Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:38 PM

23 posts, read 29,295 times

Advertisements

Are we talking about the 50 homicide by year in To ?

Quote:
Even at a conservative number, probably at least 26 of 42 murders involve blacks. That's AT LEAST 60% of murders involving blacks if not more. That means 400,000 blacks are involved in at least 60% of murders in this city
Lol what ?
I'm mechanical engineering student and I swear I don't get it...

60% of 42 = 400 000

Ok wait... I'm reading my advanced maths for engineer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 10:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,045,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
Those statistics don't say anything about the race of the people committing the crimes so how do you know it's 60%? Are we just supposed to take your word for it? It's probably higher than average among blacks but how do we know if it's 20% or 40% or 60%?

Anyways, the problem which you don't seem to get is that you're not just blaming the blacks that are committing crimes but those that aren't. What's a random black person supposed to do about a crime committed by another black person they've never met before?
The only reason why those stats don't have a breakdown by ethnic group is because blacks and their supporters are 100% against it. I don't think any other ethnic group would have a problem with it because they know they are severely underrepresented in those stats and hence there's no reason for them to object to having police release stats based on ethnic breakdown.

And I don't know about you, but I watch the news pretty much daily and pretty much almost every shooting involves blacks so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that almost all murders involving guns involves blacks. The same goes for stabbing deaths which again the victims and/or the perpetrators are usually black as well. So those two categories alone gives blacks more than 50% of the murders this year in the GTA. And don't forget that there's over 100 shooting incidents that didn't lead to death that overwhelmingly involve blacks as well.

And like I said before, even if alot of blacks aren't directly committing crime and violence, many of them are still harboring and protecting those that did commit crime and violence. How else do you explain the ability of criminals to hide for so long in black communities? You can't do that unless there's someone helping you and other people who know you've committed a crime but choose to stay quiet rather than go to police and report you. That's why black criminals can stay free for so long when the black community does so little to help police to get these people off the street.

And lastly yes it really does suck that a good black person might be unfairly treated for the crimes and actions of another black person, but that's the hole they've dug for themselves all these years and they have to now lay in it. Until blacks show a dramatic drop in crime and violence in their communities, then non-blacks are quite warranted to be wary of blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post

Lol what ?

60% of 42 = 400 000
If you're actually an engineering student, then you CLEARLY need to stay in school longer since you don't seem to understand simple statistics.

At least 26 murders involving blacks / 400,000 blacks x 100,000 = a murder rate of at least 6.5 per 100,000

16 non-black murders / 5.1 million non-blacks x 100,000 = a murder rate of about 0.3 per 100,000

That means that the black murder rate in Toronto/GTA is at least 21 TIMES HIGHER than the non-black murder rate here and you don't think there isn't something wrong with that?? >_>

Old 11-16-2015, 10:46 PM

922 posts, read 809,818 times
Rob Ford, he should lose some weight.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:41 AM

281 posts, read 328,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post

Lol what ?

60% of 42 = 400 000
Discovery math

Old 11-17-2015, 04:53 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,167,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The only reason why those stats don't have a breakdown by ethnic group is because blacks and their supporters are 100% against it. I don't think any other ethnic group would have a problem with it because they know they are severely underrepresented in those stats and hence there's no reason for them to object to having police release stats based on ethnic breakdown.

And I don't know about you, but I watch the news pretty much daily and pretty much almost every shooting involves blacks so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that almost all murders involving guns involves blacks. The same goes for stabbing deaths which again the victims and/or the perpetrators are usually black as well. So those two categories alone gives blacks more than 50% of the murders this year in the GTA. And don't forget that there's over 100 shooting incidents that didn't lead to death that overwhelmingly involve blacks as well.

And like I said before, even if alot of blacks aren't directly committing crime and violence, many of them are still harboring and protecting those that did commit crime and violence. How else do you explain the ability of criminals to hide for so long in black communities? You can't do that unless there's someone helping you and other people who know you've committed a crime but choose to stay quiet rather than go to police and report you. That's why black criminals can stay free for so long when the black community does so little to help police to get these people off the street.

And lastly yes it really does suck that a good black person might be unfairly treated for the crimes and actions of another black person, but that's the hole they've dug for themselves all these years and they have to now lay in it. Until blacks show a dramatic drop in crime and violence in their communities, then non-blacks are quite warranted to be wary of blacks.

If you're actually an engineering student, then you CLEARLY need to stay in school longer since you don't seem to understand simple statistics.

At least 26 murders involving blacks / 400,000 blacks x 100,000 = a murder rate of at least 6.5 per 100,000

16 non-black murders / 5.1 million non-blacks x 100,000 = a murder rate of about 0.3 per 100,000

That means that the black murder rate in Toronto/GTA is at least 21 TIMES HIGHER than the non-black murder rate here and you don't think there isn't something wrong with that?? >_>
I think you are comparing murders in Toronto city proper only with the number of blacks in the entire metro area. The city proper actually has just over 200,000 blacks. The 400,00 blacks figure is for the entire metro area.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think you are comparing murders in Toronto city proper only with the number of blacks in the entire metro area. The city proper actually has just over 200,000 blacks. The 400,00 blacks figure is for the entire metro area.
You might be right in which case the murder rate for blacks in Toronto looks EVEN WORSE and it shows how much damage that one small demographic causes in relation to everyone else COMBINED.

Also I've looked around and it seems extremely hard to find any solid stats on crime from other areas in the GTA. Don't know why they wouldn't make that information public like Toronto does.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,748,751 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Rob Ford, he should lose some weight.
Okay so we have gone from Racism to fat shaming. Nothing but up haters up in city data forum today I am not even remotely sure what this verbal diarrhea you just spit out has to do with anything? I am by no means a Rob Ford fan, but I am a fan of the if you don't have anything useful to say ! I swear the older I get the less I like people in general. If Rob Ford's weight is most concerning of his attributes to you that clearly does not say much about you in general. Mahna Mahna would have been a more logical contribution to this thread on your part because at least if would have been funny (too bad this is only finger these smilies stick up ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

Old 11-17-2015, 11:40 PM

126 posts, read 557,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

WRONG. Alll kinds of violent crime is LOWER among whites in the US than it is for blacks in the US AND for blacks in Canada. Take murder rate for example. The murder rate among whites in the US is about 2.5 per 100,000, while the black murder rate in Toronto is AT LEAST 5 per 100,000 or more likely about 7.5 per 100,000. So double if not triple or more the white murder rate in the US.

And if you go down the list of violent crimes, black crime rates in Toronto will be much higher than whites in the US for all of them guaranteed.
OK, I stand corrected. I was obviously thinking about group crime rates in a wrong way.

The rate is still lower than your overwrought language would suggest to someone who has never been here though.

And most importantly, I would reiterate what I said in the other thread, that no other racial minority group faces the racism that blacks face, and so your conclusion that black parenting is to blame cannot stand up to serious scrutiny.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
OK, I stand corrected. I was obviously thinking about group crime rates in a wrong way.

The rate is still lower than your overwrought language would suggest to someone who has never been here though.

And most importantly, I would reiterate what I said in the other thread, that no other racial minority group faces the racism that blacks face, and so your conclusion that black parenting is to blame cannot stand up to serious scrutiny.
Except you're incorrect. The black crime rate IS MUCH HIGHER than the non-black crime rate in Toronto/GTA and its clearly shown in the stats. Like I've said before if you removed all the murders involving blacks as either the perpetrator and/or the victim, I GUARANTEE that all the other 5.1+ million non-blacks in the entire GTA would not even reach 40 murders and probably be hard pressed to even reach 30. THAT'S how peaceful and relatively non-violent non-blacks of every ethnicity are here in the GTA. And to add to that, stabbings would go way down and shooting incidents would be virtually NON-EXISTENT considering every shooting incident save for a handful involves blacks.

And I disagree that blacks in Toronto face alot of racism these days. Not saying it doesn't exist, but its VERY LITTLE considering how tolerant most people here are. And if there is any racism its ALL because of how blacks behave in Toronto and not because they're black. I can't even remember the last time a non-black person(s) attacked or murdered a black person in the GTA, but I can remember many times where blacks have attacked or murdered non-blacks here.

So yes black parents ARE doing a pi$$ poor job raising their kids when most non-black kids aren't committing crime and violence while black kids are doing those things. I really wish people like you would stop excusing black behavior and force blacks to take responsibility for their actions and their behavior that has led them to where they are now.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:51 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,291,683 times
Just reading these post and seeing %s similar for Toronto crime. Though many US cities have higher %s of Black and Latino Populations. A Similar variation in crime stat %s is there.

For example... the city that got compared a lot to Toronto..... Chicago. It has 1/3 of its population as African American , 45% White (counting European White and Latino Whites) otherwise Latinos would be 1/3 and European Whites 1/3.

These are how their %s in crime break down for Chicago ....

Victims of gang-related murders: 70% African-American , 26% Hispanic, 3% White; 93% male.
Offenders in gang-related murders: 76% African American, 20% Hispanic, 3% white; 99% male.
Victims of domestic-related murders: 79% African American, 10% Hispanic, 11% white.
Victims of armed robbery—related murders: 68% African American, 13% Hispanic, 19% white, 89% male.
Offenders in armed robbery—related murders: 87% African American, 9% Hispanic, 4% white; 93% male.

Though crime is overall less in Toronto and Blacks more peaceful. American cities have organized Gang crime issues skewing numbers that overall are not the general Black population.... that would be far more peaceful otherwise.

But it does show if White in Chicago as a example.... You are far safer and lower perpetrator numbers.

Of course if armed robberies mean just guns? Then they would be different in Canada?

This post IS NOT to get into a US Canada crime discussion. Just there is a similar Racial breakdown and component in City stats....

Gang crimes would be Chicago's #1 problem. But on their turf and own neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto