Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
What on earth is this thread...unbelievable. She JUST turned 16. She sounds stupid and narcissistic because she is a teenager. And clearly in a state of shock/denial. How exactly would you expect her to react? Curled up in the fetal position for a month?

There are reasons why the legal age of consent is 18...both in CA and ID. Some of the comments here are sickening.
No, just because shes a teenager does NOT excuse her behavior! Thays whats wrong with america, kids could go knock over a liquor store and it would be ok because they are just kids right? Geez. Anyway i was 19 when my best friend died and you better believe that i wasnt grooming myself all out, taking selfies, and smiling like she was. Shes sick and needs help because she was involved in this. She is not innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hmmm.....that is a telling piece of work there. I realize this is a production by kids and for kids.....but.....at 16 years of age - a fingernail tribute to your dead mother and little brother??? Her heros are KESHA, then her mother and then her brother - really??? Can't answer the question about any sexual activity? That in itself is the answer. Unknown when the selfie pictures of herself were taken - but she certainly looks healthy, rested, and has her make up on and of course her nails are done. After spending a week in the woods with a psycho, AND seeing him shot dead (probably a head shot - FBI snipers do it right) - AND after that touching tribute scrawled on a scrap of notebook paper - I would have expected a tired, scared, bleary eyed and depressed young lady who did not want to talk about the situation or be bothered by anyone - she some peaceful time for meditation and prayer. He made her help him cover the car with branches? She thought he would kill her?? She knew she had him wrapped around her finger - she could have made him do anything for her - because in his sick mind she was his girlfriend and/or lover. She was probably never in any danger of him killing her and she knew it.
I had read that her father wanted her to come home with him to Tennessee, but her family in California thought it best that she stay there so she could be with her friends. She is a minor child - if Dad wanted her with him that is where she should be. Also, she never told her parents that DiMaggio creeped her out - why not?? Maybe because - because HE DIDN'T - she told her friends but not her parents?? Parents could have put a stop to it - her friends are going to wink and joke about it. I don't think any true friendship would be of greater value than the well being or safety of a child. I think she is in over her head and her stories are going to catch up with her. This whole scenario is just plain sad - for every person involved.
I totally agree with you. The fact that she is taking selfies looking happy and getting a manicute is just sick. She was involved in this im sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee188 View Post
Have any of you ever met a teenage girl before? Jeez, the manicure tribute is exactly the kind of thing a teenage girl would do. What do you expect a 16 year old to do as a memorial? She's a kid. The color of her nails is one of the few things she has control over.

Yes, I have met several teenage girls before. Actually, I WAS a teenage girl at one time!!! Come on, after the events of that week - a manicure is the best she can come up with as a memorial? I've heard and participated in prayer vigils, candlelight vigils, releasing balloons or whatever - where the families and communities who have lost members can unite and pay tribute and memorialize the deceased - but never a memorial manicure - for one!!! She just comes across as heartless and hopelessly immature. At 16, some of the traits that make us adults are formed and evident in our thoughts and actions. I have seen nothing here that indicates any maturity or any realization here that her mother and brother were actually victims in the real sense of the word. There are many things this kid could exercise control over - but I guess fingernails are the best choice - at the end of the day. I truly think that it is naive in our culture today to believe that kids are not capable of doing some of the God awful things they do and would never participate in something as evil as this situation - but unfortunately, time and again we are reminded that kids can be just as evil anyone else. Some kids do absolutely heroic and noble deeds and in the face of adversity - they step up to the reality of the situation and exercise more maturity than many adults ever will. She has the power in her hands right now to do something productive and lasting to bring honor to her family - and she is choosing to do nothing but bask in the glow of a cell phone with a camera function. Sad...sad...sad.....

Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
I don't know, I read the article below. I believe he would have killed her if she tried to get away or say something to the people they came across. Because she comes off a certain way, doesn't mean she doesn't feel or maybe doesn't even want to feel or think of what happened. Certainly many would be dealing with this much differently, much more privately. Maybe she felt more isolation would make her mind work harder and obsess on things more. Of course we know what we read and hear. How much she has cried and maybe even the guilt she feels, who's to say. "I wish I could go back in time and risk my life to try and save theirs. I will never forgive myself for not trying harder to save them," she wrote. There are people that are full of emotion and others that are cold when dealing with grief and loss. I think the nails thing is strange too, but a good deal of people in this world are superficial and cold. None the less, I don't think she went willingly with the guy. I'm glad they killed him, no trial and expense.
Hannah Anderson: My kidnapper 'deserved what he got' - U.S. News

Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
16 is not an infant, by now she should be well on her way to womanhood. I remember very well being 16 myself, as that is a milestone year for teens (driving, dating, school activities), and if my family were murdered I can tell you I WOULD have been balled up in a fetal position, sobbing my eyes out. Hell, my dog died when I was about that age and it impacted me for weeks !

For her to exhibit that kind of "healing" only one day after being rescued and learning of their death is very strange..........bizarre actually. And she is not the sweet little angel some might think, did you see her response to some of the people who were criticizing her ? She told them to F--- off !!!! Nice little 16 year old young lady!

I go back to my original statement that she is either the dumbest 16 year old I have ever seen or more involved in this than she is letting on, and it could be a combination of both of those.

Don

Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Have the police even been able to validate it's her posting this stuff?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Her heros are KESHA, then her mother and then her brother - really???
Been around any teenagers lately?

Quote:
He made her help him cover the car with branches? She thought he would kill her?? She knew she had him wrapped around her finger - she could have made him do anything for her - because in his sick mind she was his girlfriend and/or lover. She was probably never in any danger of him killing her and she knew it.
Yet he killed her mother and brother. What logic is there in that?

Quote:
Also, she never told her parents that DiMaggio creeped her out - why not??.... - she told her friends but not her parents?? Parents could have put a stop to it
What teenagers do you know who tell their parents everything? DiMaggio had been a friend of her parents for years. Maybe that says a lot, too, about what kind of parents she had.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
After reading the article and looking at the photos, I don't think she was involved, but I do feel she's a bit narcissistic and really thriving on all the attention right now.
It's a shame, but have first hand knowledge of many girls in this age group that are in love with themselves...FB,Twitter,Instagram constantly posting pout pictures of themselves..glad I don't have teens anymore

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I haven't been following this story. I vaguely heard the FBI shot a guy who had kidnapped a girl. That's it. I didn't even know the mother and brother were killed. Then today, I read an article about her posting online. That lead me here looking for more information. What struck me was that this was her father's best friend. My immediate reaction was hoping that the FBI is investigating her father.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I haven't been following this story. I vaguely heard the FBI shot a guy who had kidnapped a girl. That's it. I didn't even know the mother and brother were killed. Then today, I read an article about her posting online. That lead me here looking for more information. What struck me was that this was her father's best friend. My immediate reaction was hoping that the FBI is investigating her father.
The father?? Why, because the guy was his friend?? How many kids are molested every day by family members, close friends and the parents have no idea.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The father?? Why, because the guy was his friend?? How many kids are molested every day by family members, close friends and the parents have no idea.
Something is really fishy about this story. I'd rather think the father wanted rid of the mother than the girl was involved in a love affair with the guy and wanted her mother and brother dead. Time will tell. Maybe father wasn't involved and it was only the girl. This wouldn't be the first time a crazy narcissistic teenage girl manipulated someone to kill her parents. This will eventually be a Lifetime movie or a documentary on a crime channel. If police don't figure it out, they might figure it out decades from now. She could be one of those black widow gold diggers in the making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime