with me, Toast with Butter, Toast with Peanut butter, PB and J sandwiches. Just been craving the hell out of toast mostly.
yep....That's the pizza! bake them on a preheated clay stone........

Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,570,479 times
Pizza Hut. Haven't decided what yet.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Cooked me up some wild rice along with some walleye fillets tonight. Yummy
Did you go Ice fishing??

Old 01-17-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Did you go Ice fishing??

I didn't, a friend gave the filets to me. I believe he caught them late fall in one of the Glacier Lakes in NE South Dakota if I am not mistaken.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I didn't, a friend gave the filets to me. I believe he caught them late fall in one of the Glacier Lakes in NE South Dakota if I am not mistaken.
Now, that is a great friend! Webster/Waubay area lakes do produce some nice walleyes, @ times. I talked to some guys who'd been up there ice fishing....they got skunked..........(no fish)

Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,405,307 times
Here are two ol' standbys for me:
Skip the canned veggies and go for frozen if you can't find fresh. Too much sodium in canned and that can give you headaches, not to mention heart attacks... Since it's so dang cold, try this:
1) some kind of squash (I like spaghetti squash); cut in half and nuke in microwave for 9-11 minutes upside down in some water. While that's cooking, heat up or add boiling water to some minestrone soup. When the squash is done, add some pepper and butter, and put the minestrone soup in the middle of the squash.

2) Make a chicken salad: first, add a little (1/3 c each) olive oil and apple cider vinegar to a big bowl. Cut up cucumbers and tomatoes in cubes and toss in. Add some dried minced onions, spice up with a tsp each of oregano and sweet basil. Add some raw sunflower seeds if you got em. Mix that all up and add the lettuce. I like the baby greens. Iceberg lettuce is just not all that good, which is why people think they don't like salads! Then, Add strips of chicken to the top. You can either buy canned low sodium chicken, or buy the pre-cooked in the store. Since I live alone, I buy the occasional precooked, eat it once for dinner, then tear it apart and freeze it in ziplok bags. When I make my salad, I can just grab a handful of the frozen, nuke it for 30 seconds, and toss it on the salad.

I also like to buy dried soups from Rightfoods.com They have a minestrone soup and a split pea soup that are really good. If you buy a case, it costs about $1.49 a piece. That's way cheaper than the stores, and it keeps for a rainy day. You just add boiling water and wait 8 minutes, heat up some sourdough bread and you have dinner. Or put it in the middle of a squash, or serve it over mashed potatoes and have your side dish of meat or chicken. All good. Yum. I think I'll go make some now! ;-D

Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,405,307 times
Quote:
YEAH Cabelas! We just got one near me! LOVE It!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota