Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 09:42 AM

82 posts, read 78,073 times

Advertisements

Haha if I was searching for a unicorn I’d be looking for a house next to Kenny Chesney’s lake house. I do appreciate everyone’s response though. Def seems like watts bar area, Chattanooga area, Knoxville area, and the tri cities are the most commented so far. All those areas I’ve been applying to jobs so I’m guessing it will probably just depend on where I get hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 08:23 PM

26 posts, read 26,474 times
We are currently moving from Norris Lake . While it is beautiful it also was a big party on the lake all Summer long . The influx of people that have moved here and also rent for summer to get away was out of control this summer . This was a bummer . I love Norris lake and we are only moving because we bought a Rv/campground in Blountville . I suggest doing a Vrbo on any of the beautiful lakes here before you choose lake life.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:00 PM

Hi everyone,
So COVID put a severe dampener on me and my fiance moving down. We got pushed back 2 years plus now due to the virus but school is finally finished and I have been sending out applications weekly. I have been applying for positions in Knxoville and Chattanooga. I feel like last time I asked for suggestions we mainly focused on the Knoxville area. I want to get a little advice on good lakes near Chattanooga if any just in case I happen to land a job there. Doesn't seem like there is much but figured id ask anyway. I have unfortunately had to open up my mind ideas wise in means of locations due to the lack of law enforcement and emergency management positions down there, once again COVID playing a big part in that. Thanks again.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:53 PM

12,869 posts, read 9,089,277 times
Here's another to consider. Tim's Ford. Downside is that lake is booming now driving up property prices.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:54 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,318,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshaw130 View Post
How about Watts Bar, Norris Lake, Douglas Lake, Cherokee Lake, Fort Loudoun Lake, Tellico Lake?
Your budget is really going to limit you, even for lake view homes.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:13 PM

Tim’s Ford Lake unfortunately is not near any major cities where both me and my fiancé would be most likely working. We won’t be looking for lake front anymore especially in this housing crisis. Lake view and within driving distance is about all we’re going to look for at this point. We’d info on the Chattanooga area though to see if it’s even worth me continuing to apply for jobs there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee