Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:28 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,909,014 times

Advertisements

Aside from all of the other crazy theories...I want to know what caliber hammer was used. Reading through threads in every forum on this site over the years has me convinced people in the USA are only killed by fully automatic assault rifles.
TV reinforces the theory so it must be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 02:30 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,595,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
That was my first thought. She went home early, ostensibly to get ready for work Monday a.m., but picked him up Sunday night, drove him over there, ended it or argued, drove him back, and he returned and broke in.

Or, she could have stayed over at his place, broke up or argued, then returned home to get ready for work and he broke in.

Only one other theory I have: I think the husband is either totally involved or not involved at all.
Who's the Scorpio...the Dr, her husband? Someones a Scorpio.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:31 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,166,739 times
Look at the facts in the story, put on your thinking caps.

- Hammer: either very personal (a grudge), or weapon of opportunity.

- Screams and shouts of pain? Again, thinking "personal" and/or some sick psycho (pre-meditated). Listening to someone scream and die is the work of a diabolical person.

- Why did it take 5 days for the police to figure that out, the murder weapon? (A: it probably didn't, more like about an hour to determine "blunt force trauma" and look at weapon imprints in the poor woman's head). Was the hammer cleaned up after and replaced somewhere (or tossed)? If the former, it's a methodical kill and time to look to into her enemies, friends, and family.

- Or, it's the work of an arch fiend (serial killer), which while rarer is pretty scary and the whole neighborhood should be boarded up. Didn't see a word of anything like that in the story, therefore the detectives know something for-sure.

- The door was hauled away by the cops forensics, hmm. Guessing that means someone tried to kick or smash it down, and must have succeeded. Wonder if they're looking for blood and other DNA, or information about weapon(s) used to break it down. OR the killer just walked in, after a how-to-do through the peephole? How would that happen?

- Cascades from previous: Someone parked a vehicle in her home? If the killer, was that person known to victim? Else, who was it? Can't just park a vehicle in someone's driveway and leave it there without the resident knowing, not for long at-least. If the killers vehicle, did they take their time?

- How did the killer know they wouldn't be interrupted or surprised? Family was elsewhere, right? Hmm!

- "Upscale" Florida means that bums and shady break-and-enter types probably are not too prevalent. They stand out. The residents won't stand for it, the cops roust people who don't belong in places like that very quickly. Again, premeditated, quiet and methodical or what?

- a beautiful woman. Boyfriend, psycho stalker, mad patient? Again, go back to the "hammer" part. That's hatred, not the randomness of a gunshot.

Just a few thoughts, applying logic and what I understand of human nature. If forced to play some "Clue," I'd say, in order of probability: 1) psycho patient and stalker of victim 2) professional hit, with a clause to "make it hurt" 3) payback for a slight, or debt, of hers or others in the family. Could be a "message", too 4) her misfortune to have attracted a random psycho who was at least somewhat methodical.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:43 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,782,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Only accepts cash as in currency? What kind of legitimate medical practice does that? Even if it is: cash, check or credit, but not insurance, it would be a rarity. I wonder if there is a phony medicare billing / tax fraud angle to this.
Not really; you'd be surprised how many docs only take cash, especially the holistic ones who perform non-billable services. (I'm trying to imagine what "intuitology," mentioned in a post above, could possibly be. Can you imagine trying to bill Blue Cross for that?) You can only do phony billing for legit services that you didn't really provide or the patient didn't really need -- but tax evasion in an all-cash business? Oh, yeah, that's another story entirely. Millions of people worm out of tax payments by not reporting any cash transactions to Uncle Sam.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:53 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,138,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Only one other theory I have: I think the husband is either totally involved or not involved at all.
Going out on the limb, aren't you?

Mick

Old 07-08-2015, 03:20 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,396,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
Holistic drs are mds but not traditional. It's more of a gimmick if you ask me.

So maybe a broke patient became furious.
Given the holistic nature, perhaps the cash only policy was a uhhmmm..... green approach- paper only, no plastic (get it, get it).

Though I am surprised that more doctors are not targetted by: "Grandpa died and now I am drunk and blaming you" type violence, my guess is that it was somebody closer to home. Then again, she was attractive. If she made public presentations on holistic medicine, she might have attracted a stalker type admirer.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:34 PM

158 posts, read 200,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Given the holistic nature, perhaps the cash only policy was a uhhmmm..... green approach- paper only, no plastic (get it, get it).

Though I am surprised that more doctors are not targetted by: "Grandpa died and now I am drunk and blaming you" type violence, my guess is that it was somebody closer to home. Then again, she was attractive. If she made public presentations on holistic medicine, she might have attracted a stalker type admirer.
Lol. Good thought. She could of had a stalker who became a patient and then became inpatient because things were not moving in the direction that he hoped. So he calls doc for a house visit. Doc rebuffs him. He gets mad. And boom.

Who knows.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,909,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post

- Or, it's the work of an arch fiend (serial killer), which while rarer is pretty scary and the whole neighborhood should be boarded up. Didn't see a word of anything like that in the story, therefore the detectives know something for-sure.
Time to put up the Bat signal and wait for the caped crusader and boy wonder.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:17 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
She was an MD but one who also practiced alternative therapies.
About RHHC: Integrative Medicine and Nutrition for Weight Loss, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Adrenal Fatigue and more

Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 PM

836 posts, read 1,664,888 times
There is no safety- there is only preparedness.

I can't believe every average-income home in America doesn't have a $300 4-camera security system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime