Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:49 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,579,691 times

Advertisements

Why is this even in question? Have you never heard of Stockholm Syndrome, Elizabeth Smart, etc.?

Stockholm Syndrome is so over-used in these types of conversations. For every single case where a female follows a male down a path of wrongdoing, the male is bad, just plain evil but the female (regardless of her age) is excused for being a victim of Stockholm Syndrome. It's not true for females anymore than every male kidnapper had a father who held a teen victim hostage and then later committed suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,221 times

Hmmm.....that is a telling piece of work there. I realize this is a production by kids and for kids.....but.....at 16 years of age - a fingernail tribute to your dead mother and little brother??? Her heros are KESHA, then her mother and then her brother - really??? Can't answer the question about any sexual activity? That in itself is the answer. Unknown when the selfie pictures of herself were taken - but she certainly looks healthy, rested, and has her make up on and of course her nails are done. After spending a week in the woods with a psycho, AND seeing him shot dead (probably a head shot - FBI snipers do it right) - AND after that touching tribute scrawled on a scrap of notebook paper - I would have expected a tired, scared, bleary eyed and depressed young lady who did not want to talk about the situation or be bothered by anyone - she some peaceful time for meditation and prayer. He made her help him cover the car with branches? She thought he would kill her?? She knew she had him wrapped around her finger - she could have made him do anything for her - because in his sick mind she was his girlfriend and/or lover. She was probably never in any danger of him killing her and she knew it.
I had read that her father wanted her to come home with him to Tennessee, but her family in California thought it best that she stay there so she could be with her friends. She is a minor child - if Dad wanted her with him that is where she should be. Also, she never told her parents that DiMaggio creeped her out - why not?? Maybe because - because HE DIDN'T - she told her friends but not her parents?? Parents could have put a stop to it - her friends are going to wink and joke about it. I don't think any true friendship would be of greater value than the well being or safety of a child. I think she is in over her head and her stories are going to catch up with her. This whole scenario is just plain sad - for every person involved.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,579,691 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the link. The article did state that the police have not been able to verify if it is really her posting. The article is disturbing to me because her mother and brother died violently a week ago in a fire set by "Uncle Jim" who supposedly kidnapped this teenager and he himself is now dead and it's only been a few days, yet she's posted MULIPLE photos of herself smiling on Instagram already?? Photos of holding her cat with a big smile? Photos of her NAILS done?? OMG, I'm speechless.

She looks happy and well-adjusted for someone who has recently lost so much and just come out a few days ago from a week long harrowing kidnapping experience. I come from a very close-knit family. I could not have imagined at age 16 losing my family mom and sibling not to mention losing them to senseless violence by someone they knew and trusted. Hannah's behavior, if that is really her posting, is so unbelievable to me that I could cry, literally. Is life so cheap and family members' death so easy to get over that in a few days a person, even a teenager, primary concern is getting "back to normal" by getting her nails done and showcasing her nail designs supposedly as a memorial to her mom and brother. Sad indeed.

The term narcissist comes to mind. Why did she not post pics of her and mom together? Photos that she took of her brother or with her brother over the years? Wouldn't that serve as a more meaningful memorial that actually focused on them as oppose to focusing on meaningless things? When questioned about being sexually assaulted, she said that she is not supposed to talk about that. I wonder would that be because her and Uncle Jim, before he was killed, made an agreement not to do so? I'm certainly inclined to believe it happened consensually regardless of what "story" this girl spins in upcoming weeks, months, or years. As I said after hearing the interview of the two couples that crossed their path, something is not right with this whole kidnapping story and this new article just adds to those feelings, sorry.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
WOW !!!!!!!!!!! That article is really disturbing ! It is one day after "learning" of her Mother and Brother being killed and she still has that huge, stupid smile on her face !!!! My God, that is really chilling.

Something does not feel right about this story at all. I know she is a 16 year old, but either she is the dumbest girl I have ever seen, or she was more involved with this situation than she is letting on. She also seems to have more information than she should about how the house was rigged with dynamite and all of that.

I am speechless. We haven't heard the end of this story yet, I bet. If the authorities are not looking at her suspiciously, they should be, especially after this story came out.

I reread her story on that site, and her answers are so emotionless and scripted she reminds me of anther girl we discussed recently...........Jodi Arias. Did you notice she put her dog ahead of her Mom and Brother when she was talking about losing them all ? Really strange.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 08-13-2013 at 10:18 PM..

Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Obviously the investigation is ongoing, but if you think there's a possibility that a 16 year old girl set HIS house on fire with her mother and brother inside...nope. I don't believe it.
She has already said she didn't know about the fire or her mother and brother's deaths until the rescuers told her.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:35 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,769 times
What on earth is this thread...unbelievable. She JUST turned 16. She sounds stupid and narcissistic because she is a teenager. And clearly in a state of shock/denial. How exactly would you expect her to react? Curled up in the fetal position for a month?

There are reasons why the legal age of consent is 18...both in CA and ID. Some of the comments here are sickening.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:38 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The one good thing that came out of this is that they saved the court system a lot of money by not having him alive to try. A bullet is a lot cheaper than a lengthy trial and all that goes with it............he got exactly what he deserved.

Don
Don, We don't actually know yet what he had done, or who started the fire. It would be most helpful if he could have given his side of events to the authorities. This is an odd occurence.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 AM

639 posts, read 1,963,591 times
Have any of you ever met a teenage girl before? Jeez, the manicure tribute is exactly the kind of thing a teenage girl would do. What do you expect a 16 year old to do as a memorial? She's a kid. The color of her nails is one of the few things she has control over.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:38 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
OK, this has been around for a little while now and I have been reading/watching information regarding this case. Does anybody besides me have a feeling that somehow, some way - this girl was not a victim but a willing participant in this whole mess? Maybe I have missed something, but I have tried to keep up on this since it started - and here are a few things that I don't "get".... If she was abducted from the house where her mother and little brother were killed and the house set on fire - how could she not have known they were dead until she found out after she was rescued? Did she go to the house with her mother and brother on Sunday, or was she at home alone and he came there and took her - after he killed her mother and brother? She was reportedly last seen at cheerleading practice near her home on Saturday. If he were a skilled hiker/woodsman and had prepared in advance - why was there no real camping equipment, proper clothing and footwear, etc. with them? James Lee DiMaggio was seen holding and stroking a gray cat in his arms - in the Idaho wilderness - turns out the cat belonged to Hannah and she had brought it with her. Do kidnappers allow the victim to bring family pets with them knowing they will have to be fed and cared for and they could certainly be used as a bargaining chip to get what you want from the "victim"...(ex. if you don't do this I will kill your cat). If she were a kidnap victim - would she not have fought him and she would probably have been raped and possibly had torn or missing clothing on. The retired sheriff and his group who were riding and ran into the pair twice while on the trail stated that it appeared she was wearing pajama bottoms, he was seen with his arm around her waist, if she was trying to give any signal that she was in trouble - he did not pick up on it - and he had been a trained lawman for many years. It is second nature for him to pick up on something not quite right. She did not appear distraught and would not engage in conversation with the riders although the sheriff's wife said she made the comment that she got to pick their vacation spot last year (Los Angeles/Hollywood) and so he got to pick it this year. As they were leaving the area, the ex-sheriff heard Hannah remark to DiMaggio, "Looks like we're in trouble now."
The current sheriff says she was definitely not involved - but I do not think we have heard the last of this yet....anybody else have any thoughts on the matter? I hope I am wrong here......
She wasnt...i mean how did she not know her mom and brother werent dead? I just saw a website that said when the oregon horse rider saw them, she tried to hide her face...and did you see how wuick tbe media came out to say she was an unwilling "victim"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime