Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times

Advertisements

I try to be a considerate dog owner. Fez only goes out when I'm out there, and if he starts barking for whatever reason and I can't get him to stop, he goes back in the house. He doesn't bark too much though. Our neighbors have some yappy, obnoxious thing. It (they) bark all. day. long. Luckily I can't hear them in the house though.

Another thing I was thinking, Sierra is check w/your HOA... I know that we have something in ours about barking dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Does anybody know where you're supposed to complain of barking dogs?
Just a Quick Update, Sierra . . .

The Two Barking Dogs down the street from me have suddenly become very quiet lately. While walking past their gate yesterday, I noticed a little black box attached to each collar and absolutely NO BARKING whatsoever. They were still super friendly and anxiously waiting for their Milk-Bones but still NO BARKING.

Obviously the owner, a nice neighbor otherwise, must have received numerous complaints and/or threats from either other neighbors or locals officials.

Whatever happened and whatever is inside those small boxes WORKS as the barking seems to have ceased.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Another thing I was thinking, Sierra is check w/your HOA... I know that we have something in ours about barking dogs.
I know, but considering it took me 6 weeks and numerous phone calls to get them to finally fix the drip system in front of my house they're supposed to maintain (thankfully, it happened in July; otherwise all plants would've been dead as they are between the rows of houses next door), I'm sure they'll be very "concerned" about the barking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Just a Quick Update, Sierra . . .

The Two Barking Dogs down the street from me have suddenly become very quiet lately. While walking past their gate yesterday, I noticed a little black box attached to each collar and absolutely NO BARKING whatsoever. They were still super friendly and anxiously waiting for their Milk-Bones but still NO BARKING.

Obviously the owner, a nice neighbor otherwise, must have received numerous complaints and/or threats from either other neighbors or locals officials.

Whatever happened and whatever is inside those small boxes WORKS as the barking seems to have ceased.
Lucky you, Bummer! I'm a bit leery of complaining as I don't know the owners. Who knows... they may be nasty... The front and the patio of my house are very exposed and they may damage something in revenge...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Lucky you, Bummer! I'm a bit leery of complaining as I don't know the owners. Who knows... they may be nasty... The front and the patio of my house are very exposed and they may damage something in revenge...
I understand fully, Sierra

Then you need to contact the Police or Animal Control. There's no reason you should be required to endure such crap.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
So annoying. I feel for you, Sierra.

I don't know what's worse, barking dogs, or a buffoon of a neighbor that plays his stereo too loud (yep, I'm blessed).

Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 AM

104 posts, read 319,454 times
I live in Rincon Trails in Vail and we have a dog just across the wash that entertains the entire neighborhood with his barking just about every night. Very annoying and I feel your pain SierraAz.

We like to keep the windows open but at 10pm trying to sleep with the yapper going on and on we have to close em up. I know the house address now as I jog by it a lot and am going to start calling the sheriff. I am not sure what else to do in Vail as it is unincorporated.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf77 View Post
I live in Rincon Trails in Vail and we have a dog just across the wash that entertains the entire neighborhood with his barking just about every night. Very annoying and I feel your pain SierraAz.

We like to keep the windows open but at 10pm trying to sleep with the yapper going on and on we have to close em up. I know the house address now as I jog by it a lot and am going to start calling the sheriff. I am not sure what else to do in Vail as it is unincorporated.
Keep us updated, beowulf.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM

135 posts, read 515,660 times
I have a barker about 200 feet from my house. They just moved in 2 months ago and thats all I've heard, all night long bark, bark, bark. I went and spoke to the new owners and she actually had the nerve to tell me "thats what dogs do" and shut the door in my face.

Well not to be out done, I simply hooked up a mega speaker on the side of my garage pointed towards their house, then recorded the dog barking then looped it and played it back via the highest level on my stereo system. Took about 2 nights and then the dog was gone. Ah! Peace at last.

As an owner of 2 Rotties I respect others and will not allow my dogs to bark like that, not that they don't bark mind you but I'm usually out there in minutes to see whats up and to quite them down.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnryOne View Post
Well not to be out done, I simply hooked up a mega speaker on the side of my garage pointed towards their house, then recorded the dog barking then looped it and played it back via the highest level on my stereo system. Took about 2 nights and then the dog was gone. Ah! Peace at last. ...
That's pure genius. Well done!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf77 View Post
I know the house address now as I jog by it a lot and am going to start calling the sheriff. I am not sure what else to do in Vail as it is unincorporated.
I know it, too. I'm planning to send a letter to the owner first soon... I'm not holding my breath, but sometimes dog "lovers" are totally oblivious to the fact what nuisance their animals are. Btw, I was this close to sending it to the wrong address... If that doesn't help, I'll start calling, too. I just found out I've another recourse. It's not the best this time of the year for that, but still... Turns out it's against the law in AZ to keep dogs out without access to shade, too, and all of the patios in my section are uncovered. Had I known earlier, the dog could've been gone by now! In any event, something's gotta give 'cause I bought a home, not a space in the pound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnryOne View Post
Well not to be out done, I simply hooked up a mega speaker on the side of my garage pointed towards their house, then recorded the dog barking then looped it and played it back via the highest level on my stereo system. Took about 2 nights and then the dog was gone. Ah! Peace at last.
What a brilliant idea! How'd it work with the rest of the neighbors, though...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson