Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:35 AM

409 posts, read 2,784,215 times

Advertisements

thought something was wrong with me, urine is very yellow after taking a B-complex pill. The pills are not good to take? Am I wasting my time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 12:07 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,482,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
thought something was wrong with me, urine is very yellow after taking a B-complex pill. The pills are not good to take? Am I wasting my time?
Yellow urine is normal after taking vitamin pills. Nothing wrong with pills,though liquid is better absorbed.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:43 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,177,263 times
I would be worried more if your urine had not changed color after taking vitamins

Old 05-17-2008, 01:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,528,814 times
I take 1000mcgB-12 under Drs orders..A heart condition leaves me very tired and b-12 is supposed to help that, but I see no difference..I also take it, because Dr said it was beneficial for good memory..(must work for that, because I don't forget anything) I have used several brands, but mostly buy Natures Valley..

Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I take 1000mcgB-12 under Drs orders..A heart condition leaves me very tired and b-12 is supposed to help that, but I see no difference.
There are many other supplements good for heart,including magnesium(a must),fish oils,and hawthorne herb which strengthens the heart.

As far as the Bs,it's best to balance the B-12 with the other Bs otherwise there could be an imbalance. I used to take B-1 when I would have heart palpitations.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:38 PM

355 posts, read 2,403,905 times
Wow, thanks for all the responses.

Yeah, I know One a Day isn't the best, but it's affordable. I can't imagine going to GNC or something & spending $20 a bottle on your daily multi-vitamin----is it really worth it? That is the question.

Yeah, I exercise a lot but that doesn't always give me energy. I was just hoping to find something that would boost that a bit.

So is there any brand out there that's not too cheap & not too expensive that I could try? I've been to the health food/speciality stores & their prices are a little outrageous.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
It may be a little more complex than that,B vitamins are just one component to a healthy metabolism. Do you exercise enough? That can help boost your metabolism. Some other supplements that help with metabolism are fat burners(safe ones) and seaweed or kelp.

Also the brand does matter,most store brands like WalMart and such are generally not that great quality. It's better to get them from a health food store,they usually have the better brands.

Lastly,One-a-Day believe it or not is not that great either. It's manufactured by the same company that makes Kodak film and contains petrochemicals, they don't absorb well. Sewage companies had found them in people's septic systems because they go right through you without breaking down.
Again,better brands can be found at health food specialty stores.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:46 PM

123 posts, read 347,069 times
I take a 1000mg sublingual type of B12. Its closest to the injectable that I have found. " I-Herb" is an online site that has very reasonable prices and usually cheaper than at neighbourhood stores. From what I see today we women should also be taking plenty of Vit D which may help prevent breast cancer.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:04 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,508,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
From what I see today we women should also be taking plenty of Vit D which may help prevent breast cancer. [/i]
I just read an article on the research they've done so far. The only Vit D which has made a difference in the women studied has come from the sun--the pill form has not made a difference....yet another example of how nature does all this best!!

(15 min. w/o sunscreen a day for light skinned caucasian and up to 3-4 hours a day w/o sunscreen for dark skinned black--I've read many black Americans have vit. D deficiency b/c first of all they don't have the opportunity to be in the sun that much and second of all the dermotological industry has convinced them they should be wearing sunscreen all the time so there's no way they can get their vit D)

ps--I know Trader Joes carries the sublingual b-12....TJ is usually fairly inexpensive.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving-to-AZ View Post

Yeah, I know One a Day isn't the best, but it's affordable. I can't imagine going to GNC or something & spending $20 a bottle on your daily multi-vitamin----is it really worth it? That is the question.

So is there any brand out there that's not too cheap & not too expensive that I could try? I've been to the health food/speciality stores & their prices are a little outrageous.
Vitamin Shoppe has good prices if you have one of their stores near you,if not they have a website also. Their multis are not very expensive,I think the average is around $10 and they carry alot of the good brands.

But really even $20 a bottle is worth it for cheap health insurance. Despite what doctors like to fill people's heads with that they're of no use(just so they can sell their drugs),honestly they're the foundation of your makeup.
After all,what are we made of? Certainly not drugs.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:41 PM

123 posts, read 347,069 times
Actually I had breast cancer 2 years ago and been in Fl now for 8 years so go figure .Prior to that I was pretty much in a low sun areas. Am not sure about the whole VitD thing. I hear D3 is the one. If it would have helped forego the chemo and the hormone blocker pills I have to take for 5 years ( and all their side effects) I would be willing to try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements