Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:06 AM

355 posts, read 1,048,778 times

Advertisements

Yes we got OFF and some others. However, they never seem to work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM

91 posts, read 338,295 times
Best: beaches and mountains (natural landscape); food; Christmas en el campo
Worst: consumerism, billboards (visual contamination), politics, poor service attitude

Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,976 times
Hola! I am from Puerto Rico, I have been blessed that I have lived in 5 different countries and have traveled a lot around the world, I have met people from different cultures and eat different food. You are right we are not perfect! we all have issues, no country is perfect if we talk about politics, creed, race, greed for money we will always find someone to point out negative things. It's a fallacy or ignorance to say that all Germans are Nazi, that all Italians are in the mafia, that Colombians are drug dealers... Which country doesn't have bad and good things? My suggestion to you all, is that while traveling or living in a foreign country, don't judge if we don't want to be judged, to flow, trying to see the best there is in human begins then our perspective to see and enjoy life changes. Happiness it has to begin with in us first, not in places or people, weather, etc...! within each one of us. We can blame our unhappiness, spend a lot of time and energy complaining and doing nothing, the weather, the ants, the traffic will be there... If we don't change our state of mind we will be and feel miserable not matter what we do and where we live. I am currently living in Georgia, US I could mention lot of positive and negative things from people, weather, ants; from here. What do I get or resolve complaining about it? Then, if we have to complain for any reason we should have at least alternatives. Helping, before leaving the country ..maybe donating time, money to a great cause, I feel is a great idea. I choose to be happy and do the best while living in GA. I do, voluntary work with young inmates, with immigrants, teaching foreign languages, yoga, meditation, etc. Again, happiness is my decision. I choose to be happy not living a miserable life. I am definitely moving back to the island soon..after all is an Enchanted Island! Once I am back, I will be a mentor, working with young people, doing voluntary work. Wishing you all the best, have a pleasant stay while visiting Puerto Rico next time. Welcome! Benvenuti! Bienvenido!

Last edited by Caraibi; 07-19-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,589,957 times
My family and I visited Puerto Rico a couple months ago and had a great time. Since the good things about PR have already been stated, and since I am short of time right now I will just add one thing to the WORST list: Malta Polar. I was not expecting my tastebuds to be punched in the face with a Molasses flavored drink.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM

35 posts, read 123,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by username3 View Post
I will start.

stuff here is cheaper than in the US for the most part,

no Dr. Pepper or Moutain Dew.

So, I'm trying to figure out what is cheaper here than in the states? Everything I've found so far seems to be twice as expensive, except for housing. Also, Mountain Dew is everywhere, at least here in San Juan.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,391 times
hey dear, i think the fare of public convenience is much less in compare to other states

Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM

80 posts, read 449,447 times
The worst: Poverty, dilapidated sidewalks and public areas outside of the tourist district, drug trafficking and violence
The best: Plaza Las Americas, El Yunque, warm, childhood memories in various towns in PR, extremely friendly people everywhere, probably one of the most diverse islands in the Caribbean - not just in color, but in the various peoples around the world who call PR home...at least in San Juan

Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,004,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrenb5 View Post
I guess it's more of my current state of mind. I hate driving and would like more of a walkable city. PR is many things but walkable. I hate discos and beaches as well, so those are a no no. So this mean that, for me to get "un-bored" I would have to drive everywhere. No thank you.

Let's just say that, for my specific case, PR is quite boring. I do understand why other people would find PR fun and hectic and a never-to-be-bored place. So, no arguments or hard feelings. I'm just saying, if you're looking for a place to live without a car, you'll have it tough in PR.

My definitive favorite thing about PR is the food. Oh man, I'm drooling already.
Efrenb5: What keeps you living there?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,004,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Go see places like coffee in Jayuya....
Sometimes you are unhappy because inside you are unhappy. Look into yourself.
He sounds depressed, maybe bored with his marriage? Seems like he needs a change of lifestyle.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM

27 posts, read 36,343 times
Beaches definitely the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories