Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,582,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Was this the very first time his girlfriend (whom he was "deeply in love with") ever went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, that he has no previous experience with this exact situation?
Another excellent point!! Spouses or partners are always getting up to go to the bathroom.

Wow. Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Did anyone else read that she was found at the bottom of the stairs? How did she get there?
He carried her downstairs. He claimed that "she died in my arms."

Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,582,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He carried her downstairs. He claimed that "she died in my arms."
Now why in the world did he do that??? And HOW did he do that? I can see him being very skilled at managing stairs without his prosthetics by himself, but carrying a full-grown woman???

They also said that out of the 4 phones in the house, none of them were used to call for help. Does this guy have no common sense? Or is this proof of his innocence?

If it was all an accident, I can see where he'd be out of his mind with horror at what he'd done and not do anything sensible. If he were guilty, he might calmly dial emergency and say "I've just shot my girlfriend," because he had planned it all along.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Now why in the world did he do that??? And HOW did he do that? I can see him being very skilled at managing stairs without his prosthetics by himself, but carrying a full-grown woman? Curiouser and curiouser!
Yes. "Pistorius said that he felt vulnerable because he did not have on his prosthetic legs when he heard noises in the bathroom, and that was when he pumped bullets into the locked door. Then, Pistorius said in the sworn statement, he realized that model Reeva Steenkamp was not in his bed.

"It filled me with horror and fear," he said. He put on his prosthetic legs, tried to kick down the door, then bashed it in with a cricket bat to find Steenkamp, 29, shot inside. He said he ran downstairs with her, but "She died in my arms." Oscar Pistorius: "She died in my arms" - CBS News

Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Now why in the world did he do that??? And HOW did he do that? I can see him being very skilled at managing stairs without his prosthetics by himself, but carrying a full-grown woman???

They also said that out of the 4 phones in the house, none of them were used to call for help. Does this guy have no common sense? Or is this proof of his innocence?

If it was all an accident, I can see where he'd be out of his mind with horror at what he'd done and not do anything sensible. If he were guilty, he might calmly dial emergency and say "I've just shot my girlfriend," because he had planned it all along.

Curiouser and curiouser!
More good points! I didn't know about this information about 4 phones or her being taken downstairs.

Why would he even bother to carry her downstairs without first calling for medical help?

Like you mentioned ... his first response should have been an emergency call for help saying "I accidentally shot my girlfriend thinking it was a burglar ... please send medical help as quick as possible".

And how much weight could he possibly lift on prosthetic legs? Especially while trying to manipulate down a flight of stairs?

There are way too many unusual aspects to his story for it to be believable.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
The order doesn't make sense to me either but he could easily carry a woman of that size down some stairs. He was fit and those legs work just as well as real ones. She probably was just over 120 lbs or so. Thats not a lot of weight.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM

823 posts, read 1,975,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
The order doesn't make sense to me either but he could easily carry a woman of that size down some stairs. He was fit and those legs work just as well as real ones. She probably was just over 120 lbs or so. Thats not a lot of weight.

He could have carried an elephant that night. Wen a guy has just murdered somebody, and is high on alcohol and steroids, he can have the strenth of 10 guys.

He was in psychotic fit...it´s pointless to seek logical explanations.

The sad thing is that now, several days after the murder, he and his family keep pretending it was an accident. That kind of guys will never take responsability for his actions.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM

Here is a great article which supplies a lot of details about what may have happened:

Oscar Pistorius in court: Blade Runner arrives to plead for bail over girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp's 'murder' | Mail Online

Quote:
At around 3.20am, four shots rang out – apparently not all at once. The first person Pistorius called was his father Henke, 59.
When he arrived, he allegedly saw his son carrying his nightie-clad girlfriend down the stairs.
She had been shot in the head, hip, arm and hand. Pistorius – and later paramedics – struggled in vain to save Miss Steenkamp’s life.

When the police inspected Oscar’s bedroom, they found Miss Steenkamp’s overnight bag and iPad on the floor and the bedclothes were crumpled.

'It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed,' a police source told City Press.

Police reportedly found the bloodied cricket bat in the bedroom.

The en-suite bathroom door was riddled with holes, a pistol holster was found by Pistorius’s bed and a gun cartridge was on the floor.
So he did make several calls after the incident. One to his father, and one to a friend. And at some point paramedics were called.

But I still think this story is extremely suspicious.

It happened on Valentines Day ... of all days.

The article mentions an iPad may have triggered a fight due to a text message the girlfriend received from a rugby player named Francois Hougaard.
Quote:
Neighbours have said they heard shouting coming from the house at around 1.30am. There were some suggestions, quickly denied, that the row may have been about Miss Steenkamp’s friendship with a rugby player.
Quote:
Across Twitter Mr Hougaard communicated with Miss Steenkamp before her death, and retweeted a picture of them together with friends after she died.
So the exact timing of these twitter messages may confirm whether the fight was related to the messages.

If the messages came shortly before 1:30am, it is pretty obvious they were the reason for the fight.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Another active thread about this case is in City-Data's True Crime forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/true-...ed-murder.html

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Thank you for posting this. You're absolutely correct. Before a man becomes a gun criminal, he's just a gun-owning male. I'm also glad you posted this because practically all gun shootings, accidents, crimes, etc., are caused and committed by gun-owning males. Gun-owning males attempt to deflect from that by saying that their wife has a gun, that their girlfriend has a gun, their female neighbor has a gun, and that women are very, very interested in buying guns, yet the statistics continue to reflect that gun-owning males are responsible for almost 100% of gun accidents and gun crimes.

As to living with a male that keeps a gun in the home, I marvel at the females that allow that. Why would a woman even be with a male that likes guns or owns guns? Why would a female coexist in a home where there's a gun, unless she's incredibly infantile, afraid, or needy of having a male at any costs.

I opted long ago to never date males that owned guns. It has never even been a question. I place gun-owning males, gun-needing males, into the same category as males with an extremely low I.Q.
How quickly the extremely low IQ lefttards forget about Nancy Lanza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime