Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 11:44 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,039,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
A friend of mine drove home from a party while under the influence of booze and cocaine. The man driving the car he hit was killed. I consider that a form of murder.

I had nothing to do with him while he was in state prison, but now that he's been out for a number of years and doesn't abuse drugs and booze, I've softened my stance quite a bit.
Yeah, when someone is genuinely remorseful for something they've done and very humbled and they ask for forgiveness, we need to do that. Sort of like the nice man that had just one too many and hit the school bus full of Christians on their way home from a fair or something that was all in the media. Fire killed a lot of kids. That man was a good man, he made one bad choice and the result was devastating. But people were doing death threats, hate letters and he did a good amount of time in prison. He has to live with that the rest of his life.

Anyone that hasn't seen the movie 'Impact" should watch it. Very informative and very interesting. Parts even have good endings. Strange how things work out. Great story to watch if you're interested, I think it's on Prime or Netflix, not sure which one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
It would be called second degree murder or manslaughter?
Involuntary manslaughter. It was obviously an accident (I guess the guy didn't intentionally plan to kill him) ?

Old 04-09-2024, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Define "murder."
"To Me" Murder would be the premeditated and calculated act with intention to kill another human being.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:28 PM

1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
"To Me" Murder would be the premeditated and calculated act with intention to kill another human being.
That's 1st Degree murder. 2nd degree murder is without premeditation.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planthappy View Post
I was dating a guy who was new in town 30 years ago. After dating for 6 months he stole something from me and denied it. I was talking to a cop who was a friend and he asked me the guys name. Less than 12 hrs later I had detectives knocking at my door asking me all kinds of questions about him. About 6 hours later state, county and local police had surrounded his home. He eventually came out and was arrested. He had gotten into a fight with a guy and stabbed him to death in another town. I never once saw this man act or talk in a violent way. He got life. Then one day he escaped from prison. The police contacted me to tell me to be careful. I had moved far away from where I knew him and there was no internet so I thought I was OK but took extra precautions. He was caught in a few days and he's been back in prison since then. I now check the prison website a few times a year to make sure he is still there.
OMG! Wow, I would be checking every day ! So glad you're OK.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
A close friend lived next door to ramon salcido.

> He was convicted for the 1989 murders of six female family members and one male supervisor at his workplace. His victims included his wife and two of his daughters, four-year-old Sofía and 22-month-old Teresa. A third daughter, three-year-old Carmina, was left lying in a field beside the bodies of her sisters for thirty-six hours after being slashed across the throat by her father but was eventually rescued.

Details
> On April 14, 1989, after a night of drinking and snorting cocaine, Ramon Salcido drove his three young daughters to a county dump, slashed their throats, and threw them into a ditch, killing Sofia and Teresa; Carmina survived. Salcido then drove to Cotati, California, where he killed his mother-in-law and her two daughters. He then returned to his home in Boyes Hot Springs, where he shot his wife, Angela Salcido. He then went to the Grand Cru winery, his place of employment, where he killed a co-worker, Tracey Toovey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Salcido

A 7 person killing rage? OMG! That made me think of that Russel Crowe movie "Unhinged" where he was just totally out of his mind. If you haven't seen that movie, it's very good. It's an edge of your seat thriller with surprises all the way through. Very good movie. Really well made, actors were all on their A game.

Old 04-09-2024, 04:00 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
3 co-workers of mine were killed and one wounded when a disgruntled employee snapped and brought a pistol in to work in 1989.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/02...8569603522000/

One of the lady's killed was my lunch partner. We chatted every day.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:43 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
The sad part of this thread is that a lot of the people that could list literally dozens of people, aren't going to be the ones posting here.

Creates a rather skewed depiction of murder in the US.

For example, imagine asking someone like 50cent this question.

Guy would likely have to make it like 5-6 posts minimum due to the limits of characters per post.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:10 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times
I knew multiple victims of the Northern Illinois University shooting. I was attending school as a sophomore that year. One of the victims was dating a good friend.

The first I learned of something going on was I got a call from a female friend who was scared that she heard gunshots and needed someone with a car to pick her up. I drove to campus to get her not really understanding the gravity of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime