Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 PM

38 posts, read 84,726 times

Advertisements

I have actually seen quite a few, drive throug any neighborhood, you'll see at least one house with one.

ANSWER: *I've only seen two other's like mine - one on the internet - someone trying to sell it in PA. Another one (exactly like mine) at the place dad bought it in PA. My point is - you might see a bunch of them driving around but NOT one standing on a one foot slab that is then 4 feet tall with a three to four foot wing span. I did include a picture of it but I'm not sure if it was included in my post (I'm new to this!!!).

Why did you fail to include this information in your initial post, don't you think it's relative information? ---

ANSWER: *That I can ID the gargoyle if found? I didn't put it in the post because if the person who took it see's this - would they break it and toss it away because they know know I can ID it? There are two things very special about this gargoyle. One is the patch. One is somethng else. The place my dad bought it had a mold, they only poured TWO because they are sooo heavy. One my dad bought, the other one IS STILL sitting where he bought ours.

My dad bought this seven years ago - for mom's 45th. He died right after that. I know I can get the other one - back in PA - where this one was bought because I was back there 2 weeks ago and they still had it, but that's not the point.

Mod Cut: Personal[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 01:28 PM

Everyone, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm sick to think it might be broken or not returned.

The police are looking into the plate. I only had 6 digits, not the full 7. Right now they are pulling plates with a variation of what I gave them – if the plate comes up with a car, they know they can skip that one – they are looking for a plate to match an SUV. Truth be told, I’m not sure this is a high priority for them.

Don’t laugh!!! I went to a hypnosis session and asked the lady to hypnotism me to see if I could give her the whole plate. She did, I did give her a whole plate. I turned this over to the police and this is the address that came back in Phoenix.

Pima County responded to my call. In order for anyone to go to these people in Phoenix the request must be sent from Pima County to officers in Maricopa county. Again, see my point that it’s not a high priority?

I’m not going to stop trying…

Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Are you sure it was just a guy and a woman? A 4 foot, 600-800 pound hunk of cement with wings into the back of an SUV needed more than a man and woman to lift it?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:57 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Are you sure it was just a guy and a woman? A 4 foot, 600-800 pound hunk of cement with wings into the back of an SUV needed more than a man and woman to lift it?
Not necessarily. At 4' that would be just the right height to push it over into the SUV, then pick up the back and slide it in. You'd be amazed at what you can move if the leverage is right. That assumes of course the vehicle was backed-up to the gargoyle.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:02 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I don't get this. Having six out of 7 digits of the license plate, along with a description of the vehicle is more than enough information to make a positive ID. How could they know the town, but stop short of connecting to a particular car? They should be sending somebody out to this person's home.
my thoughts exactly .

Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 PM

Default Reply

REPLY * GREAT QUESTION!!! AND SO TRUE. I saw the man twice outside the truck. He is the only one I ever saw. I heard the woman screaming when I went flying up behind their SUV in my truck. I couldn't see / hear anyone else. It's possible there was someone else in the vehicle. The windows of the SUV had dark black LIMO tint and I couldn't see in.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Not necessarily. At 4' that would be just the right height to push it over into the SUV, then pick up the back and slide it in. You'd be amazed at what you can move if the leverage is right. That assumes of course the vehicle was backed-up to the gargoyle.

ANSWER * they backed into the driveway close to the gargoyle. You can then see where they "walked" him over the cement (because the driveway is scratched up pretty good) a short distance it the back of the truck.

I'm pretty sure they probably broke him because his body is very heavy and his wings are behind him. If you lean him back and push him, he will move, put he can't hold the weight of his body on his wings for long. When I moved him we tried a lot of ways and he has to be standing up to not have all that pressure on his wings. They had to have laid him down...

Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,570,310 times
I saw the story on the 5:00 p.m. news on KVOA tonight, so I wonder if the other stations picked it up, too? I should check out KVOA online and see if they have it there. Good Luck, Susie!! I'm routin' for ya!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I saw the story on the 5:00 p.m. news on KVOA tonight, so I wonder if the other stations picked it up, too? I should check out KVOA online and see if they have it there. Good Luck, Susie!! I'm routin' for ya!
I missed it . . . maybe tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:37 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I don't get this. Having six out of 7 digits of the license plate, along with a description of the vehicle is more than enough information to make a positive ID. How could they know the town, but stop short of connecting to a particular car? They should be sending somebody out to this person's home.

Actually, it isn't more than enough...it isn't even close to enough. A legal term called "reasonable doubt" comes into play here. Could be several black SUVs in a city the size of Phoenix with similar license plate numbers. To make a positive ID they need the exact make and model as well as the entire license plate number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson