Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Sad thing is who championed Kacey Anthony? Nobody and she still was acquitted.
I would like to see the jury of Zimmerman's peers.
Yep. That's my #1 problem with some of these hazy laws. We aren't even talking being found innocent or guilty but guys that have flat out gunned people down and not even faced criminal charges.

I mean, holy crap, you have two identical situations in different states and one guy can get decades in prison while the other isn't even charged. Waaaaaaay too loosey goosey.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,412,775 times
Default Whole thing's a joke...

I am patiently waiting for picture of the young Mr. Martin that is not from a 5th grade yearbook.
Koale

Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,981,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Simple, man with gun, dont' fight back...or at least don't leave multiple supporting injuries on his backside to exonerate him....sounds to me like the media, and the african american community jumped way too fast on this one.....read the facts surrounding the case....good or bad, that Zimmerman guy has a solid argument....the marks on his back, the photos, the 5 hour interview with police and subsequent release stands in his favor.

The media onslaught and african american community was overwhelming. Kind of like OJ...they were NOT going to convict him no matter how guilty he was....in this case, the opposite....

Politics are alive and well in this case. Innocent until PROVEN guilty in a COURT OF LAW, NOT public opinion seemed to absent in this case....if it turns out he is innocent, he has a civil suit I would think....probably why the prosectution won't let it go....cost too much if they do....potentially cheaper to prosecute....
Simple, you are walking home, minding your own business and you notice you are being tailed by an old white guy. It is the south. You are black. You mind your own business. You are talking to a friend on the phone who overhears part of what transpires. The white guy, who the cops told not to intervene, gets out of the car and stops you. He asks you questions and seems angry. You keep asking him who he is but he won't answer that. You assume you are being mugged or worse. You either run or stay and get beligerant because this guy has no right. The phone call goes dead and so does Trayvon.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times
Default GZ should hang

I hope GZ hangs. GZ was armed and knew that TM wasn't. GZ was told to stay in his car, but the opportunity was too hard to pass up for this racist imbecile. He initiated, knowing that he could end it with his concealed weapon anytime.

Perspectives which try to spin this in GZ's favor are as misguided as Romney's presidency.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,412,775 times
Exclamation yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I hope GZ hangs. GZ was armed and knew that TM wasn't. GZ was told to stay in his car, but the opportunity was too hard to pass up for this racist imbecile. He initiated, knowing that he could end it with his concealed weapon anytime.

Perspectives which try to spin this in GZ's favor are as misguided as Romney's presidency.
Maybe GZ didn't know if TM was armed or not because the glare from TM gold teeth was blinding him? TM was a Thug, and you know it. He looked like a Thug and was acting like a Thug. 10 to 1 he had a smart-ass attitude. When GZ turned around TM was coming at him...self defense, plain and simple.
Koale

Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,141,135 times
I don't buy the thug theory, thugs typically don't pay cash for candy and iced tea.....they just shoplift it or worse. The GZ supporters are forgetting a couple of key elements. TM is under no obligation whatsoever to engage in consensual contact with GZ and for that matter unless there was a specific crime that had just occurred in that area in that time frame, TM doesn't even have to stop and answer questions from an LEO. TM has a right to stand his ground as well (although foolish to do unarmed with no weapon). GZ is as good as convicted, although I believe he'll get some post conviction relief and not have to serve his full term.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM

355 posts, read 1,115,952 times
Default Definition of Neighborhood Watch

"Leave or we'll shoot."

-GZ supporters

Old 09-22-2012, 05:08 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,981,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Maybe GZ didn't know if TM was armed or not because the glare from TM gold teeth was blinding him? TM was a Thug, and you know it. He looked like a Thug and was acting like a Thug. 10 to 1 he had a smart-ass attitude. When GZ turned around TM was coming at him...self defense, plain and simple.
Koale
I know nothing of the kind. As far as I know, he was just a young man who bought Skittles and was walking home. You probably forget - it was GZ who was following Trayvon. It was GZ who got out of his car against the police request not to, and confronted Trayvon without identifying himself. If someone did that to me I, too, would suspect that they were up to no good. I would be frightened. I might have seen the gun and know that I cannot outrun a bullet.

I suspect Z may have actually laid a hand on Trayvon, maybe trying to stop him. I say this because as far as the information that we are SURE of, Z was the aggressor, the pursuer, the instigator, in all of this.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:54 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I know nothing of the kind. As far as I know, he was just a young man who bought Skittles and was walking home. You probably forget - it was GZ who was following Trayvon. It was GZ who got out of his car against the police request not to, and confronted Trayvon without identifying himself. If someone did that to me I, too, would suspect that they were up to no good. I would be frightened. I might have seen the gun and know that I cannot outrun a bullet.

I suspect Z may have actually laid a hand on Trayvon, maybe trying to stop him. I say this because as far as the information that we are SURE of, Z was the aggressor, the pursuer, the instigator, in all of this.
While I am largely anti-Zimmerman...that is the most bizarre interpretation that I have seen.

EXTREMELY crazy, even if you were trying to support TM.

Basically, while I know you are a hard core dem.....you came off looking like some sort of strawman,

Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,209,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Simple, you are walking home, minding your own business and you notice you are being tailed by an old white guy. It is the south. You are black. You mind your own business. You are talking to a friend on the phone who overhears part of what transpires. The white guy, who the cops told not to intervene, gets out of the car and stops you. He asks you questions and seems angry. You keep asking him who he is but he won't answer that. You assume you are being mugged or worse. You either run or stay and get beligerant because this guy has no right. The phone call goes dead and so does Trayvon.

the cops did not tell zimmerman to not intervene, the dispatcher did. big difference there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.