Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This shows you the risk of having a firearm in your home. This isn't common, but incidences like this do happen.

and despite what the gun folks say, no gun and she would be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You have no clue if that's true.

Maybe you've never heard of knives? Too bad OJ didn't have a gun. The crime scene wouldn't have been so messy.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
The OP's title for this thread is misleading. There is absolutely no evidence that Pistorious mistook his girlfriend for an intruder. Neighbours heard shouting and screams coming from the house, and called the police. She was shot several times through a closed bathroom door. There is no way he didn't know it was his girlfriend.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The OP's title for this thread is misleading. There is absolutely no evidence that Pistorious mistook his girlfriend for an intruder. Neighbours heard shouting and screams coming from the house, and called the police. She was shot several times through a closed bathroom door. There is no way he didn't know it was his girlfriend.
The OP's title is based on the first news reports that claimed he mistook his girlfriend's for an intruder. But soon after came the reports that state what you wrote.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Not sure whether or not they were arguing, or whether or not this is accidental or murder, but I will say this - if you're not familiar with the current state of civil unrest and danger in South Africa, even in upscale neighborhoods, then you may not be able to fully comprehend why it would be VERY IMPORTANT for home owners to be armed.

South Africa is a very violent, unsafe place.

If the girl did indeed sneak in to surprise him, she used very poor judgment.
I've heard that South Africa is bad, real bad. Tho if Pistorius offed his lady he'd better have a real good reason or he's done.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 AM

823 posts, read 1,973,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I must admit that I'm really shocked that people are joking about this. A woman was brutally murdered. I guess I will have to read about it in the thread in the Africa forum:

Do you think Pistorious will get special treatment in jail? He most likely will end up in jail for killing his girlfrien

I got the "she used her blades for flipping pancakes and he snapped" from anther post on Yahoo News, I thought it was funny, and there were others much more strong.

The guy is a crazy murderer, and he will rotten in jail. Nothing else we can do.

Just wish the girl rests in peace.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Quote:
Gun lovers proclaim that throwing a chair or a lamp is equivalent to firing bullets.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
...and despite what gun control folks say. If she had been a real intruder, no gun and he would be dead. Though I doubt this was an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Gun lovers proclaim that throwing a chair or a lamp is equivalent to firing bullets.
I have a right to protect my family if someone were to break into my home. For that purpose I have a Glock at my disposal or an aluminum bat. Either way, the intruder will meet the same fate.

You, on the other hand, would rather be at the mercy of the intruder. That's your choice. It's called freedom. Don't infringe on mine.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
...and despite what gun control folks say. If she had been a real intruder, no gun and he would be dead. Though I doubt this was an accident.

I have a right to protect my family if someone were to break into my home. For that purpose I have a Glock at my disposal or an aluminum bat. Either way, the intruder will meet the same fate.

You, on the other hand, would rather be at the mercy of the intruder. That's your choice. It's called freedom. Don't infringe on mine.
That does sound like the sound of a paranoid schizo right winger speaking. I'm not a psychologist, so I have no suggestions as to cure.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Oscar Pistorius murder charge: family breaks silence | World news | The Observer

Oscar Pistorius murder charge: bloodied cricket bat found at Paralympic athlete's home - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime