Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 06:55 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't think there will be a last minute deal, the prosecutor is going for the death penalty. What do you mean it's up to the prosecutor? What about the defense, will Nurmi and Willmott get to bring all their witnesses back in addition to Arias on the stand again?
Of course they will. Any evidence that would help the jury decide on the penalty is admissible in this proceeding.

What's up to the prosecutor is what evidence he wants to put on about the crime. I doubt he wants to retry the entire case. However, he has to be able to give a new jury enough of a picture of the horror of what happened and Arias's state of mind at the time. So, he makes a decision about just how much evidence about the underlying facts that he will put on.

Its the same issue involved when someone pleads guilty to capital murder. There has to be a penalty hearing and the prosecutor has to put on enough evidence to try to convince the jury that they should impose the death penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,876 times
I, for one, am very interested on how Martinez will re-try this case. He has has time to fine-tune his points, and he now has the benefit of the feedback from the last jury.
I think this is going to be very interesting, and I'd be willing to bet, surprising. Martinez may re-frame the whole crime really harrowing in on what works, and avoiding the 'gray' areas.

I suppose time gave the defense possibility for new focal points as well. I'm sure they won't send Nurmie out for a 9 day sex Q & A with Jodi.

I'm also willing to bet $$, they DO NOT PUT JODI ON THE STAND!! lol....

Old 06-08-2014, 07:45 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Will it be on tv again? Martinez is the one who can do it and it may be easier this time around. I think Jodi wants her last 15 min. Of fame and will testify

Old 06-08-2014, 10:10 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Will it be on tv again? Martinez is the one who can do it and it may be easier this time around. I think Jodi wants her last 15 min. Of fame and will testify

^^^Judge Restricts Live Camera Coverage in Arias Case - ABC News

The second penalty phase in the Jodi Arias murder case will not be televised live, a judge ruled in an order made public Tuesday, marking a change from her first trial that attracted worldwide attention and created a media spectacle when the proceedings were broadcast in real time

Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post

^^^Judge Restricts Live Camera Coverage in Arias Case - ABC News

The second penalty phase in the Jodi Arias murder case will not be televised live, a judge ruled in an order made public Tuesday, marking a change from her first trial that attracted worldwide attention and created a media spectacle when the proceedings were broadcast in real time
Thanks...maybe they will tape it and broadcast later. At least the new jury will know she is guilty of brutally murdering him.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
BTW, whatever happened to In Session ??? Is it still on the air ?? Haven't seen it for a while and they used to have back to back trials on there.

Don

Old 06-19-2014, 11:50 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,260 times
The websleuths forum has all the info anyone could ever hope for as well as an entire sub forum dedicated to Travis Alexander:

Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

For live you tube coverage:

croakerqueen123 - YouTube

Have a Juanderful Evening!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
It's showtime in 4 weeks. Judge Stephens ruled Monday that Arias can represent herself in the upcoming penalty phase of her murder trial. I don't think Judge Stephens has handled this trial very well at all.

Jodi Arias to represent self at death penalty trial - ABC15 Arizona

Old 08-05-2014, 07:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
I heard that on HLN this morning! Their teaser was...Judge makes decision in Arais case...

I was hoping the judge would allow it to be televised!

But my hopes were dashed .

Jodi probably made the decision so she could wear regular clothes at the trial instead of prison stripes!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I, for one, am very interested on how Martinez will re-try this case. He has has time to fine-tune his points, and he now has the benefit of the feedback from the last jury.
I think this is going to be very interesting, and I'd be willing to bet, surprising. Martinez may re-frame the whole crime really harrowing in on what works, and avoiding the 'gray' areas.

I suppose time gave the defense possibility for new focal points as well. I'm sure they won't send Nurmie out for a 9 day sex Q & A with Jodi.

I'm also willing to bet $$, they DO NOT PUT JODI ON THE STAND!! lol....
I just read yesterday that the judge has allowed Arias to represent herself in the upcoming sentence trial.

While that doesn't mean she will act as her own lawyer, given how narcissistic Arias is makes me think it's probable. If she does, and the death penalty is an option, I'm sure she will put herself on death row.

Arias' legal crew refused any further representation after the end of the first trial, so Jodi may be having some trouble finding new attorneys as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime