Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:10 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,900,430 times

Advertisements

I think she feels she is a better attorney and at she can swipe the jury of their feet...we will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 08:43 PM

10,117 posts, read 19,477,843 times
That woman is such a sad case....she really thinks she's smarter than the average guy. she will only succeed in ticking the jury off, what does she really think she will accomplish? I wonder if she will wear makeup for her new trial?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,686,082 times
Maybe she'll be wearing one of her Survivor tee-shirts...<<<tossing cookies>>>

Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,003,281 times
As her own attorney Arias will pick her own jury. It will probably be an all male jury.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:22 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,686,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
As her own attorney Arias will pick her own jury. It will probably be an all male jury.
No one can pick their own jury. Each side has a chance to eliminate any juror for any reason. I think each side gets three or four they can eliminate.

In any case, I think an all-male jury would backfire on Jodi. After all, she brutally murdered a man...I'm sure that fact would not escape a male juror.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Arias will get extra perks in jail to prepare for the penalty phase trial.

Will Jodi Arias receive extra jail perks? - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

@Fox Terrier ... it's because of a male juror from the first trial that the State of Arizona has to go through this circus again. And yes, Arias will have her juror strikes same as Juan, but as her own attorney she will question the jurors and make the call.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:08 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,175,099 times
Oh my goodness...this sounds like a parody of one of those tv dating shows like "The Bachelor."

If they don't allow cameras, I would be half tempted to try to visit the court myself once since I am local...but not if the crowds are anything like they were last time. I wouldn't want to get up at the crack of dawn for that lunacy.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Oh my goodness...this sounds like a parody of one of those tv dating shows like "The Bachelor."

If they don't allow cameras, I would be half tempted to try to visit the court myself once since I am local...but not if the crowds are anything like they were last time. I wouldn't want to get up at the crack of dawn for that lunacy.
Just try to go for jury selection if that is open to the public. Her questions would be interesting and the selection could take a long long time. LOL Juror #1 Do you think I'm hot? Do my fake glasses turn you on or should I not wear them this time? Have you purchased any of my artwork?

Old 08-09-2014, 09:38 AM

27,223 posts, read 46,900,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I forgot about the part that she can be part of that process of eliminating and choosing who she wants...that will make it even more interesting but I believe the cameras will not be in the court room this time although I think Jodi may request them to come back in which would fit her character.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I forgot about the part that she can be part of that process of eliminating and choosing who she wants...that will make it even more interesting but I believe the cameras will not be in the court room this time although I think Jodi may request them to come back in which would fit her character.

Arias might change her mind without cameras filming her award performance. Her last hurrah I hope.

Kirk Nurmi filed a motion once again on Friday to quit because the situation had changed. In his motion he noted that the earlier judge told him he had an ethical obligation to stay on the case. But now that he is merely advisory counsel, he wrote, "his ethical obligations to Ms. Arias are lessened to the point where these ethical obligations are of significantly lesser import."

He also pointed out that Arias has repeatedly tried to fire him from the case. Nurmi told Stephens that he and Arias did not agree on defense strategy for the upcoming retrial.

Arias has already tried to be her own lawyer before the first trial. All her motions were denied and she asked to have her lawyers back.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime