Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 02:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Been watching the HLN Crime&Justice show on Monday to Thursday at 600 pm to 730pm ever since the murders happened. One guy called in and told them he had a affair with Chris Watts last year, and also a girl at his work , a report said she was having a affair with him. No reports of him being abusive to his wife.
No.Watts (allegedly) said, his wife abused him...

Saw the allegation yesterday. And if reporting correct, more than one man claiming to have relationships with Watts.

To be expected from a guy who does a news conference seeking his families where abouts after disposing them in crude oil tanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 03:40 PM

513 posts, read 470,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No.Watts (allegedly) said, his wife abused him...

Saw the allegation yesterday. And if reporting correct, more than one man claiming to have relationships with Watts.

To be expected from a guy who does a news conference seeking his families where abouts after disposing them in crude oil tanks.

I `m so interested in this case and want to be a arm chair detective

Just a lot of questions, why did he bury his wife and not put his kids in with her ? but put his kids into oil ?

was it a want to preserve them?

Last edited by docyabut; 09-14-2018 at 03:49 PM..

Old 09-14-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Just a lot of questions, why did he bury his wife and not put his kids in with her ? but put his kids into oil ?

The locations possibly one of convenience.

Interested to know if the judge approved defense request for dna scrapings??

Old 09-14-2018, 04:57 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:

IIRC the judge said he wasn't going to tell the coroner how to do their job and denied issuance of a court order.

I'm sure the coroner and detectives got swabs from their necks.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:

A Colorado judge has denied a request by a defense attorney for a man accused of killing his pregnant wife and two daughters to require a coroner to collect DNA from the necks of the young girls.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...kids/23504935/

Old 09-14-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
A Colorado judge has denied a request by a defense attorney for a man accused of killing his pregnant wife and two daughters to require a coroner to collect DNA from the necks of the young girls.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...kids/23504935/
Thank you for linking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
IIRC the judge said he wasn't going to tell the coroner how to do their job and denied issuance of a court order.

I'm sure the coroner and detectives got swabs from their necks.
Thank you.
Yeah. Case detectives in homicides usually present during the autopsy.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:00 PM

I feel so sorry and sad for the victims but want to know the truths.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:04 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:

I think he put the girls in first then realized she wouldn't fit. The opening was small at the top of the tank. He didn't want to preserve anything.

Shudder.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I think he put the girls in first then realized she wouldn't fit. The opening was small at the top of the tank. He didn't want to preserve anything.

Shudder.

When I heard that, my first thought was that he left the mom out in the open so she'd be found and he could get insurance money.

He probably thought they'd find her and assume someone had killed her in order to kidnap and have the girls. So he had to hide the girls and decided the oil would coat them and keep the odor of decaying flesh from leading police to the girls.

I'm interested to find out what happened to make him change his story. They must have found something major that didn't add up so he changed it to try to make it fit.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:19 PM

94 posts, read 84,697 times
After watching the tv interviews it seemed to me he was trying to make us think his wife and kids left on their own. I think he never even considered their bodies would be found. He was just gonna’ act like it is a big mystery and happily move on with his life with whoever. He did have scratches on his neck that seemed to partially covered by his shirt.

I think he killed his children before his wife came home and killed her after she came home and went to bed.

What is heart breaking is she appeared to truly love him. He killed the children she adored and her. What a betrayal. Horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime