Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,169,216 times

Advertisements

The comments about Martinez are so far off-base as to be laughable. He's the complete opposite of a famewhore and very highly regarded as a prosecutor. He's prosecuted many high profile cases before this one as well (Wendi Andriano, Doug Grant, Bryan Stewart, Scott Falater)...it's certainly not his first time at the rodeo.

I couldn't care less about Arias at this point...just another cockroach wasting oxygen and AZ tax dollars, the only question is for how many more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,975,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The comments about Martinez are so far off-base as to be laughable. He's the complete opposite of a famewhore and very highly regarded as a prosecutor. He's prosecuted many high profile cases before this one as well (Wendi Andriano, Doug Grant, Bryan Stewart, Scott Falater)...it's certainly not his first time at the rodeo.

I couldn't care less about Arias at this point...just another cockroach wasting oxygen and AZ tax dollars, the only question is for how many more years.
Most of the people only know Juan Martinez from the media blitz with the Arias trial. He is a professional and has served Arizona well over the years. He could have gone into private practice instead of serving the people in a lower paying state job.

The cases mentioned by fruitlassie didn't receive the world wide media blitz like the Travis Alexander murder. He is not a media hound he didn't ask for this notoriety and basically shied away from it. He is an excellent prosecutor, he didn't hold onto a yellow legal pad like most lawyers. He arrived ready to prosecute the guilty and he did an excellent job.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:23 PM

102 posts, read 101,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
What's laughable is that you haven't actually rebutted any of the comments made. His behavior just doesn't support what you're claiming. Posing for photos and signing autographs for trial groupies(during the trial, mind you) is not indicative of someone who is "the complete opposite of a famewhore". It's not only unseemly, but potential misconduct. I also think it's strange that he gave his assistant virtually no TV time.
How he's regarded depends, I suppose, on who you ask. Nancy Grace and her sycophants clearly think he's Superman, Esq. Practicing attorneys and the AZ Supreme Court have offered another opinion. I personally find his courtroom antics immature and unprofessional.

He's won his share of cases, but of course, the DA is supposed to win. They only play ball when they think they can win. He's also lost his share(i.e. Grant). I just think the praise heaped upon this guy is overblown.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:54 PM

44,644 posts, read 61,677,004 times
Judge rules Jodi Arias can still face death penalty...
Judge: Jodi Arias can still face death penalty - ABC15 Arizona

Old 06-01-2014, 01:53 PM

In addition Judge Stephens filed a ruling on May 27 regarding filming the trial. One pool camera will be allowed in a fixed location and all live broadcast shall have a 15 minute delay.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6319945.pdf

Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,561,812 times
Thanks for updates...aren't getting many TV channels out here on Maui. Not much Greek or Mediterranean Food either, for that matter, lol. Missing the Vegas restaurants!! Will there be internet coverage at all?

Old 06-04-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Thanks for updates...aren't getting many TV channels out here on Maui. Not much Greek or Mediterranean Food either, for that matter, lol. Missing the Vegas restaurants!! Will there be internet coverage at all?

Complain, complain!! And you are living on Maui!! Tropical breezes, beautiful blue water! Buy a cookbook and learn to cook Greek and Mediterranean food.

The way the Judge's ruling reads only one camera will be allowed and I assume all of the media will have to share the cam??? I don't know if that is how one camera is handled. I watched the first Arias trial on the internet via one of the Phoenix TV stations live stream. I did not watch HLN, too many commercial breaks and Vinnie, Jane, Nancy and Jean got on my nerves. HLN terminated one of the best legal analyst, Beth Karas.

In addition you can check out websites that offer live streaming:

Latest Criminal Trial Coverage | WildAboutTrial.com

devega2 Live Stream

I have watched several trials on both of the websites. In addition the last Arias trial I used FOX 10 TV, they had live stream:

Home - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

I just don't know how one camera works, I guess we will find out. I hope this sentencing trial isn't long and drawn out like the first trial. Just get it over with.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:10 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,561,812 times
Yeah, I finally found a grocery store with Kalamata olives and a goat farm with fresh feta, so I think I'll make it, lol.

Beth was the best of the crew, IMO. She was even-keeled and provided good judicial insights, and didn't appear to me to pick sides.

Does anyone know (or guess) if they are going to call the same witnesses all over again?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 PM

14,412 posts, read 14,334,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Yeah, I finally found a grocery store with Kalamata olives and a goat farm with fresh feta, so I think I'll make it, lol.

Beth was the best of the crew, IMO. She was even-keeled and provided good judicial insights, and didn't appear to me to pick sides.

Does anyone know (or guess) if they are going to call the same witnesses all over again?
That's up to the prosecutor. He will call those witnesses that he thinks will convince the jury to give Arias the death penalty.

If I were in his shoes, even though her guilt is established and the fact that the murder was heinous was established, I would still want to put on plenty of evidence about how the crime was committed. Of course, I'd want as many photographs of Travis's wounds in as possible too.

I think its still possible there could be a last minute deal where Arias agrees to life without parole. That's how I'd like to end this case.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
That's up to the prosecutor. He will call those witnesses that he thinks will convince the jury to give Arias the death penalty.

If I were in his shoes, even though her guilt is established and the fact that the murder was heinous was established, I would still want to put on plenty of evidence about how the crime was committed. Of course, I'd want as many photographs of Travis's wounds in as possible too.

I think its still possible there could be a last minute deal where Arias agrees to life without parole. That's how I'd like to end this case.

I don't think there will be a last minute deal, the prosecutor is going for the death penalty. What do you mean it's up to the prosecutor? What about the defense, will Nurmi and Willmott get to bring all their witnesses back in addition to Arias on the stand again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime