Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Anyone remember the Mansons killings of Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas? I spoke with Mr LaBianca on Tues AM at his store office and he was killed on Thurs PM.
wow. weird. i live on the same street as the LaBianca house. i could walk to it in less than five minutes. its still standing, people live there. not once do i park my car without thinking of the manson girls, who HITCHHIKED home afterwards, and i always try and imagine what road they went down and if they walked past my house, which was built in '47. where the la bianca house is, they must have gone down hyperion, or could have walked down waverly and gotten on glendale boulevard which would take you to chatsworth and the spahn ranch. and if they did that they walked right past my house.

the other night the lights went out and i thought instantly, "am i being creepycrawled by crazed hippies?" luckily i am a sensible sort, but the thought DID cross my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
A friend of my younger brothers killed his foster parents. My cousin's daughter was killed and they never found the killer to my knowledge.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM

501 posts, read 1,474,984 times
During freshman year in high school a few male classmates were hanging out at one of their houses with no parents at home. The father of the household was the chief detective with the local police. The kids got their hands on his 22 and decided to play russian roulette. The nicest boy in the entire class was there and when his turn came to play the "game" he shot himself point blank in the head. He died instantly. The official story released said the detective thought the gun was unloaded... how can a police officer who is used to handling weapons miss a slug in the chamber? Why was the gun not locked up in the first place? Smell a coverup?

During my junior year there was a very creepy and rather malicious guy in art class. He never participated (the teacher was also frightened of him). He just sat on the windowsill during the entire class and sneered at everyone. One day a male student disappeared. His body was found in a wooded area by his home. He had been shot point blank in the head and sodomized. The following day the creepy kid in my art class showed up as usual but I could feel something was really wrong with him. He showed no emotion at all. The next day he was out of class as the police pulled him in for questioning and he confessed to the murder. Since he was underage at the time he spent a minimal time in jail and is now alive and well living down south somewhere.

The nice boy who sat in front of me in homeroom and other classes for four years was stabbed to death the summer after graduation over a pot deal gone bad.

A teenage nephew of a friend of mine was shot to death.

A sister of another friend was shot in the head by her husband and died. He spent less than ten years in jail was released and he immediately filed for custody of the kids. Needless to say he didn't get custody.

All of this happened in "safe suburbs" (at the time) in NJ. America is a very violent country. Just turn on the TV. I agree with the poster regarding the media promoting violence and how it effects people especially teenagers.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
A co-worker's uncle was murdered by his girlfriend. And another co-worker at the same job lost her son to a drunk driver, which is at least negligent homicide.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,093 times
A friend of my mom's murdered his wife in the 60's.
Two of my uncles were shot and killed.
Several former classmates were shot and killed.

Very common in Baltimore.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM

657 posts, read 697,879 times
Nope, luckily enough I don't. Murder is very rare here though, we get like maybe 1 murder in 20 years where I live.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,483,563 times
Mom was killed by vehicular homicide. I have to go to court in a couple months and look at that guy. He is getting a jury trial. I don't know if that is standard or not.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 PM

278 posts, read 993,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Mom was killed by vehicular homicide. I have to go to court in a couple months and look at that guy. He is getting a jury trial. I don't know if that is standard or not.
It is if he is fighting the charges.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM

8 posts, read 13,524 times
My brother was murdered, and I have a good friend that murdered her ex-boyfriend who was in law enforcement.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM

289 posts, read 570,243 times
Yes. My friends uncle, who was also my brothers childhood friend, is currently in prison for murdering a girl. However, it's rumored it was more his now ex-wife, who happens to be my brothers ex-fiance's sister, than him who did the killing. But she turned states evidence & got off with a slap on the wrist while he went to prison.

I also have a cousin who mysterously drown in a local lake before I was born. And I worked with a lady who's son was murdered during the time I worked with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime