Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

I drove by the St. Pete office of rampart and even though all their letters are stating their new name to avoid being associated with the bad name! the old name is still up on the building.

That seemed kind of weird to me. But on the other hand it shows character of how the run their business...everything is done half! Maybe they run out of money...they are running out of employees, sadly...some have been fired while others run as hard as they could from there.

The saddest thing is that this company once was a very reputable company prior to Associa taking over rampart and running into the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,237 times
Default Pamela Washburn should have her CAM license revoked

She is a total snake, and I would greatly appreciate anyone who has had any more personal experiences with her. She is a complete bully, cannot balance a budget - we don't know where our money is going and in fact I think she is a complete theif. She has everyone hoodwinked but a few of us are hot on her trail and it's public record that someone has tried to file suit against this insane woman. NEVER HIRE PREMIER OR PAM WASHBURN!!!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy89 View Post
She is a total snake, and I would greatly appreciate anyone who has had any more personal experiences with her. She is a complete bully, cannot balance a budget - we don't know where our money is going and in fact I think she is a complete theif. She has everyone hoodwinked but a few of us are hot on her trail and it's public record that someone has tried to file suit against this insane woman. NEVER HIRE PREMIER OR PAM WASHBURN!!!
Wow another victim?

She is known for fee charging and once someone wants to get back after one late fee she will apply on purpose part of the money to the late fee and part to the late payment so the payments will keep being late and she will add more fees and hands it over to her befriended lawyer.

She also put people up in rental homes and provided cameras to neighbors to spy on a person who was of her interest to get them out.

We have multiple people testifying to others that they were granted things if they would agree to that.

Our HOA has settles with a home owner after Pam was fired!

Unfortunately the next HOA still has to step up to the plate but they claim their job was made harder due to Pam not handing over all files and making a mess of everything just to make things harder? she is a person who is out for revenge!

Just check BBB and file claims if you have a valid one since she clearly is running a very bad property management company with her husband.

Someone like her shouldn't be in the business and sooner than later she will not be since too many people are stepping up to the plate with their experience.

Someone else in my community is now hiring a lawyer too due to Pam's dealings and the board has promised to look into it but they never did so the process went on and on...

Many HOA look at who is the easiest to foreclose on...

Old 03-25-2014, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
Bentle bee I also live in new river and wish to know more information about pam

Old 05-05-2014, 01:44 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Can someone tell me the new HOA management company info for New River Township community. Since Pam was taken down their web page was not updated and it's hard to find any info now...

Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM

Leland out of Orlando but I believe they are also more local. Not sure though.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
thank you!

I noticed the new company is not doing a great job. I had to be in that community few times within last few weeks and I saw the same garbage cans full on garbage sitting on the driveway for days!!! (I guess people don't pay and their garbage is not getting collected). A lot of properties with tall grass...

Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 974 times
How did you folks go about firing your property management companies??

Old 06-04-2014, 04:36 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
We just gave them notice. Our contract allowed for a 60 day notification, if I recall correctly.

On a related note, we're considering legal action against our former property management company due to their inability to provide any of our past records to our new property management company. I think our attorney just gave them final notice to produce the records before we file a suit against them in court.

RM

Old 06-04-2014, 05:32 PM

I have the feeling the level of professionalism is going down hill pretty fast compared to years back.

HOA's and especially boards are getting used left and right and seem to loose all cases and in the end the home owners are losing their money.

I still prefer to live in a HOA community but after learning more and more and how they can pick and choose who they can go after it has changed some what my view on some of them.

Especially when HOA's are run by people who never run anything and just want the feeling of having power or developers/builders who have other interest than just the home owners best interest and just to keep selling and making sure the rest is not able to do anything.

Mismanagement is happening a lot.

Seven Oaks seems to be in good shape and having a responsible board of home owners and the HOA has a smaller amount of power than some smaller communities are dealing with.

When you look to buy than look first at what the additional fees are like CDD's and what you get back for that.

Some communities just charge CDD and don't give much back other than one pool and play yard while a community like Seven Oaks gives you 3 pool, incl. one with a slide and 5 or 6 tennis courts, fitness, etc.

Avalon Park for example has an even higher CDD and nothing else than one pool, a location far out from shops, etc. and harder for resale which can be important down the road. On top of that houses are build with one car driveway for a high CDD if $1900!!!

Seven Oaks has hardly any bad reviews regarding their HOA while some communities have been struggling like Bridgewater, New River with a very bad HOA run by Pam Washburn who run a dictator ship but was removed and replaced for a better HOA but the same board is in place with interest and has a secondary interest.

Pebble Creek just lost a huge lawsuit and the home owners may be on the hook to pay for the home owners legal fees that are now at $220,000 and still running higher.

That is called bad HOA management and it is dad that in the end others will have to pay but it is great that the home owner won and got justice against a HOA that used a board member to change the sod, etc.

Many HOA's go overboard with their power reach and fail to do baht they should do which is implement rules and regulations across the board and not whatever they find an easy target.

Many people may not know but HOA's go after the people they can cash in from the fastest which make them choose their battles which may seem fair that is causing discrimination to choose whoever they feel they can target easily and that to me is wrong.

When home owners get sick and tired of that system they may end up going back to less managed communities or areas but with more code enforcement from the County which is much cheaper than having these HOA do their job whenever they feel like doing it.

As a broker we hear often how HOA's cash in on estoppel letters, delaying closings by not getting back on what is needed for a closing and very hard to reach and often very unpleasant almost rude behavior since they feel entitled to be in power.

Sellers and buyers will be left at their grace.
There are plenty of well run HOA's that you very rarely hear about but some keep getting in the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay