Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,803,075 times

Advertisements

Who is managing New River Community now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Leland our of Orlando. So good to get rid of Premier Community Consultants run badly by Pam Washburn!

She had people foreclosed on that tried to work it out, multiple people wth lawsuits and many of them were prior to her leave put on hold and settled since the board figured out it was going to cost them and the entire community more money.

A friend of mine is still dealing with a lien wrongly filed by Pam and ordered not to proceed after she was given her pink slip and she still filed another thing.

My friend showed me the proof and it was really ridiculous how Pa could get away with this behavior and what some people went through.

She is still managing Hamilton Park and some other communities and if you check BBB than all complaints seem to be similar....payments and no return call or reply on an email...just being invisible to communicate.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,369,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In our community hardly anybody went to meetings aside from the people serving on some committees until one year too many people had issues and everyone was shocked how many people turned up for the annual meeting and it was complaint after complaint from home owners.

If you are in a community with little or no complaints than hardly anybody will show up.

Of course there are always people complaining who don't have a valid complaint but just are upset about things they have caused themselves or by their late payment.
In the two years I have served on our board there have been exactly two residents show up for meetings.

RM

Old 10-17-2013, 10:46 AM

819 posts, read 1,408,185 times
My community has been trying to get a rule removed from the bylaws for about five years, that about 90% of the community agrees with removing, but we have not had a quorum ever; in our case that would be 75%. I moved in two years after the development was created; highest turnout we've had has been about 45%. Community of about 50 homes. We've flyer'd, emailed, door to door in the days leading up, etc.; nothing works.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:18 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,282,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
My community has been trying to get a rule removed from the bylaws for about five years, that about 90% of the community agrees with removing, but we have not had a quorum ever; in our case that would be 75%. I moved in two years after the development was created; highest turnout we've had has been about 45%. Community of about 50 homes. We've flyer'd, emailed, door to door in the days leading up, etc.; nothing works.
You need to wait until you have a special assessment. The last time I was on a board that approved one (due to 20% of the owners being deadbeats on their fees), the monthly turnout went from 2-3 residents to over 100. THAT gets their attention.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
New River Township resident. Looking forward to new home owner's association. I feel that Premier Community Consultants operated by Pam Washburn truly neglected our community. In a time period when we needed a firm HOA to help us preserve property values we got little or zero help. Cannot and will not recommend them for anybody else's community. A better name for this HOA would be Premier Lip Service.
A "big welcome" to Leland Management!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 AM

There are other communities that have changed management companies and are very well run right now. I believe that will happen with the communities that fired Pam Washburn as well.

Hamilton Park is still managed by Pam Washburn but perhaps sooner than later they will realize the legal issues she is creating as well as dictatorship she is running that couldn't even keep her family working for her.

Unfortunately it seems that in Florida home owners need a HOA to upkeep their properties otherwise the common areas will not be taken care off and without a management company it will be hard to take on all these tasks.

With just a HOA that consist of home owners you also have to see if the home owners are capable of running everything especially if you have no person with a financial and/or business background on the Board and being influenced by some bad lawyer who will advise to go after people. The management that was done by Pam Washburn was so bad because it seemed she was attached to the hip of some lawyer who made a lot of money which makes me wonder why nobody started to look into that relationship.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:05 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,277 times
My HOA doesn't do much of anything. I tried pitching the change but our board sucks even more. Try getting change out of a tyrant who makes us pay for his kick backs...yeah...no go.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
My HOA doesn't do much of anything. I tried pitching the change but our board sucks even more. Try getting change out of a tyrant who makes us pay for his kick backs...yeah...no go.
Vote them out at the next meeting...

Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,277 times
Haha. I tried. I even tried running for the board, no avail. The residents of my community are idiots. They don't even look at the budget.
I don't understand how you can budget for $7200/mon. in landscaping on a property that only houses 144 town homes. I managed an apartment complex that was on a 25 acre lot and the largest bid (and this was doing Disney style vegetation) was $5200/mon.
The worst part, this guy is rude and people are intimidated by him. He's gotten up in many a person's face to tell them off, even acting as though he was going to hit this woman who spoke up.
Oh, and his little patch of dirt-yea, lush and flourishing with $500 palm trees. This guy can't fool me, I manage properties for a living.
They put in stupid "improvements or amenities" and nothing that anyone uses. Everyone complains and no one does anything about it.
I wish I could sell the home but no one wants to pay the $285/mon HOA fee, so homes still sit vacant.
I know I can't say the name-but my community is on S 301 near Boyette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Vote them out at the next meeting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay